Hi. Matt here

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
I was here several months ago but I’m back. What should I write about myself? Religiously, I’m an easy-going agnostic. Politically, I’m an independent moderate. I have a few select positions that reflect Republican conservatism. In other areas, I probably come across as a Democrat. All things considered (along with the degrees to which I value them) I am probably just left of the political center.

I’m a philosophic pragmatic relativist. I believe that there are very few, if any, absolutes – and in time, my opinion on the degree to which that comment is accurate might change. I believe that people should be taught critical thinking skills – not what to think but how to think. In the area of ethics, people should be encouraged to think for themselves – not blindly follow any old religious book or contemporary charismatic individual.

I understand that there is no perfect political talk-show host but I prefer Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann to Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity.

More later.

Last edited:
I was here several months ago but I’m back. What should I write about myself? Religiously, I’m an easy-going agnostic. Politically, I’m an independent moderate. I have a few select positions that reflect Republican conservatism. In other areas, I probably come across as a Democrat. All things considered (along with the degrees to which I value them) I am probably just left of the political center.

I’m a philosophic pragmatic relativist. I believe that there are very few, if any, absolutes – and in time, my opinion on the degree to which that comment is accurate might change. I believe that people should be taught critical thinking skills – not what to think but how to think. In the area of ethics, people should be encouraged to think for themselves – no blindly follow any old religious book or contemporary charismatic individual.

I understand that there is no perfect political talk-show host but I prefer Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann to Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity.

More later.

Welcome aboard (or back, that is). Love your signature.

Welcome (back) Matt.
I will say though, in my personal experience, most that classify themselves as independent moderate's generally are just right of leftist extremism.
I hope you prove to be the exception, we've got enough independent moderate extremists on this board. :)

Last edited:
we have soemthing in common,Im an atheist as well.dont know anything about Maddow or olberman but im glad we agree that Hannity and colmes suck.

Forum List

Back