High school 50 years later

1959 little Jane's mom packs a lunch and includes a butter knife so she can spread jam on her crackers.

2009 Little Jane is expelled for having a weapon and is forced to go to reform school.

i never understood why conservatives enjoy beating their kids so much. and they wonder why people become sheep...

ya the liberal kids are so well behaved.....

the ones that are given proper discipline are. that doesn't involve any physical contact though unless they are totally uncontrollable at the time.

What is "proper discipline"??

What proof do you have that reasonable spanking harms children?

ya the liberal kids are so well behaved.....

the ones that are given proper discipline are. that doesn't involve any physical contact though unless they are totally uncontrollable at the time.

What is "proper discipline"??

What proof do you have that reasonable spanking harms children?

there a number of studies on the topic. I also said that spanking when its absolutely necesary should be done.

I don't think it should be the generic punishment though. People who are only afraid of physical punishment never internalize any reasons for not doing whats getting them into trouble. if you ask them "why is stealing wrong?" their answer is something like "because I get into trouble". if you ask someone who is spoken to about stealing instead and forced to really think about it then they will be able to talk about things like respect, propery rights, gaining trust of others, etc. This response pattern is published in numerous publications and I haev seen it work first hand with my gf's son, we have him write journals or explain why he did things instead of screaming at him/spanking him and the mental anguish over it lasts way longer than the pain of any spanking would. It also makes a more permant impression as he thinks about why he did something and what caused him to justify the action before he did it.

Forum List

Back