Here’s a good plan...

End qualified immunity.
End civil asset forfeiture.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End militarization of police.
End mandatory minimums.

From Justin Amash. Problem is in our terribly corrupt nation, it has no chance of happening.

Freedom and justice for all...LMFAO!

It's a fucked up world where libertarians are our guiding light

It wasn't that long ago Ron Paul wanted us to go back to pre reconstruction America so people could have local apartheid schemes and theocracies. Although granted he had some rational policies mixed in there.

Now we got Amash being more rational than anyone on the left

Am i getting old?

I don't think so....but maybe
His suggestions are in the democratic plan announced this morning, for the most part.

I just listened to a podcast with ezra klein describing how we should abolish prisons...With the rationale being "we don't do a good job locking up all criminals equally, thus it's unfair, and we should abolish teh institution"

If it hasn't made it into the platform yet, it will

Vox is about as centrist as it gets.....Everyone is cowed by the evils we have done to black AMerica. And now we're gonna get some very irrational policy response because no one on the left has the stones to tell anyone lower than them on the intersectional* hierarchy no

Abolish prisons? Lordy, your Thanksgiving table will be a full one.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

From Justin Amash. Problem is in our terribly corrupt nation, it has no chance of happening.

If you want to end the war on drugs then end welfare.
Worked for Limbaugh!

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

How about amending the 14th?

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

It wasn't that long ago Ron Paul wanted us to go back to pre reconstruction America so people could have local apartheid schemes and theocracies. Although granted he had some rational policies mixed in there.

Am i getting old?

His suggestions are in the democratic plan announced this morning, for the most part.

I just listened to a podcast with ezra klein describing how we should abolish prisons...With the rationale being "we don't do a good job locking up all criminals equally, thus it's unfair, and we should abolish teh institution"

Vox is about as centrist as it gets.....Everyone is cowed by the evils we have done to black AMerica. And now we're gonna get some very irrational policy response because no one on the left has the stones to tell anyone lower than them on the intersectional* hierarchy no
So now you think Justine Amash' s plan is not a good one, because Democrats agreed with it?

WHOOOOOSH

I'm saying that even if the platform put out by pelosi is rational today

it won't be tomorrow

which is why Amash is putting what looks like something a democrat would support today

Why the fuck do you think he put this out there/ Because he knows Democrats have moved away from it.

He can feel it in the air same as me.

I don't know how plugged into elite liberal thinking you are. But clearly you haven't been keeping up the last couple weeks.
I'm plugged in to reality....

And no one is going to abolish the police... just won't ever happen, regardless of what some in congress spout as attention getters, the Amash plan is good, thus the democratic proposal is good, which matches his plan. Private prisons should be abolished and go back to the states....The private plan relies on more being imprisoned, to make money off of it.

Oh they might try

They will quickly put in something by a different name, but they'll try.

Common request from PoC

We really hate police, for good reason.

And i'll take that as you ahve no fucking idea what democratic elites and talking heads are discussing.

"look at the platform"

As every major liberal outlet is discussing abolishing basic institutions of american governance....It's an anarchists position of course it's not sustainable.
Abolishing a faulty system as we know it, and revising it or replacing it, is not anarchist?

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

How would that stop police brutality and an unfair judicial system?

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Am i getting old?

So now you think Justine Amash' s plan is not a good one, because Democrats agreed with it?

WHOOOOOSH

it won't be tomorrow

which is why Amash is putting what looks like something a democrat would support today

Why the fuck do you think he put this out there/ Because he knows Democrats have moved away from it.

I don't know how plugged into elite liberal thinking you are. But clearly you haven't been keeping up the last couple weeks.

And no one is going to abolish the police... just won't ever happen, regardless of what some in congress spout as attention getters, the Amash plan is good, thus the democratic proposal is good, which matches his plan. Private prisons should be abolished and go back to the states....The private plan relies on more being imprisoned, to make money off of it.

Oh they might try

Common request from PoC

And i'll take that as you ahve no fucking idea what democratic elites and talking heads are discussing.

"look at the platform"

As every major liberal outlet is discussing abolishing basic institutions of american governance....It's an anarchists position of course it's not sustainable.
You are consuming too much right wing media hysteria.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

You cannot a question like that and you know it.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

?

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

I'm behind 100% of those.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

There is only one 100% effective method to prevent anyone from being injured during an arrest.

Don't arrest anyone.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Thoughts...

If you end qualified immunity, you have to severely cut-back on any government services and be prepared to pay much higher local and state taxes. The flood of nuisance lawsuits would bring local and state governments to their knees. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but every time you put in a new road, plant a tree, or open a public park, you invite a string of lawsuits.

Civil forfeiture, absolutely, shouldn't even be Constitutional. Many communities use civil forfeiture as a source of revenue.

Drug War, absolutely, the war on recreational drugs is Prohibition that never ended and has created a Trillion dollar illegal drug industry.

I'm not sure what currently is over-criminalized. Can you cite examples?

A no-knock warrant should only be granted in exceptional cases.

Absolutely, there is no reason for a suburban bedroom community police force to have a freakin' tank. Police carrying rifles on regular patrol duty sends a much too aggressive message.

Mandatory minimums were created by legislators to combat over-lenient judges. The fact is, they grant power to the legislative branch that should rightfully belong to the judicial branch and shouldn't be Constitutional.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Thoughts...

If you end qualified immunity, you have to severely cut-back on any government services and be prepared to pay much higher local and state taxes. The flood of nuisance lawsuits would bring local and state governments to their knees. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but every time you put in a new road, plant a tree, or open a public park, you invite a string of lawsuits.

Civil forfeiture, absolutely, shouldn't even be Constitutional. Many communities use civil forfeiture as a source of revenue.

Drug War, absolutely, the war on recreational drugs is Prohibition that never ended and has created a Trillion dollar illegal drug industry.

Absolutely, there is no reason for a suburban bedroom community police force to have a freakin' tank. Police carrying rifles on regular patrol duty sends a much too aggressive message.

Mandatory minimums were created by legislators to combat over-lenient judges. The fact is, they grant power to the legislative branch that should rightfully belong to the judicial branch and shouldn't be Constitutional.

qualified immunity doesn't seem to protect the city/county or other relevant bodies

only the officers

so it should reduce costs because the officers are getting sued

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Thoughts...

qualified immunity doesn't seem to protect the city/county or other relevant bodies

only the officers

It protects all government official and entities from lawsuits unless they violate Constitutional rights. Not just police.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Translation:
"Lets make life easier on the pieces of shit among us."
Hilarious shit...so Democrat of you.
I think you missed the mark, I know exactly what you were hoping to achieve with this post...but ya missed.
Look, the highest common denominator among us, you know, good real Americans are not negatively impacted by any of that shit.
Consider this, what kind of a team would you have if you wrote team policy and philosophy to fit for your worst players?
(cue the cries.......AUTHORITARIAN STATIST!)

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

There is only one 100% effective method to prevent anyone from being injured during an arrest.

Don't arrest anyone.
Set phasers to stun

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Translation:
"Lets make life easier on the pieces of shit among us."
Hilarious shit...so Democrat of you.
I think you missed the mark, I know exactly what you were hoping to achieve with this post...but ya missed.
Look, the highest common denominator among us, you know, good real Americans are not negatively impacted by any of that shit.
Consider this, what kind of a team would you have if you wrote team policy and philosophy to fit for your worst players?
(cue the cries.......AUTHORITARIAN STATIST!)
LOL.

CRAZY

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Thoughts...

only the officers

It protects all government official and entities from lawsuits unless they violate Constitutional rights. Not just police.

It protects them from being sued in court individually....not the government they work for

So there would be no budget increase

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Am i getting old?

WHOOOOOSH

it won't be tomorrow

Oh they might try

Common request from PoC

"look at the platform"

Abolishing a faulty system as we know it, and revising it or replacing it, is not anarchist?

so abolish police and replace them with...police?

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Am i getting old?

WHOOOOOSH

it won't be tomorrow

Oh they might try

Common request from PoC

"look at the platform"

so abolish police and replace them with...police?
Yes....
I think it allows them to get rid of the bad apples, without the union forcing them, to keep them....

All previous cops get to interview for the new job... some will be hired.

Forum List

Back