Hello my fellow "EASTER WORSHIPPERS" [Obama and Hillary won't say "Christians".]

What is clear is that you people are playing the religion card. You can't point to any discrimination so you make it up. Your intent is to divide people for cheap political gains. Neither of you are Christians.

The point is to show the hypocrisy by those on the left when it comes to terror attacks committed by Muslims.
They know it. This is how they avoid discussing it - putting others on the defensive.

Deflect/Pivot/Attack.

Once AGAIN --- the only suggestion that anybody was "avoiding" anything is from the troll who started this Checkers-speech thread and then bravely ran away. He rang a bell, y'all obediently salivated.

If you're that gullible that you'll swallow whole whatever suggestion a "White MAGAman" suggests, then I have a whole SERIES of bridges on which I'll make you a package deal. :deal:
I'm sorry.

I would be too if I posted like you. :itsok:
I do believe editing posts is against the rules. But I can see the desperation that makes you do so.

The point is to show the hypocrisy by those on the left when it comes to terror attacks committed by Muslims.
They know it. This is how they avoid discussing it - putting others on the defensive.

Deflect/Pivot/Attack.

Once AGAIN --- the only suggestion that anybody was "avoiding" anything is from the troll who started this Checkers-speech thread and then bravely ran away. He rang a bell, y'all obediently salivated.

If you're that gullible that you'll swallow whole whatever suggestion a "White MAGAman" suggests, then I have a whole SERIES of bridges on which I'll make you a package deal. :deal:
I'm sorry.

I do believe editing posts is against the rules. But I can see the desperation that makes you do so.
He just comes here to play games.

He earlier accused me of lying. When pressed on it, it turns out I had merely expressed an opinion he didn't like.

His delicious explanation: "A declarative statement is not an 'opinion'. It's an alleged 'fact'".

Too funny. Not a serious or honest poster.

Deflect/Pivot/Attack.

I'm sorry.

He just comes here to play games.

He earlier accused me of lying. When pressed on it, it turns out I had merely expressed an opinion he didn't like.

His delicious explanation: "A declarative statement is not an 'opinion'. It's an alleged 'fact'".

Too funny. Not a serious or honest poster.
Uh oh, now you've done it. You've quite clearly not kissed his ass.

That hurts his feelings.

Easter Rebellion (a/k/a Easter Rising) - uprising against colonial rule by Britain in Ireland named for the week it took place --- Easter Week in 1916. Easy time reference.

Easter Island - in the south Pacific (Spanish: Isla de Pascuca, which means the same thing), politically part of Chile, ethnically Polynesian, home of the Moai (see below), named by a Dutch navigator who discovered it on Easter Sunday in 1722. Again, easy time reference.

The Moai:
Ahu-Akivi-1.JPG

So yeah, it's been used as an adjective for centuries. And there's also a Christmas Island, named the same way.

Didn't need Da Googles for this. They're fairly well known.
Nice attempt, but no go. The term "Easter worshipper" is unprecedented, and doesn't appear in either of your references.

Or are you claiming the issue is the use of "Easter" as an adjective? If that's your "bail-out", then duh - "Easter Sunday", and no need for your inane deflection. Keep trying, it is funny!

I noted the grammatical function when the question was first asked. The above was a reprise.

Your premise was that that usage had not been done before. It has. Three hundred years ago.

Again, ever heard of for example Christmas cactus? Named for the season when it blossoms, and named the same way in French, German and Spanish for the same reason (and sometimes in the US called "Thanksgiving cactus" when horticulturalists vend it early), while in the southern hemisphere in Brazil it's called the "May flower". Plus it sounds nicer than ""Schlumbergera" to the non-Teutonic ear.

Again, a time marker. Adjective qualifying "when". Christmas cactus don't climb down no chimneys and Christmas Island is not where Santa goes for vacation.

Same with "Easter Sunday" for that matter. Which Sunday? Easter Sunday. Specific. You can denote anything to be scheduled to happen on "Easter Sunday" without it being worship.

At the same time "Easter worshiper" is a bit clumsy as its first implication is that somebody is worshiping Easter.

Easter Parade...
Fourth of July picnic....
Halowe'en candy....

One other aspect that hasn't been mentioned -- the images in the OP are of Twits, which limit their space to (I think) 140 characters. That means things have to be abbreviated. "Easter worshiper" denotes both the time and what the people were doing. It's more specific than "churchgoers" and shorter than "people who went to church for Easter". It sets both the time and the action, ergo developing sympathy. That such worshipers would be "Christian" is already a given; the phrase identifies what they were specifically doing -- meaning a high level of vulnerability.
"Easter worshiper" -- 16 characters.

"Christians" -- 10 characters.

You fail.

Once again for the illiterati:
The term "Christians" refers to well over two billion-with-a-B people. You put two billion people on the island of Sri Lanka, it sinks.

Specificity. 11 characters.
Any luck finding the first usage of the term "Easter worshippers"? I already gave you a hint.

Oboy! It's my daily stage door Johnny, come to worship at my Feaster.

No autographs, please.

23161706_532960523704114_4853172246862102528_n.jpg

Easter Rebellion (a/k/a Easter Rising) - uprising against colonial rule by Britain in Ireland named for the week it took place --- Easter Week in 1916. Easy time reference.

Easter Island - in the south Pacific (Spanish: Isla de Pascuca, which means the same thing), politically part of Chile, ethnically Polynesian, home of the Moai (see below), named by a Dutch navigator who discovered it on Easter Sunday in 1722. Again, easy time reference.

The Moai:
Ahu-Akivi-1.JPG

So yeah, it's been used as an adjective for centuries. And there's also a Christmas Island, named the same way.

Didn't need Da Googles for this. They're fairly well known.
Nice attempt, but no go. The term "Easter worshipper" is unprecedented, and doesn't appear in either of your references.

Or are you claiming the issue is the use of "Easter" as an adjective? If that's your "bail-out", then duh - "Easter Sunday", and no need for your inane deflection. Keep trying, it is funny!

I noted the grammatical function when the question was first asked. The above was a reprise.

Your premise was that that usage had not been done before. It has. Three hundred years ago.

Again, ever heard of for example Christmas cactus? Named for the season when it blossoms, and named the same way in French, German and Spanish for the same reason (and sometimes in the US called "Thanksgiving cactus" when horticulturalists vend it early), while in the southern hemisphere in Brazil it's called the "May flower". Plus it sounds nicer than ""Schlumbergera" to the non-Teutonic ear.

Again, a time marker. Adjective qualifying "when". Christmas cactus don't climb down no chimneys and Christmas Island is not where Santa goes for vacation.

Same with "Easter Sunday" for that matter. Which Sunday? Easter Sunday. Specific. You can denote anything to be scheduled to happen on "Easter Sunday" without it being worship.

At the same time "Easter worshiper" is a bit clumsy as its first implication is that somebody is worshiping Easter.

Easter Parade...
Halowe'en candy....

One other aspect that hasn't been mentioned -- the images in the OP are of Twits, which limit their space to (I think) 140 characters. That means things have to be abbreviated. "Easter worshiper" denotes both the time and what the people were doing. It's more specific than "churchgoers" and shorter than "people who went to church for Easter". It sets both the time and the action, ergo developing sympathy. That such worshipers would be "Christian" is already a given; the phrase identifies what they were specifically doing -- meaning a high level of vulnerability.

You fail.

The term "Christians" refers to well over two billion-with-a-B people. You put two billion people on the island of Sri Lanka, it sinks.

Any luck finding the first usage of the term "Easter worshippers"? I already gave you a hint.

I dunno, can you find the first usage of the term "to monkey this up"? Nobody else could. :dunno:
That's a verb though. Here's the thing with adjectives --- you can put them anywhere to qualify any noun.

Who knew right?

Tune in tomorrow and we'll do pronouns. Maybe even amateur nouns.

The problem is, you CAN know. You don't want to because knowing requires obedience. So you call yourself an "agnostic."
“You CAN know”?
Do you know what “know” means?
It involves some sort of realistic evidence.
Obedience is STUPID.
Blind sheep following blind “authoritarian” leaders ...
I've experienced, "realistic evidence."
I won't try and change what you believe, and you can't change what I experienced.
When I was a teenager, I dabbled in the occult. I SAW THINGS that left NO DOUBT there was a spirit world. When I realized Christ was calling me, I rejected those things, and those negative experiences left me. Like you, I've experienced things that could only come from God.

Anybody has that opportunity, but it requires an open mind, and a willing heart.

God is EXACTLY as close to each of us as we allow Him to be.
Open mind to “God”? Willing heart?
Sounds like a nice fantasy.
Have you taken LSD or another hallucinogen?
Or, unable to differentiate between dreams and reality?

Objective reality is shared by multiple people.
Yes, this is your intellectual debate P-1 :auiqs.jpg:
Ok then ...
In your previous clip, go ahead and substitute the word “Santa Claus” for “God”.
Do you still have an “open mind” to Santa Claus? How about “willing heart”?
If not, why not?
How do those two fantasy targets differ?
One has a toy reward, while the other “heaven”?

“You CAN know”?
Do you know what “know” means?
It involves some sort of realistic evidence.
Obedience is STUPID.
Blind sheep following blind “authoritarian” leaders ...
I won't try and change what you believe, and you can't change what I experienced.
When I was a teenager, I dabbled in the occult. I SAW THINGS that left NO DOUBT there was a spirit world. When I realized Christ was calling me, I rejected those things, and those negative experiences left me. Like you, I've experienced things that could only come from God.

Anybody has that opportunity, but it requires an open mind, and a willing heart.

Ok then ...
In your previous clip, go ahead and substitute the word “Santa Claus” for “God”.
If not, why not?
How do those two fantasies differ?
This is an intellectual debate, PK1?
You need to work on it.

Ok then ...
If not, why not?
You need to work on it.
Another deflection?
How come you can’t answer my Q’s?

Ok then ...
If not, why not?
You need to work on it.
Another deflection?
To be honest, you are not worthy of an answer, PK.
Have a good day

Ok then ...
If not, why not?
You need to work on it.
Another deflection?
To be honest, you are not worthy of an answer, PK.
Have a good day
No answers? You must be agnostic too.
Have a nice day as well.

Easter Parade...
Halowe'en candy....

You fail.

I dunno, can you find the first usage of the term "to monkey this up"? Nobody else could. :dunno:
That's a verb though. Here's the thing with adjectives --- you can put them anywhere to qualify any noun.

Who knew right?

Speaking of monkeys, what's really hilarious is the "monkey see, monkey do" usage of the term after your leftist masters used it to avoid saying the word "Christians". None of you can think for yourselves, can you?

Easter Parade...
Halowe'en candy....

You fail.

Who knew right?

Speaking of monkeys, what's really hilarious is the "monkey see, monkey do" usage of the term after your leftist masters used it to avoid saying the word "Christians". None of you can think for yourselves, can you?

Sorry Daveward Gunnerhands, I have no "masters". You however seem self-enslaved to follow my posts around every day soooooooooooo..........

You fail.

Who knew right?

Sorry Daveward Gunnerhands, I have no "masters". You however seem self-enslaved to follow my posts around every day soooooooooooo..........
I HAVE NO MASTERS BY THE WAY EASTER WORSHIPERS IS TOTALLY A THING I KNOW BECAUSE MY MASTERS TOLD ME

Run along, kid.

Forum List

Back