Here’s Proof That the Modern Day GOP Built Itself on Racism

the liberal LIE of the Southern Strategy.

Actually it was articulated by Republicans, who I already quoted. Three of them, in high strategic places.

You chose to go :lalala:

Oh well.

Their words do not trump the historical reality of Nixons ACTIONS.

"The Nixon presidency witnessed the first large-scale integration of public schools in the South.[182] Nixon sought a middle way between the segregationist Wallace and liberal Democrats, whose support of integration was alienating some Southern whites.[183] Hopeful of doing well in the South in 1972, he sought to dispose of desegregation as a political issue before then. Soon after his inauguration, he appointed Vice President Agnew to lead a task force, which worked with local leaders—both white and black—to determine how to integrate local schools. Agnew had little interest in the work, and most of it was done by Labor Secretary George Shultz. Federal aid was available, and a meeting with President Nixon was a possible reward for compliant committees. By September 1970, less than ten percent of black children were attending segregated schools. By 1971, however, tensions over desegregation surfaced in Northern cities, with angry protests over the busing of children to schools outside their neighborhood to achieve racial balance. Nixon opposed busing personally but enforced court orders requiring its use.[184]

In addition to desegregating public schools, Nixon implemented the Philadelphia Plan in 1970—the first significant federal affirmative action program."

That is Nixon on Civil Rights.

That is NOT "pandering" or "appealing" to racist southern voters.

You are the one ignoring reality.

And basing your world view and actions on lies.

AND insulting your fellow Americans with the vilest of insults, uncalled for.

You are tearing this nation apart, for partisan gain.

I didn't even post about "Nixon". YOU did.

Actually I'm the guy who posted reality. Three quotes to which you go :lalala: and deflect off to "Nixon". :cuckoo:

Such as?

Quote?

Link?

YOU just demonstrated why Blacks, Asians, Jews, Muslims, Hispanics .. and no other non-white demographic in America votes for republicans in the majority .. not one.

Of course in your pea-brain head, that's just everybody else's fault .. republicans claim no responsibility for its own fate .. lefties did it.

Question dummy .. did lefties tell republicans to dump its black support in favor of chasing racists in the Southern Strategy? African-Americans were once overwhelmingly republican .. but of course republicans had nothing at all to do with losing that support.

:lol: YOU are why blacks and nobody else but old angry white men vote for republicans in the majority.

thanks
Bullshit.

The media is why blacks vote for Democrats, not anything Republicans have done.

Did you know that Democrats are busy destroying the institutions of this country in hopes of crashing the economy and thusly destroying the economic stability of this society. This is why they coddle criminals, literally celebrating them at the same time they're attacking hard working law abiding citizens. Who will suffer more than the poor if they are successful?

Moronic .. as usual. :0)

But the good news is that it doesn't matter what you think or who you think is responsible for the demise of the Republican Party. It's going to happen anyway .. and that is all that matters to me.

thanks again :0)
What's gonna happen?

I'll tell you what's gonna happen dumbass, the government can't tax enough to pay the benefits of people on fix-incomes collecting Social Security and welfare. You'll be living in tents and standing in soups lines. Let the Democrats spend and spend bringing millions of refugees here to vote for them. They'll cut off the poor and force them to eat what they want them to eat, live where they want them to live. No more air-conditioning for us poverty strickened Middle-class assholes. Only members can have climate control in their homes. You won't be able to afford a car, so get used to walking asshole. And once you reach a certain age and you're no longer useful, they'll cut off your medical and just give you a pill.....better yet, just off yourself because there isn't enough free shit to go around.

Again, I don't give a fuck what you think .. you don't know shit.

Your stupid ass didn't know that Trump could never be president .. you still don't know that he has no intention of ever being the president. You'd have to be a moron not to see what is so plainly obvious about your great white hope. :0)

Now you're trying to convince me that you can foresee the future. :lol: .. Check this out Ms. Cleo .. I see a much brighter future for this country then you do. An America without the vile hand of RW hate and interference is an America that will be better for my children, grandchildren, and all people of conscience then it is today. An America without the hand of RW hate will be better for everybody.

You RWers can preach all the gloom and doom you can dream up .. won't make any difference .. nobody cares but you.
Your post was not only racist but an example of projection. Remember when the Dems won the White House by claiming we had the worst economy since the Great Depression? Currently the press is trying to tell us we're doing fine, but most of us are making less than we were in 2009 and paying more in taxes and paying more for everything because of the hidden costs the Obama Administration has hit businesses with. To stay in business they had to pass the extra expense on to you and me, the consumer. And all of this hate you seem to be feeling is a reflection of your own hatred. The hatred you feel seems to be a reaction to the imaginary hatred the media is telling you everyone has. I always figure that if you go around with a chip on your shoulder, somebody's going to knock it off. Act like a racist asshole and you're going to get a negative reaction.

:0) I don't give a rats ass about any negative reaction I get from a board full of RW racists .. make that dumb ass RW racists.

I post what I think and believe .. back that up with evidence .. don't give a shit about 'reactions.'

Sorry, I didn't vote for Obama .. find someone who did and pass your concerns on to them.

e020907b87ee20218307ad50f0b4bf0f.jpg

That's ignorant .. ignorant revisionist history .. but you can believe whatever you want .. I don't care.

The Southern United States as defined by the United States Census Bureau. In American politics, the Southern strategy is an idea that the Republican Party candidates gained political support in the Southern United States by using a strategy appealing to racism against African Americans.

I pointed out the Historical fact the Nixon's actions did not match your claims, ie that he "appealed to racism" and all you did was repeat your claim without addressing my challenge.

That is the definition of the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion.

Your argument is invalid, and my point stands, unchallenged.

Your 'point' is ignorant and uneducated. You're just too stupid to know that.

Birth of the Southern Strategy

When Lyndon Johnson signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, he’s said to have predicted, “There goes the South for a generation.” He feared black suffrage would prompt white Southerners to abandon the Democratic Party. Under Richard Nixon, the GOP’s “Southern Strategy” aimed to ensure it by systematically making veiled (and often not-so-veiled) racist appeals to white voters. “From now on,” Nixon aide Kevin Phillips told him, “the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote, and they don’t need any more than that.”

Southern strategy

In 1968, George Wallace ran as a third-party candidate against Nixon and Humphrey, on an explicitly segregationist platform. Humphrey had been the main champion of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in the Senate; Nixon, while no civil rights activist, rejected an overtly racist platform. Feeling abandoned by both parties, Southern white racists flocked to Wallace's cause, winning him the Deep South states of Ark., La., Miss., Ala. and Ga.

Political analyst and Nixon campaigner Kevin Phillips, analysing 1948-1968 voting trends, viewed these rebellious Southern voters as ripe for Republican picking. In The Emerging Republican Majority(Arlington House, 1969), he correctly predicted that the Republican party would shift its national base to the South by appealing to whites' disaffection with liberal democratic racial and welfare policies. President Nixon shrewdly played this "Southern strategy" by promoting affirmative action in employment, a "wedge" issue that later Republicans would exploit to split the Democratic coalition of white working class and black voters. (See John Skrentny, The Ironies of Affirmative Action (U Chicago Press, 1996)). This strategy soon produced the racial party alignments that prevail today.
George Wallace and the 1968 Election

You're an ignorant racist motherfucker. The Southern Strategy is burned into history for all time as the racist mechanism that it was. Your approval is not required.

Feel free to challenge history if you choose .. just take that bullshit to your next Trump rally .. stop whining about it to me.

How did "promoting affirmative action in employment" and massive desegregation of schools, "appeal to Southern whites' disaffection with liberal democratic racial and welfare polices"?

THat, btw, is a rhetorical question, because I know you can't answer it, and that you don't have the personal integrity to admit that.

YOur entire world view is based on an obvious lie, and deep down you know it.

:lol: Dude, you can believe whatever the fuck you want. I don't care .. but you're arguing with history and academia, not me you moron. That history has been written long ago

You can add your uneducated claim to the republican hall of fame along with such gems as Obama doesn't have a birth certificate. :lol:

It doesn't go without notice that YOU haven't addressed anything I've posted .. but then again, I don't care about that either.

I asked a reasonable question about your post.

I predicted that you would be unable to answer it.

I have seriously and honestly addressed your points when I could discern them .

As you are unable to answer my question, which challenges your central claim, my point stands and yours is invalid.

Nixon's documented historical actions do not match the claim of the liberal LIE of the Southern Strategy.

Nixon did NOT "pander" to or "appeal " to racists to flip the South.

Your entire world view is based on a lie. Your people support the people that have been lying to them for generations to terrorize them.

Let me say this to you AGAIN .. THAT HISTORY HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN.

What you think about it now is meaningless .. particularly when many republicans .. including RNC Chairs have already apologized for the Southern Strategy.

YOUR party is all white and decidedly racist.

MY people supports the party that supports us .. black president .. thousands of black elected officials .. black people all over the Democratic Party .. attention to our issues .. compared to all white and racist.

YOU are a glowing example of why blacks hate the Republican Party. You don't believe we have the intelligence to make our own judgments about who we choose to vote for .. in the face of the INCREDIBLE MINDLESS IGNORANCE of YOUR party support for a fraud .. a guy who never wanted to be president. :0) But you think you can advise other people what to do with their votes !!!! :lol: get real dude

I didn't even post about "Nixon". YOU did.

Actually I'm the guy who posted reality. Three quotes to which you go :lalala: and deflect off to "Nixon". :cuckoo:

Such as?

Quote?

Link?

Nixon's documented historical actions disprove the Southern Strategy Lie.

Quotes are words. Words do not trump documented ACTIONS when arguing about what was the reality of the time. I have posted Nixon's quite good Civil Rights record.

The Southern Strategy and your belief that the GOp built itself based on lies, re the OP and thread title are some of the lies your world view is based on.

When you call your fellow Americans racists, based on bullshit lies, that is uncalled for.

And as both those you insult and those who believe that the other half of the nation is "out to get them" are both getting more and more pissed off, you are tearing this nation apart.

Or do you feel that we are united in harmony?

I pointed out the Historical fact the Nixon's actions did not match your claims, ie that he "appealed to racism" and all you did was repeat your claim without addressing my challenge.

That is the definition of the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion.

Your argument is invalid, and my point stands, unchallenged.

When Lyndon Johnson signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, he’s said to have predicted, “There goes the South for a generation.” He feared black suffrage would prompt white Southerners to abandon the Democratic Party. Under Richard Nixon, the GOP’s “Southern Strategy” aimed to ensure it by systematically making veiled (and often not-so-veiled) racist appeals to white voters. “From now on,” Nixon aide Kevin Phillips told him, “the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote, and they don’t need any more than that.”

Southern strategy

In 1968, George Wallace ran as a third-party candidate against Nixon and Humphrey, on an explicitly segregationist platform. Humphrey had been the main champion of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in the Senate; Nixon, while no civil rights activist, rejected an overtly racist platform. Feeling abandoned by both parties, Southern white racists flocked to Wallace's cause, winning him the Deep South states of Ark., La., Miss., Ala. and Ga.

Political analyst and Nixon campaigner Kevin Phillips, analysing 1948-1968 voting trends, viewed these rebellious Southern voters as ripe for Republican picking. In The Emerging Republican Majority(Arlington House, 1969), he correctly predicted that the Republican party would shift its national base to the South by appealing to whites' disaffection with liberal democratic racial and welfare policies. President Nixon shrewdly played this "Southern strategy" by promoting affirmative action in employment, a "wedge" issue that later Republicans would exploit to split the Democratic coalition of white working class and black voters. (See John Skrentny, The Ironies of Affirmative Action (U Chicago Press, 1996)). This strategy soon produced the racial party alignments that prevail today.

You're an ignorant racist motherfucker. The Southern Strategy is burned into history for all time as the racist mechanism that it was. Your approval is not required.

Feel free to challenge history if you choose .. just take that bullshit to your next Trump rally .. stop whining about it to me.

How did "promoting affirmative action in employment" and massive desegregation of schools, "appeal to Southern whites' disaffection with liberal democratic racial and welfare polices"?

THat, btw, is a rhetorical question, because I know you can't answer it, and that you don't have the personal integrity to admit that.

:lol: Dude, you can believe whatever the fuck you want. I don't care .. but you're arguing with history and academia, not me you moron. That history has been written long ago

You can add your uneducated claim to the republican hall of fame along with such gems as Obama doesn't have a birth certificate. :lol:

It doesn't go without notice that YOU haven't addressed anything I've posted .. but then again, I don't care about that either.

As you are unable to answer my question, which challenges your central claim, my point stands and yours is invalid.

Nixon's documented historical actions do not match the claim of the liberal LIE of the Southern Strategy.

Your entire world view is based on a lie. Your people support the people that have been lying to them for generations to terrorize them.

What you think about it now is meaningless .. particularly when many republicans .. including RNC Chairs have already apologized for the Southern Strategy.

MY people supports the party that supports us .. black president .. thousands of black elected officials .. black people all over the Democratic Party .. attention to our issues .. compared to all white and racist.

YOU are a glowing example of why blacks hate the Republican Party. You don't believe we have the intelligence to make our own judgments about who we choose to vote for .. in the face of the INCREDIBLE MINDLESS IGNORANCE of YOUR party support for a fraud .. a guy who never wanted to be president. :0) But you think you can advise other people what to do with their votes !!!! :lol: get real dude

If the "WRITTEN HISTORY" can be demonstrated to be wrong based on documented historical facts, that is meaningful.

YOu are an asshole. Fuck you.

Again, the Southern Strategy is a political approach to elections. Has zero to do with whatever Nixon did while in office. NOR did I bring it up. YOU did.

Quotes are words. Words do not trump documented ACTIONS when arguing about what was the reality of the time. I have posted Nixon's quite good Civil Rights record.

Irrelevant, see above.
The quotes came from the strategists themselves, describing their own work. And the concession came from the Chairman of the party. It doesn't go any higher than that.

The Southern Strategy and your belief that the GOp built itself based on lies, re the OP and thread title are some of the lies your world view is based on.

Except I never posted any such thing, didn't write the thread title and took issue with it.
That's why you failed to link it ----it does not exist. You just now pulled it out of your own ass.

When you call your fellow Americans racists, based on bullshit lies, that is uncalled for.

Sure is. Again, what the fuck's that got to do with me?

Well?

And as both those you insult and those who believe that the other half of the nation is "out to get them" are both getting more and more pissed off, you are tearing this nation apart.

Link to these "insults" is --------- where again?

Oops... can't link to your own ass. That must suck.

You lose.

:fu:

Again, the Southern Strategy is a political approach to elections. Has zero to do with whatever Nixon did while in office. NOR did I bring it up. YOU did.

Irrelevant, see above.
The quotes came from the strategists themselves, describing their own work. And the concession came from the Chairman of the party. It doesn't go any higher than that.

Except I never posted any such thing, didn't write the thread title and took issue with it.
That's why you failed to link it ----it does not exist. You just now pulled it out of your own ass.

Well?

You lose.

1. Nixon's actions on Civil Rights shows that he was NOT "pandering" or "appealing" to the Southern Racists. That is the core of the Southern Strategy myth debunked right there.

2. The strategists word's do not trump reality.

3. THat chairman was a baby when those actions too place. ANd his words to not trump documented historical facts.

4. When you support the Southern Strategy Myth, you are supporting the Myth that half the us population supports a racist party and it's racist policies. You are calling them racists. You are pissing them off and terrorizing the other half.

You are tearing this nation apart for partisan gain.

5. Fuck you.

Southern strategy

If the "WRITTEN HISTORY" can be demonstrated to be wrong based on documented historical facts, that is meaningful.

Fuck you .. you mindless braindead asswipe.

That history has been written long ago .. and there isn't a goddamn thing that a braindead fuck like you can do about it but sit on a message board and whine about it.

Whine on motherfucker. :0) Nothing will change.

Irrelevant, see above.

Well?

You lose.

1. Nixon's actions on Civil Rights shows that he was NOT "pandering" or "appealing" to the Southern Racists. That is the core of the Southern Strategy myth debunked right there.

3. THat chairman was a baby when those actions too place. ANd his words to not trump documented historical facts.

4. When you support the Southern Strategy Myth, you are supporting the Myth that half the us population supports a racist party and it's racist policies. You are calling them racists. You are pissing them off and terrorizing the other half.

5. Fuck you.

6a00e54f95df92883401538de82df6970b-800wi

:lol::lol::lol:

Nope. It isn't. Here's what it is:
strawman.jpg

You keep bringing up "Nixon" as if he's somehow part of this point. He isn't.
Nixon was a politician. Politicians are not strategists, and strategists are not politicians. Just as baseball general managers aren't players. The strategist maps out the plan to get the politician elected; he doesn't issue policy. The politician takes the office and executes the policy; he doesn't plan the election.

What Nixon did or didn't do in office is irrelevant to the strategy of getting him into that office. And that's what we're on.

No they don't. They are reality.
Again, same analogy --- you don't ask the shortstop how they made the trade for the relief pitcher.... you ask the general manager. So I quoted them.

"That chairman was a baby" :rofl: Irrelevant. A Chairman doesn't speak for "the organization in the time since I've been an adult" -- he speaks for the organization. Period. You can whine and stomp your feet all you like but it's on the record. It was already on the record from the strategists, and the Chairman verified it.

ANY of us can and do cite history that happened well before we personally were born. That doesn't somehow whisk it off into neverneverland where nothing happened that you didn't see. That's why we have history. And quotes are part of that history.

Nope. Non sequitur. A Southern Strategy as described isn't racism per se --- it's race baiting. Two different things.
Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. Race baiting is a manipulative process to exploit those who believe the former. Doesn't mean the opportunist doing the manipulating has to believe it himself.

Take Donald Rump. Please. Is he personally bigoted against Mexicans? Muslims? Native Americans? Women? Debate moderators? People with congenital muscular disabilities? I don't see evidence that he is. Has he however manipulated his audiences' bigotry against those groups? Bingo. Every chance he gets every day whenever a camera shows up and all through the night on Twitter. The only stance I can remember him taking personally against any of these groups is Rosie O'Donnell, but that's an individual and that's expressing a personal conflict, not manipulating somebody else into one.

That's not expressing personal racism or bigotry. That's fomenting it in other people for one's own gain. In the same way he never personally took a swing at a rally protestor --- he manipulates others into doing that.

That's the difference between race baiting and racism. The latter is a personal trait expressed out of ignorance. The former is a manipulative tool to mine personal gain from other people's ignorance.

And that's what we have in the Southern Strategy -- one political party mining votes from an ignorant bloc simply because they deliver a lot of votes, after another political party did the same thing. Also known as pandering.

Mind you, they're not mutually exclusive. Rump might still be a bigot, personally. Kevin Phillips or Lee Atwater might have been a racist. We don't have enough info. Hell I don't even have enough info to say that "Colonel Joe" Simmons, the re-founder off the Ku Klux Klan, was a racist personally. Any of them may be, or may not -- but they're all opportunists. They all milked racism to get what they wanted. By manipulating other people to do the dirty work.

:lol:

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

toth.gif

strawman.jpg

Nixon was a politician. Politicians are not strategists, and strategists are not politicians. Just as baseball general managers aren't players. The strategist maps out the plan to get the politician elected; he doesn't issue policy. The politician takes the office and executes the policy; he doesn't plan the election.

What Nixon did or didn't do in office is irrelevant to the strategy of getting him into that office. And that's what we're on.

Again, same analogy --- you don't ask the shortstop how they made the trade for the relief pitcher.... you ask the general manager. So I quoted them.

"That chairman was a baby" :rofl: Irrelevant. A Chairman doesn't speak for "the organization in the time since I've been an adult" -- he speaks for the organization. Period. You can whine and stomp your feet all you like but it's on the record. It was already on the record from the strategists, and the Chairman verified it.

ANY of us can and do cite history that happened well before we personally were born. That doesn't somehow whisk it off into neverneverland where nothing happened that you didn't see. That's why we have history. And quotes are part of that history.

Nope. Non sequitur. A Southern Strategy as described isn't racism per se --- it's race baiting. Two different things.
Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. Race baiting is a manipulative process to exploit those who believe the former. Doesn't mean the opportunist doing the manipulating has to believe it himself.

Take Donald Rump. Please. Is he personally bigoted against Mexicans? Muslims? Native Americans? Women? Debate moderators? People with congenital muscular disabilities? I don't see evidence that he is. Has he however manipulated his audiences' bigotry against those groups? Bingo. Every chance he gets every day whenever a camera shows up and all through the night on Twitter. The only stance I can remember him taking personally against any of these groups is Rosie O'Donnell, but that's an individual and that's expressing a personal conflict, not manipulating somebody else into one.

That's not expressing personal racism or bigotry. That's fomenting it in other people for one's own gain. In the same way he never personally took a swing at a rally protestor --- he manipulates others into doing that.

That's the difference between race baiting and racism. The latter is a personal trait expressed out of ignorance. The former is a manipulative tool to mine personal gain from other people's ignorance.

And that's what we have in the Southern Strategy -- one political party mining votes from an ignorant bloc simply because they deliver a lot of votes, after another political party did the same thing. Also known as pandering.

Mind you, they're not mutually exclusive. Rump might still be a bigot, personally. Kevin Phillips or Lee Atwater might have been a racist. We don't have enough info. Hell I don't even have enough info to say that "Colonel Joe" Simmons, the re-founder off the Ku Klux Klan, was a racist personally. Any of them may be, or may not -- but they're all opportunists. They all milked racism to get what they wanted. By manipulating other people to do the dirty work.

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

toth.gif
obama_crosseyed_stuttering_clusterfock_of_a_miserable_failure.jpg

Fuck you .. you mindless braindead asswipe.

That history has been written long ago .. and there isn't a goddamn thing that a braindead fuck like you can do about it but sit on a message board and whine about it.

Whine on motherfucker. :0) Nothing will change.

YOU are a glowing example of why blacks hate the Republican Party.

Because your head has been filled with lies and hatred of your fellow Americans to the point that you are literally arguing the documented historical facts are not relevant when discussing written history.

Irrelevant, see above.

Well?

You lose.

5. Fuck you.

6a00e54f95df92883401538de82df6970b-800wi

:lol::lol::lol:

5. Fuck you.

strawman.jpg

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

5. Fuck you.

toth.gif

1. The 1968 campaign of Nixon had a strong theme of "Law and Order".

If the "strategists" thought that was a bullshit issue, that they were just using as "code" for race baiting they were utter fools.

Murders%201.bmp

Law and order was a valid concern of the voter in 1968.

Oh, came across this little tidbit.

"Nixon campaigned in Nebraska where he criticized the three leading Democratic candidates as "three peas in a pod, prisoners of the policies of the past."[46] He then proposed a plan to tackle crime that included wiretapping, legislation to reverse previous Supreme Court decisions, and the formation of a congressional committee targeting crime and reforms to the criminal justice system. He did not connect crime to racial rioting, drawing praise from Civil Rightsleaders.[46] Nixon won the primary in Nebraska, defeating the undeclared Reagan 71% to 22%.[47] At the following primary in Oregon, Reagan seemed more willing to compete with Nixon, and Rockefeller sat out.[48] But Nixon won with 72%, fifty points ahead of Reagan"

2. That fact that the Chairman was a baby and does not have personal knowledge of the events, and that documented history contradicts him is completely relevant.

He was WRONG, about the facts.

3. YOu are telling half the nation that the other half are racist who want to "get them". That is tearing this nation apart. That is on you and yours.

What does the good old school book say on the subject?

Quick-history-lesson-for-Democrats....jpg

Looks like someone didn't do their homework.

Forum List

Back