Hey, Cons - Name a Dem Who Corresponds to Karl Rove. Betcha Can't Do It!

Gee, color me surprised that koolaiders think that 'it's the other side' that plays dirty. Y'all make the intelligent posters feel sorry for you.

Both sides do this shit. Rahm Emanuel is easily as devious as Rove. Are any of you ever going to be smart enough to recognize the shit on your own side? Anyone ever gonna realize that the 'mommy, he did it too' is not an excuse?

Idiots.
George didn't mean it, in fact, he wants to play the age old game of sudduction with you:

costanzanaked.jpg

No, I'm safe..... apparently, George doesn't find me physically attractive. I was devastated. Devastated. DEVASTATED, I tell ya. Because I really, really care what some old shit on an internet forum thinks.

Except I don't actually give a shit what some old shit on an internet forum thinks.

Difference between me and George.... I'm not shallow enough to judge someone one their looks. He's probably from California.... my fellow Californians are, to a large extend, a bunch of remarkably shallow fools.

No, I'm safe..... apparently, George doesn't find me physically attractive.

If that's a picture of you on your profile page, you are correct.

However, with a foul mouth and an attitude such as yours, it wouldn't matter how you looked - no man in his right mind would go near you.

Last edited:
No, I'm safe..... apparently, George doesn't find me physically attractive.

If that's a picture of you on your profile page, you are correct.

However, with a foul mouth and an attitude such as yours, it wouldn't matter how you looked - no man in his right mind would go near you.

George your also blind, most real men would be ecstatic to have a women with such strong convictions.....

This thread about Karl Rove (he got shouted down at a book signing) got me thinking about something. Check this out:

Both sides like to accuse the other side of doing the same thing they are being accused of doing. To a certain extent, that is true almost universally. But it isn't necessarily equal on both sides. In some areas, there is a huge disparity.

It is my observation that Republicans are generally much better at campaigning and in winning elections than are Democrats. I have heard it said that Republicans are very good at winning elections but not very good at governing. That latter business is not the topic of this thread , but the former part is. Republicans just seem to be much better at going for the throat and not giving up. Us Dems don't seem to like to go for the throat to begin with and as far as giving up is concerned, more often than not, we never even get started.

Which brings me around to Karl Rove. Rove is a master political strategist if you don't care about fairness, ethical principles or playing by the rules. He flat gets things done for the Republican party. But his methods are, shall we say, suspect? I'm not going to waste a lot of space being critical of Rove in the OP - there will be time for that later (heh, heh).

So here's my question for the cons: You like to claim Dems do it (whatever) as much as you do. OK. Name someone (anyone) on the Democratic side of the ledger, who corresponds to Karl Rove. Who do the Democrats have who, year after year, decade after decade (and that's the critical distinction), using all kinds of dirty tricks, enables the Dems to win elections and destroy opponents, as Rove does for the Republicans?

Naming someone who made the news on one occasion for doing something nasty won't cut it. I want someone who has hung in there for decades as "Mr. Dirty Tricks" for the Dems, as Rove has unquestionably done for the Republicans.

Gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines . . .

Begalla, Carville, Beckel... to name just a few.

Buzz off buckwheat.

This thread about Karl Rove (he got shouted down at a book signing) got me thinking about something. Check this out:

Both sides like to accuse the other side of doing the same thing they are being accused of doing. To a certain extent, that is true almost universally. But it isn't necessarily equal on both sides. In some areas, there is a huge disparity.

It is my observation that Republicans are generally much better at campaigning and in winning elections than are Democrats. I have heard it said that Republicans are very good at winning elections but not very good at governing. That latter business is not the topic of this thread , but the former part is. Republicans just seem to be much better at going for the throat and not giving up. Us Dems don't seem to like to go for the throat to begin with and as far as giving up is concerned, more often than not, we never even get started.

Which brings me around to Karl Rove. Rove is a master political strategist if you don't care about fairness, ethical principles or playing by the rules. He flat gets things done for the Republican party. But his methods are, shall we say, suspect? I'm not going to waste a lot of space being critical of Rove in the OP - there will be time for that later (heh, heh).

So here's my question for the cons: You like to claim Dems do it (whatever) as much as you do. OK. Name someone (anyone) on the Democratic side of the ledger, who corresponds to Karl Rove. Who do the Democrats have who, year after year, decade after decade (and that's the critical distinction), using all kinds of dirty tricks, enables the Dems to win elections and destroy opponents, as Rove does for the Republicans?

Naming someone who made the news on one occasion for doing something nasty won't cut it. I want someone who has hung in there for decades as "Mr. Dirty Tricks" for the Dems, as Rove has unquestionably done for the Republicans.

Buzz off buckwheat.

Great examples, Begalla & Carville, Carville looks like a snake.......Beckel is harmless

It is difficult for the left to understand, they always see their cup as half empty.....:eusa_boohoo:

Buzz off buckwheat.

Great examples, Begalla & Carville, Carville looks like a snake.......Beckel is harmless

It is difficult for the left to understand, they always see their cup as half empty.....:eusa_boohoo:

Looka, these guys do what they are paid to do... GET PEOPLE ELECTED. It's a dirty business. Carville is from my neck of the woods.. he can be one of the most vicious fuckers around... but that is why they hire him. Personally? That's just the nature of the beast and I accept that. Rove is no worse or better than any of them.

As for Beckel... I have heard him interviewed and he always comes off as a miserable, mean-spirited troll. Rove, to me, actually sounds like an ok guy. Who knows.

Last edited:
I really do think the Liberal nutters gave Karl Rove far too much credit. He became yet another one of their dreaded "Boogeymen." Liberal nutters are famous for creating "Boogeymen." Rove was pretty smart but he was hardly the "Evil Genius Boogeyman" Liberal nutters made him out to be. He made a lot of big mistakes along the way too. Now Rahm (Gollum) Emanuel on the other hand? That guy is truly as Evil as it gets. Assaulting Congress members in the shower? Yikes! Rahm Emanuel is as close as it gets to being considered the spawn of Satan. Hey just my opinion anyway.

Buzz off buckwheat.

Looka, these guys do what they are paid to do... GET PEOPLE ELECTED. It's a dirty business. Carville is from my neck of the woods.. he can be one of the most vicious fuckers around... but that is why they hire him. Personally? That's just the nature of the beast and I accept that. Rove is no worse or better than any of them.

As for Beckel... I have heard him interviewed and he always comes off as a miserable, mean-spirited troll. Rove, to me, actually sounds like an ok guy. Who knows.

I agree.....

"Hope and Change" - this was the greatest SALE of snake oil ever made!! You need look no farther than the Obama Inner Circle - Jarret, Plough, Axlereod, Emmanuel, et. al.....to find the snakes.

Buzz off buckwheat.

OK - I will give you Carville looks like a snake. And he is a political strategist, in addition to being a pundit. And he has been around for a long time. And he is a Dem.

But IS he a snake? Is he a dirty tricks guy? What has he done in the way of dirty tricks?

I find Carville annoying on a personal level. But he doesn't even come CLOSE to Karl Rove when it comes to dirty tricks.

I wonder if Dick Cheney was still healthy and in the news this thread would be about him, and not Karl Rove?

Dick Cheney is to Karl Rove, what Adolph Hitler was to a petty thief. Dick Cheney is the personification of evil. Much can (and should) be said about Dick Cheney, but not on this thread.

"Hope and Change" - this was the greatest SALE of snake oil ever made!! You need look no farther than the Obama Inner Circle - Jarret, Plough, Axlereod, Emmanuel, et. al.....to find the snakes.
Alinsky is the biggest snake of all on the left.

All he has going for his tactics is dishonesty.

Man there is no one more dark & creepy than Rahm "Gollum" Emanuel. Assaulting members of Congress in showers? No one can be more evil & creepy than that. Case closed on this one.

Carville gets my vote...just cause he's "snakey" looking. How the hell would I know what 'dirty tricks' he's accomplished in his hair raising (not his own, mind you) career.

OK - I think we can sum up here.

As I expected, none of you have come up with squat. Railing at Democrats in general doesn't cut it.

The closest anyone came were the few who mentioned Carville. Carville is similar to Rove only in that they have both been political strategists for their respective parties for a long time. End of similarity. As TXlonghorn notes - how the hell does he know what dirty tricks Carville has pulled? He doesn't because Carville hasn't.

You may not like Emmanuel - but don't compare him to Rove, because Emmanuel is a politician first and a strategist second, if at all.

I am proud to say that us Dems do not have anyone on our side that equates with that slimeball piece of drek over there on the right - Mr. Rove.

Last edited:
Karl Rove isn't shit.

The original Dirty Tricks guy was Rove's mentor, Lee Atwater.

But I'm gonna say that Dems are just as dirty as Reps in terms of strategists. They just don't get as famous about it. Politics is a dirty business, I should know - I am a political strategist.

Forum List

Back