Hero Uber driver who stopped an active mass shooter during the shooting gets his gun back

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep...another case that the gun grabbers say never happens...this Uber driver stopped a guy during a mass shooting....

Police in Chicago Give Hero his Gun Back - The Truth About Guns

On April 17th, John Hendricks reacted quickly and accurately to stop a mass shooting, likely saving numerous lives. Hendricks was exercising his Constitutional rights in Chicago, a town where they had been suppressed for generations. He was taking a break from accepting Uber fares when he saw a man rack a slide on a pistol across the street . . .

That’s when the man began firing at a group near him. Hendricks acted quickly and precisely. He fired about six rounds, hitting the attacker three times, a more accurate result than in most police-involved shootings.

Hendricks made the tactically correct decision to leave the area once the threat was down. He returned to give an account to the police on the scene.

From buzzpo.com:

Hendricks returned to the scene when police arrived and held his arms in the air, concealed carry and firearm owner identification cards in hand.

He said it was a common-sense approach after what had transpired.

“A shooting just happened,” Hendricks said. “I’m the one that called, and I’m the shooter.”

“At the time, I remembered I still had my firearm on me,” he recalled. “I let them know that my firearm’s on my right side.”

The police took Hendricks’ gun, which is common in self-defense situations. I have often taught concealed carry students to expect their gun to be impounded by the police while they sort things out.

The man is not a SEAL, a SWAT member, or James Bond.....and he stopped an active mass shooter...gee........I wonder why this doesn't count....prepare for the gun grabbers to move the goal post on the stopping of a mass shooting in 3......2......1.....

Its not easy to hit a man sized target from that distance under duress.

Good for him.

Liberals, response?

The police took Hendricks’ gun, which is common in self-defense situations. I have often taught concealed carry students to expect their gun to be impounded by the police while they sort things out.

That's why I carry the Glock... It's a decent piece, works fine, but its nothing special and easy to replace. A long way from my baby... Siggy. No one's takin' her from me.

Yep...another case that the gun grabbers say never happens...this Uber driver stopped a guy during a mass shooting....

Police in Chicago Give Hero his Gun Back - The Truth About Guns

On April 17th, John Hendricks reacted quickly and accurately to stop a mass shooting, likely saving numerous lives. Hendricks was exercising his Constitutional rights in Chicago, a town where they had been suppressed for generations. He was taking a break from accepting Uber fares when he saw a man rack a slide on a pistol across the street . . .

That’s when the man began firing at a group near him. Hendricks acted quickly and precisely. He fired about six rounds, hitting the attacker three times, a more accurate result than in most police-involved shootings.

Hendricks made the tactically correct decision to leave the area once the threat was down. He returned to give an account to the police on the scene.

From buzzpo.com:

Hendricks returned to the scene when police arrived and held his arms in the air, concealed carry and firearm owner identification cards in hand.

He said it was a common-sense approach after what had transpired.

“A shooting just happened,” Hendricks said. “I’m the one that called, and I’m the shooter.”

“At the time, I remembered I still had my firearm on me,” he recalled. “I let them know that my firearm’s on my right side.”

The man is not a SEAL, a SWAT member, or James Bond.....and he stopped an active mass shooter...gee........I wonder why this doesn't count....prepare for the gun grabbers to move the goal post on the stopping of a mass shooting in 3......2......1.....

Dude... none of the clowns are coming to this thread. It's an axiomatic refutation... and subjectivism can't take that.

That's why I carry the Glock... It's a decent piece, works fine, but its nothing special and easy to replace. A long way from my baby... Siggy. No one's takin' her from me.

If you don't mind...which Sig do you have? I have been looking at them...and may take the leap even at that price....what do you think?

I shot my instructors Kimber custom. You couldn't even feel the trigger it was so smooth and it had no recoil at .45 caliber. I was putting bullets through the same hole at 15 yards. OMG that thing was nice.

I shot my instructors Kimber custom. You couldn't even feel the trigger it was so smooth and it had no recoil at .45 caliber. I was putting bullets through the same hole at 15 yards. OMG that thing was nice.

The FNX.45 shoots the same way.
Softest shooting .45 I've ever shot by far.
upload_2015-12-5_21-26-22.png

Forum List

Back