Here's some proof

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
First a picture of Ben scoring his TD. Keep in mind that the players have even hit one another yet so he actually goes forward just a few more inches.

bentdcap.jpg

Whatever, Jim, you know as well as I do that the Steelers paid off the camera crews to digitally make that endzone bigger. Take off the helmet and see the truth. :tinfoil:

jimnyc said:
And here's irrefutable proof of the pass interference in the end zone. Shit, Hope actually has to move back with both feet to keep his balance!

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/pushoff.mov

Not even CLOSE. The defender initiated the contact, he grabs Jackson with two arms. Jackson puts out his one, skinny arm and the guy hops back. At MOST you've shown the case for TWO flags, offsetting.

I'm tellin' ya - there are worse 'interference' calls happening on just about EVERY play. Why they picked THAT moment for the Referee - Who is from PA, btw - to call that a penalty is beyond comprehension.

dmp said:
Not even CLOSE. The defender initiated the contact, he grabs Jackson with two arms. Jackson puts out his one, skinny arm and the guy hops back. At MOST you've shown the case for TWO flags, offsetting.

I'm tellin' ya - there are worse 'interference' calls happening on just about EVERY play. Why they picked THAT moment for the Referee - Who is from PA, btw - to call that a penalty is beyond comprehension.

The DB clearly outstretches his arm until his elbow locks. However hard he may have pushed off the receiver doesn't matter, ANY pushoff is PI.

The Ref was from Pittsburgh. do you think he's involved in the conspiracy?

jimnyc said:
And here's irrefutable proof of the pass interference in the end zone. Shit, Hope actually has to move back with both feet to keep his balance!

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/pushoff.mov

What your little video did not show (rather let one hear) was how both John Madden and Al Michaels went on to comment how that was a "ticky-tacky" call...

Additionally, I don't see the ball crossing the plane in your picture posted above either...

jimnyc said:
The DB clearly outstretches his arm until his elbow locks. However hard he may have pushed off the receiver doesn't matter, ANY pushoff is PI.

Then it's PI on BOTH players. Even that would be a pissant-call by a ref - Jackson had broken off his route, and both were jockying for position. That happens on MOST Plays - week 8 last season that never gets called.

The Ref was from Pittsburgh. do you think he's involved in the conspiracy?

What conspiracy? I don't believe there exists a conspiracy - but it's about the NFL should take steps to avoid even the APPEARENCE of impropriety.

-Cp said:
What your little video did not show (rather let one hear) was how both John Madden and Al Michaels went on to comment how that was a "ticky-tacky" call...

In that case, it definitely shouldn't have been called. After all, if the commentators thought it was "ticky-tacky" then what the players/refs do doesn't matter. :(

dmp said:
What conspiracy? I don't believe there exists a conspiracy - but it's about the NFL should take steps to avoid even the APPEARENCE of impropriety.

So a referee who has earned the right to officiate in the SB shouldn't be allowed to because he's from Pittsburgh?

jimnyc said:
So a referee who has earned the right to officiate in the SB shouldn't be allowed to because he's from Pittsburgh?

Yeah. I'm saying perhaps the NFL wants to take a look at the even a HINT of the possibily of impropriety and make it policy to 'not' allow Referees from the hometowns of the teams playing.

I dunno what if anything that would fix, but it's worth considering.

That ball was not catchable by the steeler defender. That wouldnt even get called for a foul in the NBA :D

My favorite BS call though was the 15 yard penalty against the SEA QB for making a TACKLE on the guy that intercepted his pass for a personal foul or some shit. That was a disgracefull call.

dmp said:
Yeah. I'm saying perhaps the NFL wants to take a look at the even a HINT of the possibily of impropriety and make it policy to 'not' allow Referees from the hometowns of the teams playing.

All major sports in the U.S. and around the world do the same thing.

They do it - not because they are afraid someone will be biased - but because in case there is a controversy, no one can say..."Well, he is from _____. No wonder."

dmp said:

Okay, what about the ones that may hold a grudge against another city?
A can of worms that shouldn't be opened, least you find yourself without a Ref.

21-10

Forum List

Back