Hello from Indy

ACG22

Feb 24, 2010
Indianapolis
Hi everyone. Just registered today and am looking forward to some good discussions. I used to frequent The History Channel's boards, but things have deteriorated badly there. So I'm hoping for some better attitudes and thought-provoking posts. Well, as much as one can expect on today's internet. Anyway, "hello" to everyone!

I was on THC's boards for over a decade, but I don't recall things getting as nasty and full of misinformed hyperbole as there is now. There's no point in attempting a discussion there; everyone's mind is made up before they read a word.

uscitizen, I've found that members on both sides of the fence tend to have selective memory of US history when it suits them. Not to mention how unreliable is some of what we have come to collectively know. When I encounter something I think doesn't sound quite right, from whichever side of the spectrum, I'll press pause and investigate.

I am new here too, ( 8 days ) and am still trying to find my way around. It took days to find and load my album...but things are coming together, and so far, so good. There are some *kewl* posters with witty things to say. They DO make me lol.

Welcome! :)

Last edited:
Hello, we are next door to each other...I'm just across the river as in the Ohio river!! We've been having some snow in our area haven't we?

Welcome Indy, from someone who also lives in Indy! It's snowing here right now, the roads are slick, be careful out there!

Умрите американская капиталистическая свинья!

(Yes I am using an online translator this time).

Welcome Indy, from someone who also lives in Indy! It's snowing here right now, the roads are slick, be careful out there!
I visited my sister and her family one winter when y'all had two or so feet of snow on the ground. I drove from flat-assed Mississippi to flat-assed Indiana and back in the worst snow I'd seen for real ever...in a big O F250, 4WD, 406cid, SOUPED UP, 4:11, knobby-tired, 6000 pound, monster mudder...got stopped once by a Nindiana Highway Controlman for ridin' in the go-fast lane where there were no tracks, next to folks in the slow lane ridin' in ruts.

Spent several days and nights there. They went out only for firewood. Schools were closed. Businesses were closed. Banks were closed. The only real fun we had was when I took them riding in a park across from their home where we went rippin' through snow drifts like we knew there were no fireplugs or deep ditches or concrete barriers buried beneath the foam. God! That was fun!!!

I'd still rather live in flat-assed Mississippi...where it snows about one out of every ten years!

Last edited:
I visited my sister and her family one winter when y'all had two or so feet of snow on the ground. I drove from flat-assed Mississippi to flat-assed Indiana and back in the worst snow I'd seen for real ever...in a big O F250, 4WD, 406cid, SOUPED UP, 4:11, knobby-tired, 6000 pound, monster mudder...got stopped once by a Nindiana Highway Controlman for ridin' in the go-fast lane where there were no tracks, next to folks in the slow lane ridin' in ruts.

Spent several days and nights there. They went out only for firewood. Schools were closed. Businesses were closed. Banks were closed. The only real fun we had was when I took them riding in a park across from their home where we went rippin' through snow drifts like we knew there were no fireplugs or deep ditches or concrete barriers buried beneath the foam. God! That was fun!!!

I'd still rather live in flat-assed Mississippi...where it snows about one out of every ten years!

Indy doesn't typically get much snow, but this place grinds to a halt when it happens. People panic on the roads, and you'd think a nuclear emergency had been declared the way people rush to the store to stock up on the basics. But I've got a Jeep Wrangler 4WD with big tires too, so the main inconvenience for me is similar to what you encountered on the roads here.

Forum List

Back