Hi There, Truth Team!

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Just in case any of my Progressive friends missed the latest propaganda and, also, just so my Conservative friends know what kind of BS is being spread

A lot of Americans are still confused about health care reform -- and that's not an accident: Our opponents have spent $400 million on anti-Obamacare ads that often mislead and spread myths about the law.

And the House of Representatives has now voted 40 times to try to dismantle the law.

It's really horrible watching people spend time and money trying to tear down something that is already helping more than 100 million people.

Thanks to Obamacare, we're looking at lower costs, better coverage, and more protection for consumers. This is usually when I start rattling off a list of benefits, but I'll spare you for now.
Damn!!

Where's my boots??
:eusa_boohoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
WellPoint’s 2nd quarter profit soars 24 pct; insurer details overhaul growth possibilities
By Associated Press, Published: July 24
INDIANAPOLIS — Shares of WellPoint Inc. hit an all-time high Wednesday, after the nation’s second-largest health insurer trounced second-quarter earnings expectations and detailed how it expects to benefit from the health care overhaul and other growth opportunities over the next few years.

The Indianapolis company’s stock had already climbed 44 percent so far this year as of Tuesday, as investors have grown more comfortable with both the insurer’s current performance and how the overhaul will affect it.

Humana posts 18% increase in profit
By Bruce Schreiner / Associated Press
Posted: July 31, 2013 - 3:00 pm ET

Humana said Wednesday its second-quarter profit rose by 18%, beating Wall Street forecasts, as the health insurer reported broad performance gains led by climbing enrollment in its Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plans.

The Louisville-based company also raised its 2013 earnings forecast, reflecting its better-than-expected performance in the three months that ended June 30. Humana said it now expects full-year earnings to range from $8.65 to $8.75 per share, up from its previous forecast of $8.40 to $8.60 per share. Analysts expect $8.57 per share, on average.

Health insurer Aetna's 2Q profit rises 17%
By Tom Murphy / Associated Press
Posted: July 30, 2013 - 5:30 pm ET

Aetna's second-quarter earnings jumped 17%, and the health insurer raised its 2013 forecast as it reaped revenue and enrollment gains from its acquisition of fellow insurer Coventry Health Care.

The Hartford, Conn., company said Tuesday that it earned $536 million, or $1.49 per share, in the three months that ended June 30. That's up from $457.6 million, or $1.32 per share, a year ago.

Adjusted earnings totaled $1.52 per share, excluding capital losses and one-time items such as costs tied to the Coventry deal.

Revenue climbed 31% to $11.56 billion, also excluding items like capital losses.

UnitedHealth Group Inc. : UnitedHealth second-quarter profit rises beyond expectations
07/18/2013 | 06:41am

(Reuters) - UnitedHealth Group Inc on Thursday reported a bigger-than-expected rise in second-quarter net income as it enrolled more people in private and government-paid health insurance plans and sold more health technology systems.

The company, the largest U.S. health insurer, reported net income of $1.44 billion (945.68 million pounds), or $1.40 per share, compared with $1.34 billion, or $1.27 per share, a year earlier.

The health insurance industry's suffering is most distressing!

Good grief, Greenbeard.
That's the (R)'s point.

This bill was for the benefit of insurance companies. The (D)'s just can't admit how deeply Obama sits in their pockets.

So if insurance companies are making profits, on whose back are they making them?
Policyholders, maybe?
Us?

Thanks

This is actually true if by Working, they mean ObamaCare is destroying private health insurance and softening the country up for Nationalized-Single Payer.

This the lie behind PPACA that, ironically, both side believe. The truth is it's converting health insurance companies into privately held, public utilities. It's actually a bailout for the insurance industry, creating a controlled market where customers are forced to buy their products.

Good grief, Greenbeard.
That's the (R)'s point.

This bill was for the benefit of insurance companies. The (D)'s just can't admit how deeply Obama sits in their pockets.

So if insurance companies are making profits, on whose back are they making them?
Policyholders, maybe?
Us?

Thanks

You know who else is going to lose here?

People who have invested in HI companies.
Not the big investors, they can absorb a loss.

The little Mom and Pop investors who have supplemented their 'SS' retirement benefits by purchasing HI stock.
If they don't get out of the market soon enough they will lose.

Good grief, Greenbeard.
That's the (R)'s point.

Policyholders, maybe?
Us?

Thanks

The little Mom and Pop investors who have supplemented their 'SS' retirement benefits by purchasing HI stock.

People who have invested in HI companies will be laughing all the way to the bank.

If I had had the liquidity to do so when the law was signed, I would have.

This bill [Obamacare] was for the benefit of insurance companies.

ObamaCare is destroying private health insurance and softening the country up for Nationalized-Single Payer.

Isn't it at least a little ironic to anyone else that Daveman thanked both of these contradictory posts?

ETA: Oh, and MeBelle too!

Bite me :D

We're mocking out a commercial.

In reality, if ACA continues the path laid out, it will benefit insurance companies (have you read about the huge tax breaks Jerry gave Blue X/Shield, etc?) at first.

In the next few years I see an implosion where either
a) we will go to a single payer source or
b) FUBAR

I have no answers.
I am heavily involved in the healthcare industry and I cannot find the words to describe the level of chaos that ACA has imposed here.

Good grief, Greenbeard.
That's the (R)'s point.

Policyholders, maybe?
Us?

Thanks

People who have invested in HI companies will be laughing all the way to the bank.

If I had had the liquidity to do so when the law was signed, I would have.

If they get out in time and I hope they do!

This bill [Obamacare] was for the benefit of insurance companies.

ObamaCare is destroying private health insurance and softening the country up for Nationalized-Single Payer.

Isn't it at least a little ironic to anyone else that Daveman thanked both of these contradictory posts?

In reality, if ACA continues the path laid out, it will benefit insurance companies (have you read about the huge tax breaks Jerry gave Blue X/Shield, etc?) at first.

b) FUBAR

I have no answers.
I am heavily involved in the healthcare industry and I cannot find the words to describe the level of chaos that ACA has imposed here.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fucking terrible piece of law. Absolutely awful, and accomplishs nothing in terms of the healthcare problem in this country.

But I don't think it's going to be as bad as you say. As much as I'd like single-payer, I don't see any possible way ACA could lead that way.

How do you see the ACA doing that much damage to the insurance industry?

b) FUBAR

I have no answers.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fucking terrible piece of law. Absolutely awful, and accomplishs nothing in terms of the healthcare problem in this country.

But I don't think it's going to be as bad as you say. As much as I'd like single-payer, I don't see any possible way ACA could lead that way.

Doc, I will get back to you on this, pinkie swear. It's wayyy past my bedtime and my thinker stopped working about 10 minutes ago. :eusa_angel:

b) FUBAR

I have no answers.

Trying to put this as simply as I can...

There is no guarantee against exchange rate increases in 2016.
With a stroke of the pen HHS can/may impose new 'rules' at any given moment. We have already seen this happen.

Beginning in 2018 a 40 % excise tax will be imposed on the value of health insurance benefits exceeding a certain threshold. The threshold is $27,500 for family coverage (indexed to inflation).

From Rabbi's link:
The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.

The conceit of the thread is that the cheapest bronze plan would cost a family of 5 $20,000/year in premiums. That was a lie, told by idiots to idiots. The point of looking up actual numbers is to expose the absurdity of that claim. The actual cheapest bronze plan for a family that large is actually less than $5,000, with families potentially being asked to pay substantially less than that.

That's not a recommendation that this family actually choose to buy catastrophic coverage, the point is that catastrophic coverage doesn't cost $20,000, as the more impressionable minds in the rightwing herd were led to believe.

Bronze is not a catastrophic plan.

I checked some numbers real quick.
For a real family of five that I know, the cheapest bronze plan would cost $26,980 before any benefits are paid out.

I then went to the cheapest platinum plan. Cost: $25,240.

Neither of those numbers come even close to what that family currently pays.

Dental not included.
Eye care not included.
Formularies not included.

The families 'health insurance' just doubled!

Let's not even talk about the number of Docs dropping MediCal patients.

These are 2014 numbers using Greenbeards 'tool'.
Get Covered | Covered California?

Using what we know and what we don't know, as of today, people who have employer based insurance very well could flood and crash the exchange market which in turn could/would force HI companies to leave the exchange, since they are no longer able to make profit, and force a one payer system.

Many HI companies have already opted out of selling individual policies and are only working through exchanges. They leave the exchange they go out of business.

Whether this happens sooner or later I don't know.
ACA rules are continuously shifting.
Like not having to verify people's eligibility for subsidies. When/How does this glitch get fixed and how are 'losses' recouped?

It's COMPLICATED!
:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back