Hillary Attacks Walker for “Bullying” Unions

anyone else sick of how these UNIONS owns the Democrats. ? what is the difference between them or these Big CORPS that the left claims own the Republican party? they pretty much tell the rest of us, hey so we pay and we get SPECIAL favors and Treatment OVER all you little people who aren't democrat. how in the hell is that fair and it's so blatant and in our face? Walker is threatening to take them down and get rid of the government agency that is also walking all over us who isn't in the unions

I say GO WALKER

Granny says, "Dat's right - he didn't have enough union support...

Scott Walker suspends presidential campaign
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has suspended his presidential campaign, effectively ending a once-promising GOP presidential bid that collapsed amid tepid debate performances, confusing statements and other missteps.\
"Today, I believe that I am being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race so that a positive, conservative message can rise to the top of the field," Walker said in a brief speech in Madison, Wisconsin, on Monday evening. "With this in mind, I will suspend my campaign immediately." Walker said that because the field is so crowded, candidates have become focused on personal attacks instead of the substantial issues that matter most to voters. He said Republicans have lost the "optimistic view of America" pushed by President Ronald Reagan, Walker's political idol, and urged those still running to "get back to the basics" with a focus on creating jobs, reducing the size of government and strengthening the military.

"To refocus the debate on these types of issues will require leadership," Walker said. "I encourage other Republican presidential candidates to consider doing the same so that the voters can focus on a limited number of candidates who can offer a positive, conservative alternative to the current front-runner. This is fundamentally important to the future of the party and, more importantly, to the future of our country." In making that plea, Walker did not directly name the current front-runner, businessman Donald Trump.

The announcement stunned many of Walker's major supporters, donors, fundraisers and even some of his staff members. Given his tanking poll numbers, many expected dramatic changes to the staff and strategy -- but not such a sudden end. “I’m stunned and saddened because I think Scott has had a tremendous record of accomplishment,” Fred Malek, a longtime party fundraiser who serves as the Republican Governor's Association’s finance chairman. “He’s a man of the highest character and capacity, and he would have made a great president."

Wisconsin State Assembly Speaker Robin Vos said in a statement: “Governor Walker has an amazing story to tell about turning Wisconsin around. It is unfortunate that the bluster of candidates overshadowed his substance." When Walker launched his presidential campaign in mid-July, he was considered a top-tier candidate. He was an early favorite in Iowa, where many voters liked that he was a mellow, understated and sometimes boring Midwesterner. And a super PAC supporting his candidacy raised more than $20 million in less than three months.

MORE

Forum List

Back