Jan 8, 2011
End qualified immunity.
End civil asset forfeiture.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End militarization of police.
End mandatory minimums.

From Justin Amash. Problem is in our terribly corrupt nation, it has no chance of happening.

Freedom and justice for all...LMFAO!

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

From Justin Amash. Problem is in our terribly corrupt nation, it has no chance of happening.

If you want to end the war on drugs then end welfare.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Poor people aren’t the only ones doing drugs.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Poor people are the one's who can't handle doing drugs without requiring us to help them, or arrest them.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

The Backwards Blues States will lose even more middle class taxpayers.
Troglocrats are dumb.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

One of the two parries is proposing much of that agenda today.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

It's a fucked up world where libertarians are our guiding light

It wasn't that long ago Ron Paul wanted us to go back to pre reconstruction America so people could have local apartheid schemes and theocracies. Although granted he had some rational policies mixed in there.

Now we got Amash being more rational than anyone on the left

Am i getting old?

I don't think so....but maybe

You libs want us to end the war on drugs??
The next Woodstock festival would be quite interesting.

You libs want us to end the war on drugs??
The next Woodstock festival would be quite interesting.

if by libs you mean libertarians, then yes

as you can see actual American liberals in the colloquial sense have given up on these reforms and are going straight for abolish prisons and police....Which is technically a more liberal position. TO the point of anarchy

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

It wasn't that long ago Ron Paul wanted us to go back to pre reconstruction America so people could have local apartheid schemes and theocracies. Although granted he had some rational policies mixed in there.

Am i getting old?

His suggestions are in the democratic plan announced this morning, for the most part.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Never said they were. But a large amount of people do become poor when they spend more money on drugs then they make. Just as alcoholics have the same problem.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Am i getting old?

His suggestions are in the democratic plan announced this morning, for the most part.

I just listened to a podcast with ezra klein describing how we should abolish prisons...With the rationale being "we don't do a good job locking up all criminals equally, thus it's unfair, and we should abolish teh institution"

If it hasn't made it into the platform yet, it will

Vox is about as centrist as it gets.....Everyone is cowed by the evils we have done to black AMerica. And now we're gonna get some very irrational policy response because no one on the left has the stones to tell anyone lower than them on the intersectional* hierarchy no

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Am i getting old?

I just listened to a podcast with ezra klein describing how we should abolish prisons...With the rationale being "we don't do a good job locking up all criminals equally, thus it's unfair, and we should abolish teh institution"

Vox is about as centrist as it gets.....Everyone is cowed by the evils we have done to black AMerica. And now we're gonna get some very irrational policy response because no one on the left has the stones to tell anyone lower than them on the intersectional* hierarchy no
So now you think Justine Amash' s plan is not a good one, because Democrats agreed with it?

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Am i getting old?

So now you think Justine Amash' s plan is not a good one, because Democrats agreed with it?

WHOOOOOSH

I'm saying that even if the platform put out by pelosi is rational today

it won't be tomorrow

which is why Amash is putting what looks like something a democrat would support today

Why the fuck do you think he put this out there/ Because he knows Democrats have moved away from it.

He can feel it in the air same as me.

I don't know how plugged into elite liberal thinking you are. But clearly you haven't been keeping up the last couple weeks.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Am i getting old?

WHOOOOOSH

it won't be tomorrow

which is why Amash is putting what looks like something a democrat would support today

Why the fuck do you think he put this out there/ Because he knows Democrats have moved away from it.

I don't know how plugged into elite liberal thinking you are. But clearly you haven't been keeping up the last couple weeks.
I'm plugged in to reality....

And no one is going to abolish the police... just won't ever happen, regardless of what some in congress spout as attention getters, the Amash plan is good, thus the democratic proposal is good, which matches his plan. Private prisons should be abolished and go back to the states....The private plan relies on more being imprisoned, to make money off of it.

End qualified immunity - Yes. It has done NOTHING but shield assholes who are stupid or corrupt.
End civil asset forfeiture - How did this EVER become constitutional in the first place. It is RIPE for corruption and abuse.
End the drug war - It's time to surrender. Drugs won. We "lost" this war. This began with an improper/unconstitutional premise--government dictating what individual consume.
End overcriminalization - I physically HATE malum prohibitum crimes!!! HATE them. They are ALL abusive and only benefit the political elite.
End no-knock warrants - I only disagree with you here because some situations call for surprise to protect the guys executing the warrants. If we get other reforms, this reform will not be necessary.
End militarization of police - No, just let civilians and police have equal access to the same weapons the military has. Give no one a monopoly on force and everybody is polite.
End mandatory minimums - I agree, but there should be publication of all judges' decisions, especially the ones where they slap the wrist of a person who needs way more.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

It will pass the House of Reps.

It has absolutely no chance in the republican controlled senate.

The last thing the republican controlled senate is going to do is pass much needed legislation that the public is crying out for.

Vote the republicans out of majority and we will see legislation passed that our nation needs and will make our nation great again.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

It will pass the House of Reps.

It has absolutely no chance in the republican controlled senate.

The last thing the republican controlled senate is going to do is pass much needed legislation that the public is crying out for.

Vote the republicans out of majority and we will see legislation passed that our nation needs and will make our nation great again.
A hard-core communist democrat taking a libertarian position?

What in the fuck is going on here?

Next, you're going to say that we SHOULD have the right to keep and bear arms.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Am i getting old?

WHOOOOOSH

it won't be tomorrow

I'm plugged in to reality....

And no one is going to abolish the police... just won't ever happen, regardless of what some in congress spout as attention getters, the Amash plan is good, thus the democratic proposal is good, which matches his plan. Private prisons should be abolished and go back to the states....The private plan relies on more being imprisoned, to make money off of it.

Oh they might try

They will quickly put in something by a different name, but they'll try.

Common request from PoC

We really hate police, for good reason.

And i'll take that as you ahve no fucking idea what democratic elites and talking heads are discussing.

"look at the platform"

As every major liberal outlet is discussing abolishing basic institutions of american governance....It's an anarchists position of course it's not sustainable.

End qualified immunity.
End the drug war.
End overcriminalization.
End no-knock warrants.
End mandatory minimums.

Much of that makes a whole lot of sense. So it will never happen.

Forum List

Back