Hey do you remember me

that makes no sense

It'd make sense if you spoke a type of Austrian.....
im from upper austria i dont know what type of austrian that is

Good for you. Take a road trip....

are you austrian? and where are you from? to me it sounded as if you are american who speaks broken german sorry

I'm from somewhere in the world. I won't say because on forums like this because of the innumerable trolls that will find out anything and then forever just insult.
Polish..... right? :D

im from upper austria i dont know what type of austrian that is

Good for you. Take a road trip....

are you austrian? and where are you from? to me it sounded as if you are american who speaks broken german sorry

I'm from somewhere in the world. I won't say because on forums like this because of the innumerable trolls that will find out anything and then forever just insult.
Polish..... right? :D

I haven't polished anything for years..... and I'm more left than right.

Willst du "ge" zu viele benutzen, ge?

that makes no sense

Austrian is a language?

Dang...

It's not a language, however it's often different to German German (even within Germany there are various sorts, as there are different sorts even within Austria).
It's called dialects, the same everywhere. Heck get a Southie, a New Yorker and someone from Bal'mer together and they'd have a hard time understanding one another. Toss in a Cajun into the mix and all communication bets are off....... :lol:

Willst du "ge" zu viele benutzen, ge?

that makes no sense

Austrian is a language?

Dang...

It's not a language, however it's often different to German German (even within Germany there are various sorts, as there are different sorts even within Austria).
It's called dialects, the same everywhere. Heck get a Southie, a New Yorker and someone from Bal'mer together and they'd have a hard time understanding one another. Toss in a Cajun into the mix and all communication bets are off....... :lol:

Dialects is also a political word. Ever heard of the language "Cantonese"? Well in China it's called "GuangDongHua" which translates as Canton Dialect. It's not a separate language, it's a dialect. In fact the Chinese have basically said there's only one language in China and it's Chinese and there are just many dialects.

You go to Shanghai/ZheJiang region and they speak Wu. Wu is not understood by people outside. In fact most people within the area don't understand people from a few valleys over, let alone each other. Wenzhou Hua is said to sound like Japanese, a person in Beijing will not know it's "Chinese".

One thing is having a hard time understanding each other. Another is not understanding at all. Where does the line between dialect and language happen?

Also, I didn't say "Austrian" because I believed there to be an Austrian language, however it was a useful way of saying what I wanted to say at the time.

that makes no sense

Austrian is a language?

Dang...

Dialects is also a political word. Ever heard of the language "Cantonese"? Well in China it's called "GuangDongHua" which translates as Canton Dialect. It's not a separate language, it's a dialect. In fact the Chinese have basically said there's only one language in China and it's Chinese and there are just many dialects.

You go to Shanghai/ZheJiang region and they speak Wu. Wu is not understood by people outside. In fact most people within the area don't understand people from a few valleys over, let alone each other. Wenzhou Hua is said to sound like Japanese, a person in Beijing will not know it's "Chinese".

One thing is having a hard time understanding each other. Another is not understanding at all. Where does the line between dialect and language happen?

Also, I didn't say "Austrian" because I believed there to be an Austrian language, however it was a useful way of saying what I wanted to say at the time.
Cajun is pretty much a different language as it's a mix French, Spanish, African and Native American with some English thrown in so it's not a true dialect.

Forum List

Back