Hello all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who use the Rep tick feature to "strike back" at their perceived "enemies" tend to be the same people who didn't get enough attention as a child. Or perhaps, FAR TOO MUCH attention. Either way, they use this feature to "punish" those who dare oppose their views or refuse to "lay down" for the BS they dish out. In elementary school, this is called "bullying".
In adult life, this is called "I don't know how to think and communicate intelligently, so I'll just bat at you with my clicky little mouse button a zillion times and hope I don't get found out."

2-1/2 days on the board, and you're already whining and justifying said whining about neg reps in your sig line?

You'll fit right in...

Those who use the Rep tick feature to "strike back" at their perceived "enemies" tend to be the same people who didn't get enough attention as a child. Or perhaps, FAR TOO MUCH attention. Either way, they use this feature to "punish" those who dare oppose their views or refuse to "lay down" for the BS they dish out. In elementary school, this is called "bullying".
In adult life, this is called "I don't know how to think and communicate intelligently, so I'll just bat at you with my clicky little mouse button a zillion times and hope I don't get found out."

2-1/2 days on the board, and you're already whining and justifying said whining about neg reps in your sig line?

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

I seem to have touched a nerve? :lol:

Listen -- repetative negative "karma" and "rep ticks" are the non-thinker's way of lashing out, online.
They know not how to articulate their negative commentary, so they let a few little buttons and a couple of mouse clicks to the talking for them.

It is a cop-out.
It is equal to leaving a bag of flaming shit on someone's door step...And then running away.
It's equal to saying "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad!".

I don't negative-tick unless the person truly deserves it.
I don't use negative ticks to avoid actualy debate/discussion.
I don't disable the tick feature because I'm afraid I'll get too many in the negative.

I don't use negative ticks to punish those who don't agree with me. I'm just a bit more secure in my views and beliefs. Negative commentary doesn't fill me with rage and make me...click a mouse button. I'd rather either articulate my point in response to negative comments, or simply walk away knowing that the person neither deserves nor would even comprehend a response. I've seen ALOT of that since I've been here, and it's only been a few days.

Funny how the loudest whiners are the ones who engage in unwarranted negative-ticking.
All because they don't know how to communicate, or articulate themselves accordingly.

But then again....judging by the online character of those who do it....it's not a shock.

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

Listen -- repetative negative "karma" and "rep ticks" are the non-thinker's way of lashing out, online.
They know not how to articulate their negative commentary, so they let a few little buttons and a couple of mouse clicks to the talking for them.

It is a cop-out.
It is equal to leaving a bag of flaming shit on someone's door step...And then running away.

I don't disable the tick feature because I'm afraid I'll get too many in the negative.

I don't use negative ticks to punish those who don't agree with me. I'm just a bit more secure in my views and beliefs. Negative commentary doesn't fill me with rage and make me...click a mouse button. I'd rather either articulate my point in response to negative comments, or simply walk away knowing that the person neither deserves nor would even comprehend a response. I've seen ALOT of that since I've been here, and it's only been a few days.

Funny how the loudest whiners are the ones who engage in unwarranted negative-ticking.
All because they don't know how to communicate, or articulate themselves accordingly.

But then again....judging by the online character of those who do it....it's not a shock.

I didn't even know what rep points were for 2 weeks after I got here.

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

and getting a neg rep devastated your life, right?
:lol:

Edit: and yes, Sarah, that was sarcasm

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

I think you were hoping that but you weren't my first. I don't think the person who negged me is here anymore but when I found out what it was, I was pissed. :lol:

I think you were hoping that but you weren't my first. I don't think the person who negged me is here anymore but when I found out what it was, I was pissed. :lol:
actually, because i used sarcasm, i assumed it DIDNT
lol
if it did i would be far more concerned about your mental stability that something as silly as a messageboard rep could bother you

lol
if it did i would be far more concerned about your mental stability that something as silly as a messageboard rep could bother you

A lot of things bother me, a lot of things make me happy, I'm human. Why assume that you know me well enough to be concerned if it's just a message board to you?

None of it means anything with your attitude.

lol

A lot of things bother me, a lot of things make me happy, I'm human. Why assume that you know me well enough to be concerned if it's just a message board to you?

none of it effects my quality of life
LOL
its just a diversion

lol

none of it effects my quality of life
LOL
its just a diversion

We weren't talking about it affecting your quality of life, we were discussing how you think you can judge someone's stability on a message board but they aren't allowed any emotion. :eusa_eh:

At any rate, Happy New Year. I was talked into working today but only for a few hours.

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

And so it begins.................

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

Is she saying she has ticks?

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

Yup.

Whining.

You'll fit right in, don't worry.

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

NEGGED, YOU CAJUN MUTHAFUCKAH!!! :evil:

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

Is she saying she has ticks?

I think she is saying that she is obsessed with reputation points, and is lashing out preemptively in order to protect her fragile self worth. Which is wrapped up in, and dependent upon, how others view her.

Dr. Freud J. Skinner at your service <bows>

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

Yeah, it varies from forum software to forum software, but usually the good stuff has this kind of feature.

I've admin'd on a few other forums, and I own one myself. I've seen "rep ticks" and "karma" and "homage" and a few other differently-worded clicky things, but, they all basically do the same thing.

It's fun and catchy...but, those who feel they have to have some measure of power over their perceived enemies, usually abuse it. It gets old, but, if it gives them a small but meaningless 'digital thrill' up their leg, so be it.

Within their abuse of the system, lies the truth.
They are as transparent as Scotch tape.

:cool:

You'll fit right in...

"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

Yup.

Whining.

Yep....obsession -- you're doin' it right.
But, don't worry...It will get old for you eventually. Then you'll be free to obsess about something else.

Monkies maybe?

If the 'neg tickers' don't like being called out, even in the slightest way -- they shouldn't do it.
If they don't like my little signature admonition -- maybe they should put their 'blinders' back on, and pretend that no one is noticing their attempts to exact some measure of 'vengence' upon those who are 'so mean to them'? Boo hoo....poor little things.

If you and those like you want to engage in childish behavior, I'll be more than happy to highlight it, proudly and boldly. :D
I tend to call out bullshit when I see it, so -- if you don't like it....tough toddy.

How's about actual debate/discussion?
Or, has clickity-click-click taken the place of that for you and yours? :lol:

Last edited:
"Whining"?

It is a cop-out.

Yup.

Whining.

Yep....obsession --

Yup, you are. It's even in your sig line.

"whining"?

It is a cop-out.
It is equal to leaving a bag of flaming shit on someone's door step...and then running away.

I don't disable the tick feature because i'm afraid i'll get too many in the negative.

I don't use negative ticks to punish those who don't agree with me. I'm just a bit more secure in my views and beliefs. Negative commentary doesn't fill me with rage and make me...click a mouse button. I'd rather either articulate my point in response to negative comments, or simply walk away knowing that the person neither deserves nor would even comprehend a response. I've seen alot of that since i've been here, and it's only been a few days.

and so it begins.................

negged, you cajun muthafuckah!!! :evil:

you motherfucker!

and so it begins.................

negged, you cajun muthafuckah!!! :evil:

you motherfucker!

I love negs in the morning....

Smells like..... VICTORY!!!

family-guy-ring-tone---victory-is-mine-7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List