Herman Cain pushes progressive fairtax trap during Republican Presidential Debate

Understand I don't hate Cain, I said I think he would make a great VP because of how aggressive he seems.

I'm not really sure what you mean. I watched the debate last week and I didn't find him the least bit aggressive at all. Personally, I think the GOP needs an aggressive candidate who isn't afraid to make it known high and low how bad Obama's policies are.

ALL five were agressive regarding OBAMA and where Obama has led us...that is certain...

...lawl unconstitutional?

You are correct in that it would violate the founder's intended rule requiring and apportionment of any general tax laid among the States!

Regards,

JWK

Are we really to believe the founder of fairtax.org., Leo E. Linbeck Jr. and Herman Cain, both former ringleaders of the federal reserve banking cartel which plunders our national treasury?

Yes. Think about it.
No yearly Federal tax forms to fill out or having to pay them. No IRS
Having a full pay check each time you get paid. Nothing like SSI or Medicare taken out.
Corporations would have to pay their fair share - like GE they would have to pay sales tax on the products the assemble like light bulbs. They would pay sales tax on all the metal, electrical component's and glass. Instead of us the consumer.
The rich would pay their fair share. They are ones that buy the really expensive things like yachts and million dollar mansions.
It would cut back big time on lobbyists trying to get tax breaks.
The poor would get compensation to off set the expense.
Sounds good to me.

You are correct about no yearly Federal tax forms to fill out. Under H.R. 25, fairtax returns are required to be filed 12 times a year for Mary and Joe Sixpack as I described them above.

As to “No IRS”, again you are correct but under H.R. 25 two new tax collecting agencies will be created, the Excise Tax Bureau and the Sales tax Bureau, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms will also be collecting taxes!

In regard to GE paying a sales tax, I think you need to study the text of H.R.25. In regard to the “rich would pay their fair share”, your definition of fair share is far different than our founding fathers definition and the fair share formula which is written into our Constitution which works out to be an equal per capita tax.

And if you think it would cut the lobbyists, consider that Congress’ power to lay and collect taxes calculated from profits, gains, salaries and other incomes is not withdrawn from Congress authority to lay such taxes.

As to the poor getting compensation to off set the expense, keep in mind under H.R. 25 the monthly family consumption entitlement would be sent to those on the public dole and not gainfully employed, which is rewarding them on a montly basis for their laziness, and their check would be financed from our productive members of society.

JWK

If we can make the majority of America’s families dependent upon a federal government check, [the alleged fair tax’s family consumption entitlement] we can then bribe them for their vote, keep ourselves in power and keep the remaining portion of America’s productive population enslaved to pay the bills ___Our Washington Establishment’s Marxist game plan, a plan to establish a federal plantation and redistribute the bread which America’s labor and business has produced.

johnwk has it wrong. While others are pushing a progressive fair tax, Herman Cain is not.
Herman Cain is for a National fair sales tax. It does away with IRS completely.
HR 25 is different that what Herman Cain is proposing.
Under Herman Cain's proposal;
Corporations would not pay that sales tax but it would be passed on the consumer like now, through the product, but the tax would be 23% rather than the 35% we the consumers are paying now.
Corporations would be paying taxes with the sales of stocks and bonds and they would not have any tax write offs like they do now.
The poor would receive compensation to off set the tax.

Last edited:
The funny thing is the left preaches fairness, equality, etc...but when something truly equal and fair comes along they shun it. Can someone explain this?

It wasn't thier idea.

If it was, they would be all for it and more than a few on the right would be against it.

It's mostly politicians that are against it and the followers that lack free thought. If we could convice one dem pol to take the time to honestly look at it, he might support it, if we could figure out a way to give him credit for it.

We need to stop playing word games in these political debates.

Attaching a word like "fair" as an ajective to the noun taxes leaves one a whole lotta wriggleroom to mean pretty much whatever one wants the phrase to mean.

"Fair", much like beauty, is entirely in the eye of the beholder.

fair

1    /fɛər/ Show Spelled [fair] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, adverb, -er, -est, noun, verb
–adjective 1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.

2. legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight.

3. moderately large; ample: a fair income.

source

Using the word fair in this case is nothing but propagandistic nonsense.

It doesn't describe anything but the authors personal view of it.

Anything that does away with some of the lobbying power and corruption in Washington means fair to me.
A sales tax would do this.

johnwk has it wrong. While others are pushing a progressive fair tax, Herman Cain is not.
Herman Cain is for a National fair sales tax. It does away with IRS completely.
HR 25 is different that what Herman Cain is proposing.

No. I do not have it wrong. Herman Cain has been promoting the “fairtax”, H.R. 25, for years!

JWK

The bill by Rob Wood all HR 25 does not get rid of the IRS.
It repeals certain taxes but it does not get rid of the IRS Department
Herman Cain wants to get rid of the Department.
Besides - HR 25 will not be passed . The Dems won't pass it in the Senate.

Forum List

Back