Herr Fronkenschteen Is Dead

RIP Gene Wilder. I still watch The Producers every time it comes around, as well as Young Frankenstein. Blazing Saddles was excellent, too, until the PC Nazis ruined it for all time by their psychotic censorship and what the movie was sending up.

I saw every one of his movies, but he also did a very short TV series where he was a widowed small town play producer with a grown daughter, and he solved mysteries. Sort of a take-off on "Murder She Wrote". I really liked it even if I cannot remember the title. I hope Will is watching this thread. He'll know!

tv series?

He was in a movie named Murder in a Small Town that fits that description, not a series.

Series was called Something Wilder, ran 15 episodes

I saw every one of his movies, but he also did a very short TV series where he was a widowed small town play producer with a grown daughter, and he solved mysteries. Sort of a take-off on "Murder She Wrote". I really liked it even if I cannot remember the title. I hope Will is watching this thread. He'll know!

tv series?

He was in a movie named Murder in a Small Town that fits that description, not a series.

You're right, will, it was a movie. I recall now that I hoped it would become a series. It was "Murder In a Small Town". I wasn't great, but it was very good, and entertaining enough to remember all these years.

tv series?

You're right, will, it was a movie. I recall now that I hoped it would become a series. It was "Murder In a Small Town". I wasn't great, but it was very good, and entertaining enough to remember all these years.

You're right, will,

of course

14199744_1225237110868752_6607218694681727581_n.jpg

Just saw :( :( One of my most favorite actors :(

What do you think of the movie, High Anxiety? I know Gene was not in it, but it is a Mel Brooks' flick.

Madeline Kahn was one of my favorite actresses when I was a teen.

I haven't seen that one - do you recommend it? I loved Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein :)

What do you think of the movie, High Anxiety? I know Gene was not in it, but it is a Mel Brooks' flick.

Sad really
Marty Feldman
Madeline Kahn
Cleavon Little....even Mongo Alex Karras all died young

Dom Deluise, Peter Boyle, now Gene Wilder

Good to see Mel Brooks still hanging in there

Last edited:

Sad really
Marty Feldman
Madeline Kahn
Cleavon Little....even Mongo Alex Karras all died young

Dom Deluise, Peter Boyle, now Gene Wilder

Good to see Mel Brooks still hanging in there

He just turned 90

From what I just read on IMDB, he can do Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein sequels, with the original casts, as soon as he gets there

Gene Wilder was the one that came up with the idea for Young Frankenstein. It was his story and he and Mel Brooks wrote the screenplay together. Some of the ad libs by the actors that were kept in the film, when Cloris Leachman is offering the 'warm milk' she added 'Ovaltine!'. Hilarious and they used it. Marty Feldman during filming of various scenes moves the hump on his back from one side to the other (without telling anyone) and it took quite a while for anyone to notice. They decided to keep it in as a running gag and actually wrote the dialogue where Wilder asks him "wasn't that on the other side?".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back