Hi all, Senior in HS and trying to understand

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 18 and Life, Nov 1, 2016.

1. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,715
    You'll probably first learn that too many people don't have a clue, and yet have a vote. That they find it easy to be convinced by people who spout out lies, and mistrust the truth.

2. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,715
    Best idea for government is proportional representation. If you look at the 2000 farce of an election you'll see hundreds of thousands more people voted for Gore than Bush, but Bush won. Congress should be PR and the presidential election should scrap the electoral college and just go for a "winner gets the most votes" situation. This would change how the US works.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,753
    Welcome to USMB. You'll have to sift through a lot of trash to get to the valuable bits of information, be careful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist / Universalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,581
    Dear RWS all my ideas have come from listening to solutions critics insights and input of others From ALL Parties and taking the best and refining the flaws. So we keep doing this.

Let's start by assessing our networks and circle of influence. Are you near a school or business that interacts with the public. Which party district chairs are near you. What student groups or any Tea Party, Green or Libertarian groups have independent activists looking to galvanize grassroots ideas.

5. emilynghiem

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,581
    Good for you 18 and Life
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend in the hospital, I hope that the sitiation is going to be alright and getting better soon, people heal faster in a forgiving and uplifting environment so please set aside any negative thoughts energy and talk so your friend can heal faster, keep focusing on the positive and on recovering and forgive any fearful angry thoughts that otherwise slowdown healing and drag it out. Work that out later, but have everyone you know join in prayer and agreement for healing and uplifting for fastest recovery. The other issues can best be corrected when everyone is United and standing strong. So get well first, then you can take on what put your friend in the hospital. Focus on what unites and brings everyone up, not down and divided.

I'm more glad you like what you see here which means you get what's going on and can see the solutions through the problems that don't discourage you. This says a lot about you, so good for you!

As a side note, some other student asked a favor and needs a survey filled out for class. Can I ask if you'll contact Lewdog and find friends teachers students who will answer by email or PM ? The topic is on perception of police or abuse of power. I thought perhaps other students would be sympathetic in helping with a class project just to get answers turned in for the deadline. Can you help?

I encourage you to follow posts on any angle you find interesting, maybe start with one person here or there and just talk with them. Your interests and areas of strength will come out in the process which is a mutual benefit.

Thanks for being here, take care and sorry about your friend. Hope to hear more from you as we go, and thanks also if you can help Lewdog with that survey for class.

6. RWS

RWS Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +396
    Well, option one has now opened its window...

It's up to us to make it happen. Give it time. Let it grow. Be prepared for change. This is why we needed Trump...

We need a lot of people thinking hard about a new way of government. And the way things should roll, in a society like ours...Emily has some great ideas to start.

But needs to simplify them for the masses :)

7. emilynghiem

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,581
    Dear RWS one other independent citizen who likes the idea of organizing a separate system to govern social programs is jumping on board here soon.

So with three we have a conspiracy to defend equal civil rights instead of violate them!

I posted more replies with more descriptions in the thread by JimBowie1958 called ARGH!
    Can I please ask your help to edit that language into something simpler?

If you track my posts on that thread and the ones I addressed to JakeStarkey and C Clayton Jones
    Can you pick out which statements
    summarize the points the best?

They come out different when I talk with different people. Do you see anything there that is general enough to use? Thank you!

8. RWS

RWS Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +396
    I'm sorry Emily, while I'm very good at converting complex thoughts into simple ideas, I simply do not have the time on this forum to translate everything you're saying. :) And you definitely need to simplify those ideas into something the masses can understand.

First thing, if I'm gonna help you, let's group the ideas into the category they belong.

OK?

We need an external gov't that takes care of global matters.

We need an internal gov't that takes care of country-wide issues.

And we need our state govt's for stuff that the country doesn't understand based on your region.

And our local govt's to help people down to the city level.

Each one of those should be independently elected. Whatever parties they dream up, only affects that level of government. So a local government's candidates have no affiliation to any of the other candidates. I understand the need for a party system, to allow us to vote for a few people instead of millions. But there's no reason that party system has to apply to all levels of government.

Let's call it a rainbow government. With each spectrum, or color within, to have a political voice in some part of our government. This allows people to band together with ideas about certain issues, but not control every single issue that faces an American. Like the way it is now..

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. RWS

RWS Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +396
    Because anyone who professes to know everything about world matters and foreign politics, and war...cannot possibly know the internal workings of life where you live, and apply the same politics across the board. So they gather people around them that are affiliated to the same party to give their input.

Let the experts be the experts of their subject matter. Let's have independent experts leading us in each level of government. And they should not be people the president selects to be those experts, but people WE select to represent us at each level, independent of other policies.

That is the key thought. We need to dismantle the current party system, and put a more uncorruptible system in place, where we have many choices. We have to get rid of Dem/Rep, and give multiple options for each level of government, and opportunity for people to have the exposure necessary to run for a position, without already having sold out their soul to gather the millions/billions necessary nowadays to run for a high office.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  10. RWS

RWS Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +396
    We need a grass-roots transformation of the electoral system, allowing non-rich people to run for office, but still limit it so that there aren't 1 million people running for the same job.

That's what I find really hard to figure out.

How to get someone on the ballot and in public consideration, that isn't rich and hasn't sold out his/her soul to raise millions/billions to fund a campaign...

When we can answer that question, then we can move on to our progressive ideas. We need to figure that one out first, because once Trump fails, we'll be back to the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 1