Herman Cain

Poor Cain, you can tell he is a media rookie and it has hurt him.

I think he is a good guy but it doesn't look like this election is his time. If he brushes up on some things and gets better with the media he could do well in 2016 depending on how 2012 goes.

I think he is a good guy but it doesn't look like this election is his time. If he brushes up on some things and gets better with the media he could do well in 2016 depending on how 2012 goes.

Good point.
For those of us that are in the business world where you have to make a profit, the political game of kiss the media's ass is often hard to adjust to.
Many years ago I was working for an attorney in south Georgia. His father was up for re-election and I was assigned for 2 weeks to drive him everywhere. Thursday and Fridays were reserved half days each for media.
"I done kissed about as much media ass as any man can stand" was heard on more than one occasion.

Good point.
For those of us that are in the business world where you have to make a profit, the political game of kiss the media's ass is often hard to adjust to.
Many years ago I was working for an attorney in south Georgia. His father was up for re-election and I was assigned for 2 weeks to drive him everywhere. Thursday and Fridays were reserved half days each for media.
"I done kissed about as much media ass as any man can stand" was heard on more than one occasion.

I would be very happy if he won the nomination and I would vote for him and actively support him if he did. I really like him. I just understand the reality right now :(.

Score! Touchdown! Spike da ball, game, set match.. :lol:

Education ≠ Intelligence

Mark Twain, one of the greatest American writers ever, had no formal education ever, and many consider him to be one of the most intelligent Americans ever.

Also, I don't dislike Cain because I think he's unintelligent; I dislike him because I think he's an evil, greedy scumbag (like the large majority of the right these days).

The "majority on the right?"
So, you're OK with John Kerry? Nancy Pelosi? Charlie Rangel? Barbra Boxer? Henry Waxman? Other leftist elitists?

I'd rather have an elitist than somebody who doesn't look at the news.

You do know that Herman Cain actually worked as a rocket scientist, don't you?

He has degrees in Math and Computer Science, and used to work for the Navy designing guidance systems for ballistic missiles.

Herman Cain may be a lot of things, but dumb isn't one of them. He's smart; real smart; like rocket scientist smart.

Education ≠ Intelligence

Mark Twain, one of the greatest American writers ever, had no formal education ever, and many consider him to be one of the most intelligent Americans ever.

Also, I don't dislike Cain because I think he's unintelligent; I dislike him because I think he's an evil, greedy scumbag (like the large majority of the right these days).

Herman Cain started out started out in computers. Working for the Navy, then moving to Coca-Cola, and eventually working his way up to VP of data processing for Pillsbury. This is the top of the IT ladder--being in charge of IT for a major corporation. And he did it before age 35.

So he switched careers and went into the restaurant business. Eventually working his way up to CEO of a major restaurant chain, and then becoming an owner of that same restaurant chain. Again, he had worked his way to the top of a second industry.

So he switched careers again and went into banking, working for the Federal Reserve system. He eventually became chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. OK, this isn't the top-top job in banking, but it's just one step below the top (Fed chairman).

Herman Cain has worked himself to the top rungs of three different industries: information systems, restaurants, and banking. Just one of those would be the accomplishment of a lifetime for anyone else--he's done it three times!

You're right, Herman Cain is educated. But you're wrong to question his intelligence. You don't have that kind of career, where you soar to the top of three unrelated industries, unless you have an elite, off the charts intellect.

And this is not even his full resume. He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association, has written several books (and no, they weren't ghost written), and is an officially ordained Baptist minister.

Education ≠ Intelligence

Herman Cain started out started out in computers. Working for the Navy, then moving to Coca-Cola, and eventually working his way up to VP of data processing for Pillsbury. This is the top of the IT ladder--being in charge of IT for a major corporation. And he did it before age 35.

So he switched careers and went into the restaurant business. Eventually working his way up to CEO of a major restaurant chain, and then becoming an owner of that same restaurant chain. Again, he had worked his way to the top of a second industry.

So he switched careers again and went into banking, working for the Federal Reserve system. He eventually became chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. OK, this isn't the top-top job in banking, but it's just one step below the top (Fed chairman).

Herman Cain has worked himself to the top rungs of three different industries: information systems, restaurants, and banking. Just one of those would be the accomplishment of a lifetime for anyone else--he's done it three times!

You're right, Herman Cain is educated. But you're wrong to question his intelligence. You don't have that kind of career, where you soar to the top of three unrelated industries, unless you have an elite, off the charts intellect.

And this is not even his full resume. He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association, has written several books (and no, they weren't ghost written), and is an officially ordained Baptist minister.

I think you missed the point of my post. I could give a damn about how supposedly intelligent he is. Intelligent people are a dime a dozen in the US. I dislike him because I think he is a fundamentally bad person.

Forum List

Back