Hillary Clinton: Government Has ‘A Right’ To Regulate 2nd Amendment

Doing drugs should be left up to adults to decide for themselves. The Government shouldn't be involved with it. Decriminalize drugs and immediately abolish the DEA.

Then, reverse all non-violent drug related prosecutions. Release millions of Americans who don't belong in cages. Most convicted have a problem, they need treatment. They shouldn't be shoved in cages.

Well right now they are being shoved in holes at local cemeteries all around the country. I guess you feel we need to expand that much more, huh?

Maybe you should force those wanting to buy guns to look at pictures of children who have been shot in school shootings, or those who've been accidentally shot, before they can buy a gun. They should be forced to look at all of the gun death figures for the US and wait three days to properly consider the consequence of their actions. Just like women wanting an abortion.

That would only make them want a gun all the more for protection.

Doing drugs should be left up to adults to decide for themselves. The Government shouldn't be involved with it. Decriminalize drugs and immediately abolish the DEA.

Then, reverse all non-violent drug related prosecutions. Release millions of Americans who don't belong in cages. Most convicted have a problem, they need treatment. They shouldn't be shoved in cages.

Well right now they are being shoved in holes at local cemeteries all around the country. I guess you feel we need to expand that much more, huh?

When they first tried prohibition the gang wars killed many innocent Americans and that made front page news. In today's modern drug war many more innocent people are being kill across the globe. That doesn't make front page news anywhere in the US. I'm not saying using drugs is not dangerous. The war on drugs makes it even more so.

The further Left any Nation slides the more totalitarian it becomes.

whatever weapons a Citizen
can afford to protect himself from the
government;

At the time it was to be use in the well regulated militia. The Militia's could be called up by the President.

Who told you that?

Even at that time, there was no requirement for someone owning a firearm to belong to a militia.

Who said Arms referred to only firearms?

White males were required to join (you know citizens whom the Bill of Rights protected). With a firearm, even better.

whatever weapons a Citizen
can afford to protect himself from the
government;

At the time it was to be use in the well regulated militia. The Militia's could be called up by the President.

Who told you that?

Even at that time, there was no requirement for someone owning a firearm to belong to a militia.

Who said Arms referred to only firearms?

White males were required to join (you know citizens whom the Bill of Rights protected). With a firearm, even better.

Again

Who told you that?

Except for people who live in the "Faux bubble" the Nazi's proved that theory wrong.

Huh, how do you explain the Soviet Union, Cambodia and China? As for Germany Hitler simply co-opted a movement. The Nazi were Fascist. Although in todays world we are witnessing the inbreeding of Facism and Totalitarianism.

Except for people who live in the "Faux bubble" the Nazi's proved that theory wrong.

People who are intellectually challenged usually resort to the "Fox" bullshit. You think it makes you look all cool and shit, it just reveals that you cannot think for yourself.

The whole crux of Heller is that government cannot deny firearm ownership "just because they feel like it", which is still the case in NYC, where I have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 just to own a revolver in my own apartment.

Progressives are not about "reasonable regulation", they are about 1)outright bans (which Heller rightly threw out) and 2) onerous regulations who's whole purpose is to make it as hard as possible for a law abiding citizen to own a firearm. THAT is infringement, and that is what this fight is about.

I'm sure that there are 20 sets of parents in Newtown, CT. who wish the regulations were more onerous.

When they first tried prohibition the gang wars killed many innocent Americans and that made front page news. In today's modern drug war many more innocent people are being kill across the globe. That doesn't make front page news anywhere in the US. I'm not saying using drugs is not dangerous. The war on drugs makes it even more so.

No, because when you make something legal, expect more people to participate.

Politicians predicted that if they legalized pot in places like Colorado, that would wipe out the illegal sales of pot. Wrong. It's stronger than ever. They thought the same thing when they pushed lotteries across the country; it would stop the mob activity in gambling. Wrong, now the mob uses the states numbers to make their gambling more legitimate. They offer higher payouts and of course, no taxation regardless how much you win.

I don't believe that legalizing something that's so destructive can make things better. I believe that it makes things worse if anything. This very discussion came up today with a coworker of mine. It came up because a school mate of his died from an OD late last week. He's in his later 20's, and claimed that was the sixth classmate that died from an OD since he left school.

She's right. You're wrong. Every right can be reasonably regulated, in fact the courts have applied a sliding scale of scrutiny as a guideline for how much restriction can be put on a right.

Lefties talking about "reasonably regulated" rights.

23i8g0p.gif

The bitch just admitted she wants to abolish the 2nd Amendment.

Government has a right to regulate the Second Amendment, Hillary Clinton said in an interview on the June 5 airing of This Week With George Stephanopoulos, Clinton contended that Americans have historically recognized the government’s “right” to regulate the bearing of arms, suggesting that it was not until District of Columbia v Heller (2008) that anyone thought otherwise. Stephanopoulos asked, “Do you believe an individual’s right to bear arms is a constitutional right? That it’s not linked to the service in the militia?”

Stephanopoulos asked, “Do you believe an individual’s right to bear arms is a constitutional right? That it’s not linked to the service in the militia?”

Clinton responded:

I think that for most of our history there was a nuanced reading of the Second Amendment, until the decision by the late Justice [Antonin] Scalia. And there was no argument until then that localities, and states, and the federal government had a right–as we do with every amendment–to impose reasonable regulations.

While arguing for the government’s “right” to regulate the Second Amendment, Clinton twice refused to say the people have “a constitutional right” to keep and bear arms.

she is a treasonous lying bitch

that is why so many scum bags sup;sort her

Forum List

Back