What do you consider the owners of business to be?

What do you consider Business leaders to be?

• Patriots

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Traitors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extortionists

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
Businesses big and small are owned and operated by American citizens. These citizens live here in the USA. These businesses are outsourcing jobs, and moving manufacturing overseas in the desire to make more profit than they are currently making. In doing so they are hurting the American economy and it's people. They claim that it's good business to make maximum profit and they can only do so somewhere else other than the US. They then tell us that in order for them to stay we have to kiss their ass and give them what they need to make more profits than they are making now.

Would you consider them patriots for wanting to make maximum profits at the expense of their fellow citizens, achieving the American Dream for themselves?

Would you consider them traitors for turning their backs on the US and running overseas?

Would you consider them extortionists for using the economy as a weapon to get what they want, which is uberprofits?

What would you consider them to be?

When an entrepreneur puts everything he has on the line to launch a business in an effort to make profit, do you really expect him to run expenses higher than he needs to? Do you have any fucking clue how difficult it is start and run a successful business?

I founded my business in a state that has no personal income tax. Am I a traitor because I don't give my money to a state with high taxes?

Businesses big and small are owned and operated by American citizens. These citizens live here in the USA. These businesses are outsourcing jobs, and moving manufacturing overseas in the desire to make more profit than they are currently making. In doing so they are hurting the American economy and it's people. They claim that it's good business to make maximum profit and they can only do so somewhere else other than the US. They then tell us that in order for them to stay we have to kiss their ass and give them what they need to make more profits than they are making now.

Would you consider them patriots for wanting to make maximum profits at the expense of their fellow citizens, achieving the American Dream for themselves?

Would you consider them traitors for turning their backs on the US and running overseas?

Would you consider them extortionists for using the economy as a weapon to get what they want, which is uberprofits?

Your question is replete with anti-business bias.
Facts....60% of all American workers are employed by small business. These jobs cannot be outsourced. Large retailers are in the same boat. Outsourcing is impossible.
That accounts for nearly 80% of all American workers.
Most of these so-called "outsourced" jobs are jobs outsourced to domestic companies.
"Offshored" jobs are mostly entry level call center type work which is low paying.
Next time you want to run a poll, try asking neutral question and allow the respondents to decide.

I considerthem job creators and tax payers. You would do well to make them welcome in the USA and not tax them into China.. It's up to you.

Small business owners are definitely patriots. I used to be one (small business owner, that is).
I can't speak for a faceless corporation with an entrenched bureaucracy that answers to shareholders and passes the buck between upper level management to avoid accountability when they become economic 'zombies'. Haven't had that experience.
I weighed the investment risk against expected outcomes and hoped the rules and regulations on my playing field were not changed and took a leap of faith in our system that it would not happen. That act of faith alone, dear reader, is a patriotic one.

Why Small Businesses Fail: Top 7 Reasons Startups Fail And How To Avoid Failure

These are some reasons small businesses fail, none of them have to do with taxes, or government policies. I live in a small town and all the small businesses do not employ the ammount of employees that our WalMart, KMart, and Meijers employ. Then you have the conglomerates which make up alot of small businesses. Here we have two or three people who own multiple small businesses what is the catagory they fall into? One owner who owns multiple businesses is not a small business.

These are some reasons small businesses fail, none of them have to do with taxes, or government policies. I live in a small town and all the small businesses do not employ the ammount of employees that our WalMart, KMart, and Meijers employ. Then you have the conglomerates which make up alot of small businesses. Here we have two or three people who own multiple small businesses what is the catagory they fall into? One owner who owns multiple businesses is not a small business.

He is an owner of several small businesses. He is still a small business owner. He sure ain't a large corporation and shouldn't be.

My business did not fail, but had to sell it after four years because my partner was a big-mouthed 'loose-cannon' who couldn't keep his pecker in his pants (similar to Weiner). That equated to poor mangement in the public eye. It was a smaller town where word gets around.
Light years away from being a public servant in a metro area like Washington, D.C., who might literally get away with involuntary manslaughter like Ted Kennedy.

I'm not sure that I would say they've gone far enough to be labeled "Traitors" as of yet, but they most definitely are not very Patriotic. We've allowed foreign companies with no real ties to this country to become major players here and purchase utility companies and other essential businesses without requiring them to have any real connection to this country. We've allowed domestic businesses to outsource jobs, manufacturing, etc... without paying any price for that as well.

We need to start forcing these companies to be much more America-centric or to get out of the United States (including our markets) entirely. If GM wants to build cars in Mexico or Canada with Japanese parts then they can sell them in Japan, Mexico, and Canada NOT the United States.

Pissed cause yer a failure, huh?

No, you would think I would be pissed because I have to work two jobs, but I'm not. You would think I would be pissed for having to work up to 50-60 hours a week, but I'm not. You would think that I would really be pissed as I watch the health care benefits for my wife disappear faster the more I work, this I'm slightly pissed at. You would think that I would be pissed that all luxury items and free time I had have disappeared and replaced with uncertainty, and cut backs, and I am a little pissed about that.

This is what pisses me off. Listening to people like you telling me to quit my whining, while you look at the wealthy and give them a tissue and console them. That is what pisses me off. When you sympathize with people who whine and cry about how they lost money in the stock market, but yet have no compassion for those who bust their ass every fucking day, all day and don't have money in the market. When you go out of your way to make up rules for those stranded on the tarmac, yet you don't seem to give two shits about the guy struggling to make ends meet, we don't have the luxury of flying for business or pleasure. You are real quick to dismiss us, yet you seem to be very sympathetic to those, who compared to people like me(the working poor), are very well off. You lump us into the same catagory as those who won't work, yet we work two to three jobs at times. You don't realize that there are two types of broke in this country, when I have a set back, and am broke, bills get paid late, when they have a set back and are broke, they don't get to go on two vacations, and must settle for one. Yet when it comes to taxes and who gets help and who doesn't we (the working poor) take it in the ass from all sides. We make too much for assistance, yet not enough to qualify for any break what so ever on our taxes. Thing have changed a lot since some of you were in the work force, and I think some of you guys have forgotten where you yourself have come from. It was alot easier back in the day to grasp the American dream, today it has become almost unreachable for some. But I wouldn't expect those of you who only deal in idealism to understand.

Last edited:
On top of all that you think we are out to get something for nothing and you couldn't be more wrong. All we want is for you to quit making things harder on us than they already are. Everytime a program is funded or cut the line for ending such programs is right over us and we qualify for neither assistance nor perks.

Why do the DC whores still give tax breaks to move jobs overseas? ANS: contributions

How do politicians get major companies to manufacture in the US? ANS: they don't

How can the unemployment rate get lower with higher energy and labor costs? ANS: It won't

Forum List

Back