HELP! Preparation question!

M

MyName

DK and I are hosting a graduation party for 'our daughter' (well, she isnt really but we've known her for years and she is like a daughter to us - she is down here from Mi going to college and just graduated Magna Cum Laude!!!)

The party is being held tomrrow (Sat) after the grad. ceremony. There is also some sort of ceremony this evening we will be attending. Between the one tonite and then tomrrow, Im going to have very little time to put food together and so forth.

Im serving lots of finger foods; various flavors of chicken wings (buffalo, lime-garlic, terriaki) tea sandwiches seafood salad, chicken salad and a cucumber cream cheese finger sandwich that always is a HUGE favorite (even though some may think it sounds nasty lol), various salads, various desserts... things like that.

My question is this: Regarding the tea sandwiches (or some call them finger sandwiches) can I make them this morning and then cover them well and refrigerate without worry of them getting hard or stale tasting or soggy?
Whats the earliest this can be done safely and without comprimising the quality, appearance and tastiness of the sandwiches?

Thanks!

MyName said:
DK and I are hosting a graduation party for 'our daughter' (well, she isnt really but we've known her for years and she is like a daughter to us - she is down here from Mi going to college and just graduated Magna Cum Laude!!!)

The party is being held tomrrow (Sat) after the grad. ceremony. There is also some sort of ceremony this evening we will be attending. Between the one tonite and then tomrrow, Im going to have very little time to put food together and so forth.

Im serving lots of finger foods; various flavors of chicken wings (buffalo, lime-garlic, terriaki) tea sandwiches seafood salad, chicken salad and a cucumber cream cheese finger sandwich that always is a HUGE favorite (even though some may think it sounds nasty lol), various salads, various desserts... things like that.

My question is this: Regarding the tea sandwiches (or some call them finger sandwiches) can I make them this morning and then cover them well and refrigerate without worry of them getting hard or stale tasting or soggy?
Whats the earliest this can be done safely and without comprimising the quality, appearance and tastiness of the sandwiches?

Thanks!

Personally, I won't assemble sandwiches until the rest of the food is in the process of being put out. But, it depends on what kind of bread, and filling... Things like ham spread on cocktail rye do ok.

Thanks for the info.

I was afraid that would be the case :(

Mr. P said:
Like shattered, I wouldn't prepare ahead either..I think soggy is yer biggest enemy here.

dangit.
time is presenting a problem - oh well...guess I will figure something out

Thanks guys! :)

Forum List

Back