HELP! Sibling trying to enlist in Navy or CG reserve, no research!

Some people seem to think that being a Navy Officer is a jobs program for college graduates, that simply having a 4-year degree means that an individual will receive a commission as an officer.

Actually they think the miltary is a program to get free college money. Now they're realizing holy shit I actually have to shoot at something and commit suicide.

Some people seem to think that being a Navy Officer is a jobs program for college graduates, that simply having a 4-year degree means that an individual will receive a commission as an officer.

Actually they think the miltary is a program to get free college money. Now they're realizing holy shit I actually have to shoot at something and commit suicide.

:eusa_eh:

commit suicide?

:cuckoo:

Perhaps you should check some statistics and get back with us.:cuckoo:

What you cannot find them?

If you're going to make a moronic statement like,

Now [commisioned officers who have had their education paid thorough enlistment incentives] realizing holy shit I actually have to shoot at something and commit suicide

then it is up to you to provide evidence.

Idiot.

Thanks again for the info everyone. An update:

He is gonna enlist. Talked to the recruiter. On a track to be an MP, but, as someone said, he is going in as something else first, I didnt get the details on that.

As for the GPA, he knew his GPA would hurt. He and I both knew the military was not simply a landing zone for college grads who dont want a cubicle for life, although some see it that way, or, they see it as a quasi-welfare state, where they can get a cozy non-combat job, ride it out for 20 years with free housing, and retire at 38.

Thanks again for the info everyone. An update:

He is gonna enlist. Talked to the recruiter. On a track to be an MP, but, as someone said, he is going in as something else first, I didnt get the details on that.

As for the GPA, he knew his GPA would hurt. He and I both knew the military was not simply a landing zone for college grads who dont want a cubicle for life, although some see it that way, or, they see it as a quasi-welfare state, where they can get a cozy non-combat job, ride it out for 20 years with free housing, and retire at 38.

I told you that. When I was active duty, you had to be an E-4 or better to be able to apply for the MP rate.

And................for the record..............yeah....................I DID retire at 38. Not too bad if you ask me.

And yeah......................I was in no less than 4 war zones, so I guess I earned it.

Forum List

Back