Herman Cain Plays the Race Card Against Barack Obama

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Herman Cain Plays the Race Card Against Barack Obama - BV Black Spin

It appears that Herman Cain, who is expected to be a black presidential candidate, has the race card locked and loaded for his sprint toward the White House. Recently, Cain was asked about race during a New Hampshire campaign speech. When asked about this controversial topic, Cain had this to say:

"Now people are over this first black president thing," he said. "But there are some people who will say, 'I'm not going to vote for another black guy because this one didn't work out. And my response is, 'Well, what about those 43 white guys you put in there? How did they work out? Don't condemn me because the first black one was bad."

is it me or is it true that some of these Black Repugs are more concerned about saying things that they think the 90% of their party wants to hear instead of making an appeal to the American people who are the ones that have to elect them? This dude has no chance, his own party won't even let him get that far, he's for nothing more than being an anti-Obama attack dog that sits in the lap of the 90% of his party he's trying to please.

Hey, I actually liked what he said. He was being honest.

I thought I would be hesitant to vote for another 'Black' President. However, after hearing/reading what Cain said I may consider voting for him if I like what he is about, who knows. I need to do a bit more research on him before being sure.

Besides, what he said is true. Just because one person acts one way don't mean the next one that has something in common will do the same. Think about it, should everyone look at you badly because of something your father, brother, friend, or anyone else has done? Or should we take you for you and not let what others do dictate what we think about you?

Seems to me, your assumption about him is clouded by your bias to the party he is in.

like it or not, the first black in a 'special situation or position' should be overqualified and of outstanding character. Mendala in South Africa was great, the next guys not so much.

It appears that Herman Cain, who is expected to be a black presidential candidate, has the race card locked and loaded for his sprint toward the White House. Recently, Cain was asked about race during a New Hampshire campaign speech. When asked about this controversial topic, Cain had this to say:

"Now people are over this first black president thing," he said. "But there are some people who will say, 'I'm not going to vote for another black guy because this one didn't work out. And my response is, 'Well, what about those 43 white guys you put in there? How did they work out? Don't condemn me because the first black one was bad."

is it me or is it true that some of these Black Repugs are more concerned about saying things that they think the 90% of their party wants to hear instead of making an appeal to the American people who are the ones that have to elect them? This dude has no chance, his own party won't even let him get that far, he's for nothing more than being an anti-Obama attack dog that sits in the lap of the 90% of his party he's trying to please.

it's you.

it's you.

So, it's not just me that thinks so.... good to know.

Seems to me like an intelligent response by Cain.

The former community agitator is a bust, plain and simple.

And if Cain enters any primaries it will be up to the voters to decide, not party bigwigs.

Forum List

Back