Hey, I'm Viktyr

Mar 27, 2016
Laramie WY
My name is Viktyr Gehrig. I'm an aspiring novelist living in Laramie, WY; I mostly write urban kung fu fantasy, and I'm looking forward to bragging about being published soon.

Politically, I am a member of the United States Pirate Party and the founder and sole current member of the Wyoming Pirate Party. In addition to the Pirate values of privacy, liberty, and accountability, I am staunchly pro-gun and pro-choice and I consider myself a left-libertarian; I am moderately right-wing on issues of immigration and national security.

Religiously, I am a devout follower of Ásatrú, the reconstructionist faith in the old gods of Northern Europe; I worship my ancestors, the spirits of the land, and the Aesir and Vanir. My religious values shape my moral and political values on a fundamental level; Ásatrú ethics focus on respect, loyalty, and industry.

My other interests include martial arts and personal fitness, education, self-improvement, cooking, science fiction and fantasy media, and transhumanism.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Ho there. Here's luck and a fair wind to you. What do you here?

couple questions about your party

1. We stand for individuals over institutions. Universal human rights apply only to human beings, and not to corporations, limited liability organizations, or other group entities. are you aware that corporations are owned and operated by people?
  2. We stand for open culture. No one should have the power to prevent the free exchange and expression of ideas, tools, or works. Is this the open borders nonsense?
  3. We are egalitarian. We believe in equality and a level playing field. We accept input from all sources, and we value all people equally. By equal, do you mean making sure everyone succeeds or that the people that put for the most effort succeed?

are you aware that corporations are owned and operated by people?

Yes. Are you aware that they are legal fictions and that they are not subject to the same societal forces that govern human behavior?

Is this the open borders nonsense?

Nope. This is about intellectual property reform. The Pirate Party doesn't take an official stand on immigration, but if it did, I would probably oppose it.

By equal, do you mean making sure everyone succeeds or that the people that put for the most effort succeed?

Boy, you really know how to load a question, don't you? You seem to assume that the people who put in the most effort in today's society are the people who are most successful, and it simply ain't so. The Pirate Party is meritocratic; they believe people should be rewarded in proportion to the value of their contributions to society. When we say we are egalitarian, we believe that all human beings are alike in their human rights and their dignity, and that every human being should have the opportunity to succeed, the opportunity to be rewarded for their efforts, in a way that the pure free market does not allow.

We also believe that every human being is entitled to a minimum lifestyle, regardless of their market participation. Your basic necessities and the tools necessary to improve yourself should be provided to every human being; beyond that, every person should be free to work for what they want and be rewarded for the value they contribute.

Yes. Are you aware that they are legal fictions and that they are not subject to the same societal forces that govern human behavior?

Nope. This is about intellectual property reform. The Pirate Party doesn't take an official stand on immigration, but if it did, I would probably oppose it.

By equal, do you mean making sure everyone succeeds or that the people that put for the most effort succeed?

Boy, you really know how to load a question, don't you? You seem to assume that the people who put in the most effort in today's society are the people who are most successful, and it simply ain't so. The Pirate Party is meritocratic; they believe people should be rewarded in proportion to the value of their contributions to society. When we say we are egalitarian, we believe that all human beings are alike in their human rights and their dignity, and that every human being should have the opportunity to succeed, the opportunity to be rewarded for their efforts, in a way that the pure free market does not allow.

We also believe that every human being is entitled to a minimum lifestyle, regardless of their market participation. Your basic necessities and the tools necessary to improve yourself should be provided to every human being; beyond that, every person should be free to work for what they want and be rewarded for the value they contribute.
Are you aware that they are legal fictions and that they are not subject to the same societal forces that govern human behavior?
legal fictions is gibberish, since they are regulated and taxed far more than the average citizen.

It wasn't a loaded question, I wanted to know if this party would push someone ahead of me b/c it his turn, and it seems that it does.

sorry this reeks of 'fairness' policies that get people killed.

legal fictions is gibberish, since they are regulated and taxed far more than the average citizen.

So in your worldview, it's paying taxes that makes a human being a real person and gives them rights? I assume you're pro-choice, then.

It wasn't a loaded question, I wanted to know if this party would push someone ahead of me b/c it his turn, and it seems that it does.

I don't know how you got that from anything I've said.

Thanks, I thought the Pirate Party was the Tea Party after they pirated the Republican Party. Glad you clarified that.

Trans-humanism is where we attach a tube to our ass and use farts as an energy source..I just know it will work...

My name is Viktyr Gehrig. I'm an aspiring novelist living in Laramie, WY; I mostly write urban kung fu fantasy, and I'm looking forward to bragging about being published soon.

Politically, I am a member of the United States Pirate Party and the founder and sole current member of the Wyoming Pirate Party. In addition to the Pirate values of privacy, liberty, and accountability, I am staunchly pro-gun and pro-choice and I consider myself a left-libertarian; I am moderately right-wing on issues of immigration and national security.

Religiously, I am a devout follower of Ásatrú, the reconstructionist faith in the old gods of Northern Europe; I worship my ancestors, the spirits of the land, and the Aesir and Vanir. My religious values shape my moral and political values on a fundamental level; Ásatrú ethics focus on respect, loyalty, and industry.

My other interests include martial arts and personal fitness, education, self-improvement, cooking, science fiction and fantasy media, and transhumanism.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
:uhh: :welcome:

I got no rewards! Where are my rewards?
I tried to help however, but you cannot help most westerners. You can give one an good advice and he/she will reject it because he/she did not pay 350 bucks to the psychologist.
When there is no evident effort to create profit, they will distrust you and assume you are up to no good.
The society got rid of morals and ideologies, religions and ethics. All this has been replaced career resp. fear of unemployment. For most people, there is no other motivation anymore and there is no difference between work and spare time.

Forum List

Back