Hillary Clinton to EMiss AFL-CIO Iowa candidate forum

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Hillary Clinton to miss AFL-CIO Iowa candidate forum

The Iowa chapter of the AFL-CIO announced Tuesday that it would hold a presidential candidate forum on Thursday, Aug. 6. Notably absent from the list of attendees was front-running candidate Hillary Clinton.

"She will not be appearing," Lance Coles, spokesman for the AFL-CIO's Iowa chapter, told the Washington Examiner. He said the campaign cited a "scheduling conflict."

The confirmed attendees so far are Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., former Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley and former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee. The event will be held at the Prairie Meadows Convention Center in Altoona, Iowa.

Coles added that they invited all of the Republicans, "But they have their own forum that night, so none of them could make it."

MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

Sanders soars to statistical tie with Clinton in New Hampshire

By Ariel Cohen

08/04/15 7:09 PM

Clinton's absence is notable. She is currently attempting to fend off a strong challenge from Sanders for organized labor's support. Both met with the AFL-CIO's executive council last week in Silver Spring, Md., in the hopes of securing the organization's endorsement. Webb and O'Malley also appeared. On Thursday, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka announced they were still mulling the endorsement and indicated a decision was a long ways off.

Iowa traditionally kicks off the presidential nomination process with its caucus, which can change the race overnight. Clinton's loss in Iowa in 2008 started the process that transformed her from a prohibitive favorite to a loser in the Democratic nomination battle.

Getting the labor movement's support in Iowa will be a significant help for whoever gets it, because the caucus system rewards candidates with large, organized networks of local residents.

At press time, Clinton's campaign had not responded to a request for comment.

Hillary Clinton to miss AFL-CIO Iowa candidate forum Washington Examiner

So Hillary expects her coronation without the unions? Don't piss off Trumka!

She's fallen and can't get up. And nobody cares! SUPPORT Col Sanders!
It doesn't look good, does it? I suspect there will be a shakeup in the campaign people, blaming it on them rather than her propensity of ignoring tough questions.
Then, her top aide, Huma Abedin is now getting a look at. Her husband, do I have to say it...is Anthony "full frontal" Weiner. What is it about these woman who cannot stand up for themselves and want to be the champion for women. Really?

Hillary is not ever getting a vote from me so I don't care. Not sure what kind of strategy she is attempting here, she is going to get harshly criticized and will not be there to defend herself as she should.

Hillary is not ever getting a vote from me so I don't care. Not sure what kind of strategy she is attempting here, she is going to get harshly criticized and will not be there to defend herself as she should.
She won't be there to defend herself, because, frankly, she can't.

She won't be there to defend herself, because, frankly, she can't.
Yes, way too much baggage there. I am not prepared to support such a ruthless politician.

Forum List

Back