Hey, I just thought up a crazy idea. But it might improve race relations drasticly!

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
I think doing this would drasticly help race relations, if....

OK

Here it is: How about we Black folks just forgive America, or White folks ---about slavery?

Tell me what you think....

Ain't happening. Slavery is a final fall-back position most blacks aren't ready to give up.
Like I've said before, the Civil War never ended.

Won't work. Sorry, but you can't change the thinking of many Southern rednecks who don't like those folks who are different from them.

I mean, sure................the Blacks can forgive the country for slavery, but how will that change white racist attitudes towards them?

It won't.

OK

Here it is: How about we Black folks just forgive America, or White folks ---about slavery?

Were I you, I would try to get over constantly thinking about having relations with those of other races.

Won't work. Sorry, but you can't change the thinking of many Southern rednecks who don't like those folks who are different from them.

I mean, sure................the Blacks can forgive the country for slavery, but how will that change white racist attitudes towards them?

It won't.

^^^^^^^

Another white dude thinking for blacks. Aren't blacks tired of this shit?

It won't.
Its not about changing others attitudes about Blacks.

It is about changing the dialog to a more useful place. Also, and more importantly,it is about changing myself.

It won't.

Actually, the Southern rednecks as you call them don't seem to have as much trouble with the Black folks as you folks in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, and other northern Democratic run cities do. But that's none of my concern. The races seem to get along just fine here in Pensacola, Florida where I live. No riots, no protests, no cops being ambushed.

It won't.

I don't know any white racists.

I sure do know a lot of black racists.

Maybe ending racism would be a good thing? I mean, not for the democratic party obviously, but for America..

It won't.

^^^^^^^

Another white dude thinking for blacks. Aren't blacks tired of this shit?
In a way, didn't you?

Anyway, no. What do you think about it? You can phrase it as if you were talking for blacks, if you want to

It won't.

Actually, the Southern rednecks as you call them don't seem to have as much trouble with the Black folks as you folks in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, and other northern Democratic run cities do. But that's none of my concern. The races seem to get along just fine here in Pensacola, Florida where I live. No riots, no protests, no cops being ambushed.

Meridian MS, I was in PN "A" School for the U.S. Navy, and had a room mate who was black. Well, every other weekend we'd go to either a rock and roll place (one I picked), or a rap/disco joint (one LA picked). Well, one night we went to a place I'd picked called "Pott's Place" where they had a kick ass band. Both LA and I were wearing our uniforms (still early in A school), and I got in, but LA ended up having an axe handle block him from going in. I asked the bouncer why he couldn't come in, and was told that no "darkies" were allowed in a whites only club.

Millington TN, I was stationed there for 4 years, and for 2 years I lived in a place called Tipton County, which was one county up from Millington. Why? The rent was cheap. Guess what was on the sign announcing they'd crossed into Tipton county? That's right.........it told black people to not be in the county after dark.

There are also places like that here in Texas.

Yes, the African Americans can forgive the whites or America for slavery, but how is forgiving those who did that to their people going to change the attitudes of those who did it in the first place?

Sorry, but in this situation, it takes 2 to tango, and you've got to change the attitudes of BOTH.

Hey, don't worry ... Duh Donuld's got this.

14045807_1767297713540378_6121767768049349240_n.jpg

Ain't happening. Slavery is a final fall-back position most blacks aren't ready to give up.
Like I've said before, the Civil War never ended.

I was thinking this, but I realized that this was indicative of a major flaw in our thinking and identity.

Ours as in blacks. At least is subjective opinion, I keep thinking it through.

here's an even better idea: next time you feel the urge to riot and loot and pillage and set cars on fire and destroy entire neighborhoods, just don't. it's amazing how quickly and easily race relations improve when you stop believing in all the propaganda on tv because all it does is inspire you to get angry and spin that anger into an excuse to go out and steal a tv.

Actually, a better idea would be that if you feel the need to protest, review the tapes and YouTube videos of the Jena 6 protests.

They were peaceful, cleaned up after themselves (actually, left the town better than when they showed up) and got their point across.

No fights, no arrests, no bloodshed, and they still got their point across.

OK

YOU'RE BLACK?!
Yeah
Hell, I even went to an all black(elementary, middle highshool college/University) and yes I too had a black radical period, bought final call, ate bean pies and rioted during the Rodney King episode.

The last part was too much info.

I could suggest a pro black rap play list. But 'US' has been on repeat a lot lately.

Yep, even went around calling White folks devil--until a close friend of mine revealed she had one black parent and I was hurting.

here's an even better idea: next time you feel the urge to riot and loot and pillage and set cars on fire and destroy entire neighborhoods, just don't. it's amazing how quickly and easily race relations improve when you stop believing in all the propaganda on tv because all it does is inspire you to get angry and spin that anger into an excuse to go out and steal a tv.

I haven't rioted for a long long time. It is counterproductive.

It won't.

Meridian MS, I was in PN "A" School for the U.S. Navy, and had a room mate who was black. Well, every other weekend we'd go to either a rock and roll place (one I picked), or a rap/disco joint (one LA picked). Well, one night we went to a place I'd picked called "Pott's Place" where they had a kick ass band. Both LA and I were wearing our uniforms (still early in A school), and I got in, but LA ended up having an axe handle block him from going in. I asked the bouncer why he couldn't come in, and was told that no "darkies" were allowed in a whites only club.

Millington TN, I was stationed there for 4 years, and for 2 years I lived in a place called Tipton County, which was one county up from Millington. Why? The rent was cheap. Guess what was on the sign announcing they'd crossed into Tipton county? That's right.........it told black people to not be in the county after dark.

There are also places like that here in Texas.

Yes, the African Americans can forgive the whites or America for slavery, but how is forgiving those who did that to their people going to change the attitudes of those who did it in the first place?

Sorry, but in this situation, it takes 2 to tango, and you've got to change the attitudes of BOTH.

If there was a sign like that in the last 40 years, the media would have plastered all over the place and we would STILL be seeing memes about it everyday, all day, as though it was happening in real time.

Forum List

Back