Here's Evidence Steve Bannon Joined a Facebook Group That Posts Racist Rants and Obama Death Threats

Stephen Bannon, whom Donald Trump tapped as his chief strategist in the White House, has come under fire for his self-admitted promotion of the alt-right, a haven of white nationalists, when he was head of far-right Breitbart News. His defenders have insisted Bannon is no racist or anti-Semite. But Mother Jones has uncovered another clue about Bannon's political personality: Bannon joined a conservative Facebook group that has featured racist and extreme material. This material includes posts urging a military coup against President Barack Obama, featuring an image of the president dressed as an SS officer, celebrating the Confederate flag, highlighting a photoshopped picture of Obama with watermelons, praising a police officer who called Obama a "F*cking ******," and calling for Obama to be "executed as a traitor."

This Facebook group is for an outfit called Vigilant Patriots, which claims its goals are defending and upholding the Constitution and preserving "our history and culture." As of Friday morning, it listed nearly 3,600 members, including Stephen Bannon, who apparently joined the group seven years ago.

More: Here's evidence Steve Bannon joined a Facebook group that posts racist rants and Obama death threats

There is more in the above link - if your stomach can stand it.

So what?

Are you, OP, to be counted as a racist because people post racist shit on this forum?

I don't think this guy was the greatest choice, but this is fucking ridiculous....

There's a big difference between posting on a forum which isn't designed to be racist, but might have racist members, and being on a forum which is designed to be racist.

It's like the difference between the Republican Party and the KKK. They're not the same, are they?

The op said

"Bannon joined a conservative Facebook group that has featured racist and extreme material"

We cannot infer from that that it was designed to be racist. the op gives what 4-5 examples out of how many Posts? Hundreds? Thousands? how many could be found here, if this is such an inppropriate comparison.

The group describes itself as

"A community for Americans who love this great country and are willing to fight for it!

Goals and Objectives:
1.) Defend and uphold the Constitution of the Republic of the United States.
2.) Preserve our history and culture.
3.) Educate ourselves, awaken others and promote true inalienable liberty.
4.) Encourage honest intellectual discussion and debate.
5.) Provide a nonpartisan environment."

where's the baked in racism there. did you, or anyone bother to look at it? I did and saw nothing racist whatsoever. I did not of course dig through the entire history of posts, as these people did, but I see more incendiary stuff here nearly every day.

This is nonsense, there are morons on facebook, which anyone who has posted there knows. some of them posted shit to this page. BFD
Everyone knows that the US Constitution is racist.
We also know that loving America is racist.
Also, we know that not allowing Mexicans to come here and break our laws, and steal our money and our land is racist.

Nuff said

yep. I was discussing this in the real world over the weekend with a liberal friend of my wife's. "racism" and "racist" as terms have been hijacked as a favorite go-to label as a shaming strategy and it has, therefore, to me, lost its meaning to a large extent, and certainly a great deal of its impact.

At this point when someone calls someone or something racist my thoughts turn first to what their agenda really is, and second to whether or not the supposed target is or is not an actual example of racism.

this thread is a perfect example of that. It's purpose is clear, it's defaming message of 'racist!' is clear, but what is unclear is any actual evidence to support that accusation.

as you indicate, being a patriot is not racist, but that is the interpretation for many that want to see it that way so they can defame those with an opposing viewpoint with an inflammatory label and simply shut them up. There are plenty of other examples of exactly that sort of strategy, which is exactly what it is, and in many cases that is ALL it is....

Stephen Bannon, whom Donald Trump tapped as his chief strategist in the White House, has come under fire for his self-admitted promotion of the alt-right, a haven of white nationalists, when he was head of far-right Breitbart News. His defenders have insisted Bannon is no racist or anti-Semite. But Mother Jones has uncovered another clue about Bannon's political personality: Bannon joined a conservative Facebook group that has featured racist and extreme material. This material includes posts urging a military coup against President Barack Obama, featuring an image of the president dressed as an SS officer, celebrating the Confederate flag, highlighting a photoshopped picture of Obama with watermelons, praising a police officer who called Obama a "F*cking ******," and calling for Obama to be "executed as a traitor."

This Facebook group is for an outfit called Vigilant Patriots, which claims its goals are defending and upholding the Constitution and preserving "our history and culture." As of Friday morning, it listed nearly 3,600 members, including Stephen Bannon, who apparently joined the group seven years ago.

More: Here's evidence Steve Bannon joined a Facebook group that posts racist rants and Obama death threats

Hitt'n the firewater early 'eh?

And you joined this forum, which has most certainly seen racist rants and obama death threats.

Are all leftists irony impaired?

Give them a break, they are low information voters who were denied the lessons to learn critical thinking skills. They believe the party knows what is best for them.

From the OP:

This material includes posts urging a military coup against President Barack Obama, featuring an image of the president dressed as an SS officer, celebrating the Confederate flag, highlighting a photoshopped picture of Obama with watermelons, praising a police officer who called Obama a "F*cking ******," and calling for Obama to be "executed as a traitor."

Yeah, it doesn't matter that Steve Bannon is a documented racist - and has been a member for SEVEN years in this radical racist group. Truly a breeding ground for homegrown terrorists.

Dumbass YOU are a documented "racist". By the way there is NOTHING on their Facebook Page ;)

It's unfortunate that your posts suggest an eduction which ended in Jr. Hi; otherwise you might know the term ethnocentrism is not in anyway equivalent with racism.

Racism: "At root, racism is “an ideology of racial domination” (Wilson, 1999, 14) in which the presumed biological or cultural superiority of one or more racial groups is used to justify or prescribe the inferior treatment or social position(s) of other racial groups."
racism defined - Google Search

Ethnocentrism: "Ethnocentrism is the view that one's own culture is better than anyone else's culture. As a practice, it consists of evaluating other cultures from the perspective of one's own. William Graham Sumner coined the term ethnocentrism in 1906; today many sociologists identify ethnocentrism as a feature of all cultures."

From the OP:

This material includes posts urging a military coup against President Barack Obama, featuring an image of the president dressed as an SS officer, celebrating the Confederate flag, highlighting a photoshopped picture of Obama with watermelons, praising a police officer who called Obama a "F*cking ******," and calling for Obama to be "executed as a traitor."

Yeah, it doesn't matter that Steve Bannon is a documented racist - and has been a member for SEVEN years in this radical racist group. Truly a breeding ground for homegrown terrorists.

Dumbass YOU are a documented "racist". By the way there is NOTHING on their Facebook Page ;)

It's unfortunate that your posts suggest an eduction which ended in Jr. Hi; otherwise you might know the term ethnocentrism is not in anyway equivalent with racism.

Racism: "At root, racism is “an ideology of racial domination” (Wilson, 1999, 14) in which the presumed biological or cultural superiority of one or more racial groups is used to justify or prescribe the inferior treatment or social position(s) of other racial groups."

Ethnocentrism: "Ethnocentrism is the view that one's own culture is better than anyone else's culture. As a practice, it consists of evaluating other cultures from the perspective of one's own. William Graham Sumner coined the term ethnocentrism in 1906; today many sociologists identify ethnocentrism as a feature of all cultures."
"Ohhhhh....you peasants are soooo stupid."

When you have sex....do you scream your own name?

snob12.jpg.cf.jpg

Well I guess you're a racist as well, just like everyone on this site. I mean if joining a forum where some people posts racist shit makes everyone a racist in your book, I guess you should fix the one in the mirror before worrying about anyone else.
Are you saying I joined a racist website?

USMB is racist?

Oh! The horror!

It's dark.... so dark... it's dark.

No, according to the OP you did. Of course the OP is freaking nuts.

No but the democrat party and the KKK are

Would it hurt you to be sensible for once?

Truth hurts!

I'll take that as a no. I seriously hope you're not eligible to vote.
Liberals and race baiters trying to say im not sensible, hahahahha. And yes I am, I voted for Donald J Trump.

You're not. And you know you're not. But to admit it would be for you to be sensible. So you don't. And yes, we know you voted for Trump, all the people who see politics as their main entertainment station did so.

If that isnt the definition of projection. You guys are the ones that protest everything, insert politics into everything like sports, fashion, musica, ect.

No you guys are the ones that live politics 24/7.

And yes you guys are race baiters and try to inject that into everything.

So if you want a real.discussion, you need to be honest first.

Truth hurts!

Liberals and race baiters trying to say im not sensible, hahahahha. And yes I am, I voted for Donald J Trump.

You're not. And you know you're not. But to admit it would be for you to be sensible. So you don't. And yes, we know you voted for Trump, all the people who see politics as their main entertainment station did so.

If that isnt the definition of projection. You guys are the ones that protest everything, insert politics into everything like sports, fashion, musica, ect.

c7b2ac15-ed31-34df-a2e1-cd08ee162679
a lib being honest

Truth hurts!

But they know they're right. Intellectual heavyweights like Bill Maher and Jon Stewart said so.

Truth hurts!

But they know they're right. Intellectual heavyweights like Bill Maher and Jon Stewart said so.

Hahaha yeah thats their intelligensia.

So what?

Are you, OP, to be counted as a racist because people post racist shit on this forum?

I don't think this guy was the greatest choice, but this is fucking ridiculous....

There's a big difference between posting on a forum which isn't designed to be racist, but might have racist members, and being on a forum which is designed to be racist.

It's like the difference between the Republican Party and the KKK. They're not the same, are they?

The op said

"Bannon joined a conservative Facebook group that has featured racist and extreme material"

We cannot infer from that that it was designed to be racist. the op gives what 4-5 examples out of how many Posts? Hundreds? Thousands? how many could be found here, if this is such an inppropriate comparison.

"A community for Americans who love this great country and are willing to fight for it!

Goals and Objectives:

where's the baked in racism there. did you, or anyone bother to look at it? I did and saw nothing racist whatsoever. I did not of course dig through the entire history of posts, as these people did, but I see more incendiary stuff here nearly every day.

This is nonsense, there are morons on facebook, which anyone who has posted there knows. some of them posted shit to this page. BFD

If you've ever studied far right groups, you'll know that hiding things is one of the first things they do.

I don't know about this group. I wasn't talking about a specific facebook group, I was merely responding to what had been written, which was the point that I made.

However looking at the website, for the last few months, at the very least, it's been the same nonsense crap that's been on a forum like this. Some of the stuff is questionable. Basically like this stuff:

14100490_194266830987196_2917946301481337531_n.jpg

And lots more. Basically the sort of site you wouldn't want your politicians being on, because you'd hope your politicians are slightly more intelligent than this crap.

Well this thread, and my post to which you responded, was about this particular Facebook page.

I see no evidence presented that the page itself is racist, nor that Bannon actively participated in any such racist discussion on that page.

I called it bunk, because it looked like bunk. And it still does.

Perhaps, but then again this Bannon guy doesn't seem to be the nicest of guys.

Firstly there's his ex-wife saying that Bannon didn't want his girls going to school with Jews.

Trump campaign CEO Stephen Bannon denies antisemitic remarks

She said it in court as well.

"In sworn court declaration following their divorce in 2007, Bannon’s ex-wife said he ‘didn’t want the girls going to school with Jews’"

There's a guy called Ben Shapiro. He's a conservative, worked for Breitbart and claims that Bannon likes white supremacy.

I Know Trump's New Campaign Chairman, Steve Bannon. Here's What You Need To Know.

"5. Under Bannon’s Leadership, Breitbart Openly Embraced The White Supremacist Alt-Right."

How much this gets to be a promotion of white supremacy, how much this might just be small things, I don't know. Maybe it's a guy who hates Bannon and wants a little revenge. The problem here is that Bannon has been tainted by something and it's probably going to cause Trump problems.

The funny thing is that Trump supporters are demanding the media be unbiased, and yet Trump's main ear is in charge of a website that is as biased as hell. Kind of sums up Trump really.

The fact is there is nothing he said or wrote to give credibility to any of these charges of white nationalism or racism. This is just more evidence of Clinton supporters having to invent things to try to justify their irrational hostility toward Trump.

Truth hurts!

"you guys", who are "you guys" exactly?

I mean you're talking about being "honest" and yet you're tell me I'm "you guys". I don't really associate myself with other people.

So what?

The op said

Goals and Objectives:

If you've ever studied far right groups, you'll know that hiding things is one of the first things they do.

I don't know about this group. I wasn't talking about a specific facebook group, I was merely responding to what had been written, which was the point that I made.

However looking at the website, for the last few months, at the very least, it's been the same nonsense crap that's been on a forum like this. Some of the stuff is questionable. Basically like this stuff:

And lots more. Basically the sort of site you wouldn't want your politicians being on, because you'd hope your politicians are slightly more intelligent than this crap.

Well this thread, and my post to which you responded, was about this particular Facebook page.

I see no evidence presented that the page itself is racist, nor that Bannon actively participated in any such racist discussion on that page.

Firstly there's his ex-wife saying that Bannon didn't want his girls going to school with Jews.

"In sworn court declaration following their divorce in 2007, Bannon’s ex-wife said he ‘didn’t want the girls going to school with Jews’"

There's a guy called Ben Shapiro. He's a conservative, worked for Breitbart and claims that Bannon likes white supremacy.

I Know Trump's New Campaign Chairman, Steve Bannon. Here's What You Need To Know.

"5. Under Bannon’s Leadership, Breitbart Openly Embraced The White Supremacist Alt-Right."

How much this gets to be a promotion of white supremacy, how much this might just be small things, I don't know. Maybe it's a guy who hates Bannon and wants a little revenge. The problem here is that Bannon has been tainted by something and it's probably going to cause Trump problems.

The funny thing is that Trump supporters are demanding the media be unbiased, and yet Trump's main ear is in charge of a website that is as biased as hell. Kind of sums up Trump really.

Still irrelevant relative to the veracity of the op of this thread.

you could, I suppose, start a new thread making a general accusation that he's a racist or whatever, but I've made no argument one way or another on that.

The op said

Goals and Objectives:

you could, I suppose, start a new thread making a general accusation that he's a racist or whatever, but I've made no argument one way or another on that.

I didn't start the thread, I'm participating in it. I didn't making any unfounded accusations, I'm merely putting my view across on the topic.

The op said

Goals and Objectives:

I didn't start the thread, I'm participating in it. I didn't making any unfounded accusations, I'm merely putting my view across on the topic.

Which is what I did, specifically commenting on the op of the thread itself. your comments are directed at me in response to my comments, which is why I'm responding although they make no logical sense in terms of what I've actually said.

I didn't claim Bannon was or wasn't anything. I claimed that the op was unfounded nonsense, which it stills seems to be, so if you'd like to make some other point go right ahead, but it would make more sense either as a comment to someone that might have said something closer to that or in its own thread, or even as a stand alone comment, but i do not see how it relates to anything I've said here.

Which is what I did, specifically commenting on the op of the thread itself. your comments are directed at me in response to my comments, which is why I'm responding although they make no logical sense in terms of what I've actually said.

I didn't claim Bannon was or wasn't anything. I claimed that the op was unfounded nonsense, which it stills seems to be, so if you'd like to make some other point go right ahead, but it would make more sense either as a comment to someone that might have said something closer to that or in its own thread, or even as a stand alone comment, but i do not see how it relates to anything I've said here.

So what you're trying to say is, if someone comments on the OP but makes claims, that people like me can't basically say your claims are wrong? Then we'll have chaos. You're trying to stifle the debate of things that have been said to support the argument of someone.

Truth hurts!

I mean you're talking about being "honest" and yet you're tell me I'm "you guys". I don't really associate myself with other people.
You guys = leftwingers

It really would have been a lot easier if Donald Trump would have flown to Afghanistan, gathered up some Taliwackers for his administration and just called it good.

Every dam one of them have serious issues, either they're racist, misogynists, or religious zealots, or a combination of all three. Bent on hell fire to oppress and or control others and their personal lives. They're all white male Reich wingers from the debts of hell.

CNikQTOVEAAUL43.jpg

You guys = leftwingers

So you're lumping all left wingers into the same group? That's not so sensible, is it? Especially seeing as what you're talking about, most left wingers don't do this.

Forum List

Back