High Profile DOJ Alum Push Back At Barr’s Flynn Shenanigans

90% of federal cases never go to
Which is a sign of how strong federal cases are before they even see charges brought.

Not really. Just shows how efficient the federal investigators are at dragging the case out and destroying the defendants' lives with legal bills, that anyone is willing to make a deal

Since when is legal bills a suitable justification for not prosecuting someone? As if I’m supposed to care that Flynn incurred legal bills because he broke the law.

Come on, easy hundred bucks.

Show us evidence that Flynn lied or that Trump and Putin colluded to steal the 2016 election from HIllary.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

Facts say otherwise. Flynn is the beneficiary of government corruption so he gets to go free.

This idea that Attorney General Barr, by caring transparently about the rule of law, doesn’t care about the rule of law while the people who lie on 302’s [FBI interview report forms] or destroy 302’s … who destroy evidence, who illegally spy on the Trump campaign with these warrants that were ill-gotten, who illegally interview people. That’s not rule of law. That is a problem.

Which is a sign of how strong federal cases are before they even see charges brought.

Not really. Just shows how efficient the federal investigators are at dragging the case out and destroying the defendants' lives with legal bills, that anyone is willing to make a deal

Since when is legal bills a suitable justification for not prosecuting someone? As if I’m supposed to care that Flynn incurred legal bills because he broke the law.

Show us evidence that Flynn lied or that Trump and Putin colluded to steal the 2016 election from HIllary.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

Facts say otherwise. Flynn is the beneficiary of government corruption so he gets to go free.

This idea that Attorney General Barr, by caring transparently about the rule of law, doesn’t care about the rule of law while the people who lie on 302’s [FBI interview report forms] or destroy 302’s … who destroy evidence, who illegally spy on the Trump campaign with these warrants that were ill-gotten, who illegally interview people. That’s not rule of law. That is a problem.
Barr doesn’t care about transparency or the law. He cares about Trump.

There were no lies in the 302. There was no destruction of evidence. Those are false accusations.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

There were no lies in the 302. There was no destruction of evidence. Those are false accusations.

You are a fucking joke.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

It’s pretty clear. I thInk these sick assholes are pawns to the military industrial complex.

Have you ever heard one liberal who was critical of Obama’s 7 foreign wars?

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

You are a fucking joke.

You’re a sheep.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

You are a fucking joke.

You’re a sheep.

Says the fucking dumbfuck who literally will believe anything that the Dems tell you to.
Can't make it up.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

It’s pretty clear. I thInk these sick assholes are pawns to the military industrial complex.

I don't see that.
I don't think Maddow told them that Obama had any wars.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

You are a fucking joke.

You’re a sheep.

Says the fucking dumbfuck who literally will believe anything that the Dems tell you to.
Can't make it up.
I’m going based on the court rulings. What are you going off of? Something the internet told you to believe?

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

You are a fucking joke.

You’re a sheep.

Can't make it up.
I’m going based on the court rulings. What are you going off of? Something the internet told you to believe?

No you are not.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

I don't see that.
What’s ironic is that Maddow literally wrote a book on it.

Books are things that people read when they want to learn things. It’s like TV but less screaming.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

You are a fucking joke.

You’re a sheep.

Can't make it up.

No you are not.

Yes, I am.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

I don't see that.
What’s ironic is that Maddow literally wrote a book on it.

Books are things that people read when they want to learn things. It’s like TV but less screaming.

I laugh.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

I don't see that.

You are correct as far as Maddow calling him out.

I got

Iraq
Iran
Syria
Yemen
Uganda
Libya
Pakistan

Not one liberal piece of trash on this board will disagree with any of them. Millions of brown people murdered because of Obama.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

I don't see that.

You are correct as far as Maddow calling him out.

I got

Iraq
Iran
Syria
Yemen
Uganda
Libya
Pakistan

Not one liberal piece of trash on this board will disagree with any of them. Millions of brown people murdered because of Obama.

Dey luv him.
De End.

Two former Justice Department officials who were directly involved in the Russia investigation have now spoken out publicly against Attorney General Bill Barr’s decision to drop the Michael Flynn case.

Mary McCord, who served as acting assistant attorney general for national security at the start of the probe, accused Barr of “twist[ing]” her words in the legal motions the Department filed to ask that Flynn’s case be dismissed.

Jonathan Kravis — a DOJ prosecutor who resigned after Barr meddled in the Roger Stone case — called last week’s Flynn maneuver “equally appalling.”
..............................................................................................................................................................
Okay, it's time for the reflexive response of Trumpleheads to kick in to gear. JUST LIKE ALL CRITICS OF TRUMP FROM EITHER PARTY these officials will get the "deep state" treatment for having the audacity to speak the truth.

After all, it isn't difficult to dismantle Billy the Bagman's deceit. You just have to pay attention to the facts.

Did the DOJ have all the justification it needed to question Flynn about his contacts with Kislyak?

Yes. It was within their jurisdiction to follow up on the Flynn-Kislyak conversation, along with Flynn’s false statements to Pence and Spicer. At a minimum the fact that the Russian government would know that Flynn had lied left him open to potential blackmail by a hostile foreign power............surely a realistic counterintelligence concern.

Was the FBI authorized to do this investigation even if the prior investigation in to whether Flynn was a Russian operative had been closed?

Yes. The standard for opening an assessment is quite low. It is explicitly less than “‘information or an allegation’ indicating the existence of ... [a]n activity constituting ... a threat to national security,” which is required to open a preliminary investigation (DIOG 6.5). Opening an assessment requires only that there be an “authorized purpose” and a “clearly defined objective” for the assessment. In particular, the DIOG makes clear that an assessment is appropriate when “there is reason to collect information or facts to determine whether there is ... a national security threat” (DIOG 5.1; emphasis added). And as part of an assessment, the FBI is allowed to conduct interviews, including of the possible subject or target (DIOG 18.5.6).

Billy the Bagman has made the horseshit argument that when the FBI—aware of extensive Russian interference in U.S. politics in order to benefit the Trump campaign—learned that the incoming national security adviser requested that Russia not respond to the sanctions that were imposed in response to that interference and then lied to other government officials about that, it could not even “collect information or facts to determine” whether this created a counterintelligence threat.

Is the use of prosecution of Flynn's son as leverage grounds for dismissal of the case?

No. Leaning on a potential defendant for cooperation using the criminal liability of family members as leverage is not unheard of. This does not mean the practice is beyond criticism—but the handling of Flynn’s case is not some kind of aberration, let alone the sort of conscience-shocking thing that might justify a dismissal.

And to the extent any nod-and-a-wink arrangement on Flynn Jr. would raise any kind of Giglio issue, it certainly does not with respect to Flynn, who was obviously aware of the predicament his son faced and any role of his plea in alleviating it. That issue would only arise, as the Covington email reflects, if Flynn’s testimony were used against someone else and any arrangement with respect to his son were not disclosed.

Flynn’s consulting group, with which his son was employed, engaged in practices that raised legal questions under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, exposing both father and son to potential criminal liability.

Are any of the documents found in Jensen's review of the case grounds for dismissal?

No. The way the documents suggest that FBI officials discussed the case and made adjustments to their plans is typical of criminal investigations, former federal prosecutors say, even if seeing these internal discussions put in writing isn’t as common.

More importantly, the documents don’t make the false statements Flynn pleaded guilty to — lying to the FBI about his conversations with then-Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak — any less false. Nor are they the kinds of documents that prosecutors were legally obligated to produce for Flynn’s lawyers.

Is Flynn's motion to withdraw his guilty plea defensible? Yes.

Is Flynn's motion to throw the case out due to prosecutorial malfeasance defensible?

No. Flynn’s new lawyer cites notes given to her by Jensen, which were presumably written by then-FBI counterintelligence chief Bill Priestap, as supposed smoking-gun evidence that the FBI was seeking to entrap Flynn in a lie. The trouble with that argument is that absolutely nothing forced Flynn not to tell the truth in that interview. And while FBI officials appear to have discussed the strategic purpose of the interview, there’s nothing whatsoever wrong with that.

www.lawfareblog.com

Flynn Redux: What Those FBI Documents Really Show
A lot of people seem to be expecting Michael Flynn's sudden vindication. They should take a deep breath.
www.lawfareblog.com

www.lawfareblog.com

talkingpointsmemo.com

Why The Latest Flynn Entrapment Claims Are As Bogus As The Last Ones
The pandemic has changed many things, but it has not changed Michael Flynn’s habit of overhyping claims of FBI entrapment...
talkingpointsmemo.com

www.lawfareblog.com

The Justice Department’s Faulty Arguments in the Flynn Case
Under the logic of the government’s motion to dismiss the charges against Michael Flynn, the FBI can’t investigate whether someone is a Russian agent unless it already has evidence that the person is a Russian agent.
www.lawfareblog.com

www.lawfareblog.com
Two things you should know:

Eat more Bat Soup

And Trump and Flynn were innocent and exonerated and Obama Bin Lying is going to GITMO with his terrorist friends.

Now go back to emptying bed pans in Wuhan.

That does seem like something that Berg would be tasked with.

Did they tell the truth or are they just following instructions from Obama?

Look fuckwit, how many times do you have to be embarrassed? Barr did not do the investigation leading to the dropping of charges.
Right. He chose a lackey to do it. Does that make a difference to you? Jensen was the only signatory to the report to Barr. No career prosecutor signed on. The material Barr used (ultimately it was Barr's decision you foolish dope) to justify dropping the charges against Flynn have been thoroughly gone over by hundreds of former DOJ prosecutors from both parties. They say it's a sham............because it is.

Surely none of this can possibly come as a surprise. Barr is Trump's bagman. We've known that ever since he tried to protect Big Fat Don from Mueller's damning findings.
Poor baby. Not one thing you bleated matches reality. Barr made his decision based on Jensen’s findings you fucking idiot. Prosecutors who have NOT seen the evidence and conveniently ignore the pile of evidence exonerating Flynn. Mueller’s report? Toilet paper that’s showed how there was NOTHING there. The sham is Obozo. Who will be held accountable for his bullshit. Try again. Although debunking you is too easy.

Look fuckwit, how many times do you have to be embarrassed? Barr did not do the investigation leading to the dropping of charges.
Right. He chose a lackey to do it. Does that make a difference to you? Jensen was the only signatory to the report to Barr. No career prosecutor signed on. The material Barr used (ultimately it was Barr's decision you foolish dope) to justify dropping the charges against Flynn have been thoroughly gone over by hundreds of former DOJ prosecutors from both parties. They say it's a sham............because it is.

Surely none of this can possibly come as a surprise. Barr is Trump's bagman. We've known that ever since he tried to protect Big Fat Don from Mueller's damning findings.

They couldn’t find a single career prosecutor to sign on. They’re not even trying to hide the politicization.

This is exactly why we had an independent counsel in the first place.
Poor baby. Barr has exposed how the feckless Obozo politicized the DOJ among other agencies. Your crying shows how right Barr is. Those prosecutors also have not seen any evidence and ignore the documents. Try again.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

Except that they altered the 302s. Oops. Except that the senile incompetent crooked Mule-er tried to destroy the texts from Page and Strzok’s phones. Oops. Of course you post nothing but shit and whatever your Dim masters say that day.

Enjoy!

I love the effort.

Flynn did not lie.

Is Flynn a free man?

Except that they altered the 302s. Oops. Except that the senile incompetent crooked Mule-er tried to destroy the texts from Page and Strzok’s phones. Oops. Of course you post nothing but shit and whatever your Dim masters say that day.

The wrote the damn 302 report. Of course they altered it. That’s what you do when you write a document.

I bet you didn’t know this stupid claim was already smacked down by the judge. Did you know that?

Poor baby. Not one thing you bleated matches reality. Barr made his decision based on Jensen’s findings you fucking idiot. Prosecutors who have NOT seen the evidence and conveniently ignore the pile of evidence exonerating Flynn. Mueller’s report? Toilet paper that’s showed how there was NOTHING there. The sham is Obozo. Who will be held accountable for his bullshit. Try again. Although debunking you is too easy.

Obama will never be held accountable, he has the shield of Blackability for Protection.

Forum List

Back