Heller Struck Down

I've tried to nail down SnowGums on multiple occasions. Do the 9th and 10th amendments...

The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate, reads:
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The original and copies distributed to the states, and then ratified by them, had different capitalization and punctuation:

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Both versions are commonly used in official government publications. The original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights, approved by the House and Senate, was prepared by scribe William Lambert and hangs in the National Archives.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
... recognize the right of marriage and do they give the power to the state vs the Fed or is a right like marriage a right the people have that cannot be abrridged by the state or the Fed.

he says there is no right to marriage yet he also says it is the state who gets to define this right to marry through a power gotten through the constitution.

the powers not delegated vs the rights not enumerated

he's an idiot and he is driving you people over the edge.
:eek:

Shog, you crack me up.

I see you're once again declaring victory because you can't convince anyone that you are correct.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I read that and it doesn't use the 10th that I can see. A federal law was passed...um...

yes, a federal law passed in concordance with the tenth amendment. Are you looking for "And with decree of thee tenth amendment in the year of our lord nineteen hundred and...."?

good grief.

Do you have to wave a first amendment flag every time you express yourself or enjoy any other constitutional amendment? Do you think a sate must do the same?

Come on, pussy, don't dodge and weave NOW! Tell me how Loving validated marriage as a civil right without having to apply your OWN astrix the the fucking verdict...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
from Loving: "Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," "

so you graduated from clown school?

yes, a federal law passed in concordance with the tenth amendment. Are you looking for "And with decree of thee tenth amendment in the year of our lord nineteen hundred and...."?

good grief.

Do you have to wave a first amendment flag every time you express yourself or enjoy any other constitutional amendment? Do you think a sate must do the same?

You actually don't have the slightest idea what you're saying, do you?

Is it actually possible for you to cough up the evidence?

I do think the attempt to make a federal constitutional amendment to deny people their rights will fail over and over again. If it didn't get through when Bush and his cohorts had a stranglehold on the country it has no chance any other time.

well, then you might wanna get yourself a defribulator come this fall when CA shows you what the legislation is all about. It took a VOTE to legislate a 14th amendment in which to validate cases like Loving. Gays don't have a similar example yet. Pretending that Loving is widely applicable won't erase the FACT that the states, with the exception of two (one, come the fall), have moved to restrict gay marriages. That's how our government works. Sorry if you don't think thats acceptable but we operate on LAW, not Ravi's opinion.

and issues have a funny way of swinging, Ravi.. Bush didn't deliver on a LOT fo things that is still festering issues for many.

I've tried to nail down SnowGums on multiple occasions. Do the 9th and 10th amendments...
... recognize the right of marriage and do they give the power to the state vs the Fed or is a right like marriage a right the people have that cannot be abrridged by the state or the Fed.
he says there is no right to marriage yet he also says it is the state who gets to define this right to marry through a power gotten through the constitution.
the powers not delegated vs the rights not enumerated
he's an idiot and he is driving you people over the edge.
:eek:

WOW you are fucking retarded. The Ninth deals with federal restrictions on rights that are non-enumerated in the federal constituion. It doesn't suggest that states can't have fun passing laws that restrict what you seem to think are blank check rights. The tenth specifically says exactly that.

But, it was hilarious watching you dance around the fact of illegal polygamy, dude. I could almost see your little spinning tutu as you pirouette yourself an even goofier arguement using the ninth.

:redface:

Shog, you crack me up.

I see you're once again declaring victory because you can't convince anyone that you are correct.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I dont have to convince you. the facts remain. Utah still criminalizes polygamy with the tenth amendment support ofthe fed. Vegas abides by different rules because of the same. Loving specifically dealt with the 14th amendment element of racism as the cause of discrimination and marriage is still a licensed, RESTRICTED non-civil right.

pacing this thread with Mani clones means very little to me, Ravi. You should know that.

from Loving: "Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," "

so you graduated from clown school?

Go ahead and read the rest of it, testicle head. MARRIAGE, in their case was between a man and a woman. Hilarious as it is, your bullshit opinion doesn't work in Utah either..

EVEN while you dance around your own qualifiers!

:funnyface:

I dont have to convince you. the facts remain. Utah still criminalizes polygamy with the tenth amendment support ofthe fed. Vegas abides by different rules because of the same. Loving specifically dealt with the 14th amendment element of racism as the cause of discrimination and marriage is still a licensed, RESTRICTED non-civil right.

pacing this thread with Mani clones means very little to me, Ravi. You should know that.

Be so kind as too show me exactly what you are talking about in regard to the 10th and polygamy. Also, Mani clones...wtf are you talking about?

then gun ownership is still a licensed, RESTRICTED enumerated right?

we are not clones, we are sock puppets and we are not controlled by any Ravi. We have been assimilated.

Last edited:
then gun ownership is still a licensed, RESTRICTED enumerated right?

insomuch that felons, the mentally disabled and kids cannot legally wield guns in federal buildings and places with posted prohibition, yes.

that kinda backfired on you, didnt it?

insomuch that felons, the mentally disabled and kids cannot legally wield guns in federal buildings and places with posted prohibition, yes.

that kinda backfired on you, didnt it?

you're delusional too?

do you know what a tboat is?

Be so kind as too show me exactly what you are talking about in regard to the 10th and polygamy. Also, Mani clones...wtf are you talking about?

mani clones.. you know.. people who dive into a thread just to come to your rescue rather than provide anything even cose to support for your position.

mani clones.

read the 10th amendment, Ravi. now ask yourself why the Fed has never come down on Utah despite Loving. I can't make you drink, Ravi.

Forum List

Back