hey, ted! lisa's the smart one- tailgunner says gop "the party of homer simpson*

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Ay caramba!

During a discussion about gun rights at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference Thursday, Sen. Ted Cruz said, "The Democrats are the party of Lisa Simpson and Republicans are happily the party of Homer, Bart, Maggie and Marge."

Ben Domenech, the publisher of The Federalist, said he knows the Texas Republican is a "big fan of The Simpsons and he brought up a debate between Homer Simpson and his oldest daughter Lisa from the show's "Cartridge Family" episode.

"Dad, the Second Amendment is just a remnant from revolutionary days," Lisa tells Homer after he says he has a constitutional right to own a gun.

"You couldn't be more wrong, Lisa," Homer replies. "If I didn't have this gun, the king of England could just walk in here anytime he wants and start shoving you around."

Ted Cruz: 'Democrats are the party of Lisa Simpson'

:rofl:

• Banned
Cruz's argument is not helped by the fact Homer is a horribly irresponsible gun owner. In the episode he:

• Threatens to shoot the gun store owner when informed there is a 5-day waiting period.
  • Points the gun at Marge's head.
  • Points the gun at his own head.
  • Shoots a basketball to get it off the roof.
  • Considers using it to rob a convenience store.
  • Hides the gun in the refrigerator where Bart finds it and begins to play with it.
  • Uses the gun to open a can of beer.
  • Uses the gun to turn on the TV.
  • Pulls his gun on a robber, only to have the assailant take it from him.
It is also notable that the left-leaning Lisa becomes president in a March 2000 episode, in which she succeeds President Trump, who left the country with "quite a budget crunch."

Ted Cruz: 'Democrats are the party of Lisa Simpson'

tff :laugh:

ted better stick to dr suess... satire is obviously way over his head!

• Thanks
Reactions: del
DWpRpZYW4AApyjz.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Ted Cruz does not understand 'The Simpsons'

“I think the Democrats are the party of Lisa Simpson and the Republicans are, happily, the party of Homer and Bart and Maggie and Marge,” Cruz said.

Wow. How embarrassing.

- the self-own to end all self-owns -

Anyone with any experience with the Simpson family knows that Lisa is the brains of the operation, desperately keeping her kooky, impulsive, often-completely unhinged family in check.

.@TheSimpsons The way things are going even Mr. Burns is thinking of becoming a Democrat.

— Al Jean (@AlJean) February 22, 2018

.@TheSimpsons Ted Cruz says Maggie Simpson would vote for him.
I think Ted's the one who could use a pacifier in his mouth.

— Al Jean (@AlJean) February 22, 2018

Several “Simpsons” writers also weighed in on the matter.

Bill Oakley did a character political affiliation breakdown on Twitter.

“So many things wrong with this:

1) Maggie = No way

2) Bart = Libertarian

3) Marge = Well known fan of Jimmy Carter and John Anderson

4) Homer = He may be Republican because the joke with Homer, as everyone knows, is that he is poorly informed and reactionary in the extreme,” Oakley tweeted.

So many things wrong with this:
1) Maggie = No way
2) Bart = Libertarian
3) Marge = Well known fan of Jimmy Carter and John Anderson
4) Homer = He may be Republican because the joke with Homer, as everyone knows, is that he is poorly-informed and reactionary in the extreme ana marie cox on Twitter

— Bill Oakley (@thatbilloakley) February 22, 2018

And yet The Simpsons stopped being funny the moment they made Lisa the most annoying social justice warrior in TV history. The Simpsons have degenerated into such an unfunny train wreck, I haven't watched it in over a dozen years.

And yet The Simpsons stopped being funny the moment they made Lisa the most annoying social justice warrior in TV history. The Simpsons have degenerated into such an unfunny train wreck, I haven't watched it in over a dozen years.

wow, i'm surprised they didn't take it off the air when they realized they'd lost the winger demo

of course, maybe metamucil and depends aren't sponsors

“I think the Democrats are the party of Lisa Simpson and the Republicans are, happily, the party of Homer and Bart and Maggie and Marge,” Cruz said.

Wow. How embarrassing.

Anyone with any experience with the Simpson family knows that Lisa is the brains of the operation, desperately keeping her kooky, impulsive, often-completely unhinged family in check.

She is also self righteous and is arrogant.

Wow. How embarrassing.

she's also fictional, dipshit

Wow. How embarrassing.

Art imitating life.

You had no problem when others praised her or used them to put down conservatives.
The minute something negative was said correctly about her you attack.

Last edited:
Art imitating life.

You had no problem when others praised her or used them to put down conservatives.

aww you poor baby snowflake...........

Wow. How embarrassing.

Art imitating life.

attack

lol

Wow. How embarrassing.

simpsons-donald-trump-first-hundred-days-short-twitter.jpg

Forum List

Back