Bush makes strides negotiating with the Evil Kim Jong Il...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Jeepers, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Jeepers

Jeepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Maybe he should listen to Obama and go talk to Iran....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Jeepers

Jeepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Wow.. Bush really caved pushing this through as well....

FOXNews.com - Bush Offers Carrots in Exchange for North Korea Nukes Declaration - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Obama is already whole heartedly agreeing with bush leading many to think that this is the first step in the course of action of the Obama administration...

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Obama stuck his foot in his mouth when he responded that he would "go to speak to Iran".

Not because he is willing to discuss the issues, but because by stating it in that way, he made it harder for this state department to actually make that happen. It tipped his hand with Iran thus giving them an advantage in negotiations

It is a amateurish mistake for diplomatic reasons, not a mistake of geo-policial thinking.

NO POTUS is going to go to Iran anytime soon, and it doesn't matter who gets elected.

4. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Exacty, it's U.S. policy not to negotiate with terrorist....and considering Iran's status with the fed...

5. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Bullshit.

As for negotiating with terrorists, what's up with N. Korea?

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Did anybody else watch the CNN Kristine Amopora (I know that's not the way to spell her name but I have absolutely no idea how to spell her name so we'll go with phonetics..) special on the NY Philharmonic going to N. Korea?

It's REALLY good. But all her stuff is.

7. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Did Bush meet with Kim? And I thought Bush just called for some sanctions to be lifted through the UN correct? This is different than negotiating or meeting with someone.

8. politicsezine

politicsezine Concerned Canadian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just an important point... has North Korea ever actually launched a terrorist attack?

Yes, they've tested and made nuclear weapons. So have Pakistan and India.

Yet North Korea has been unfairly lumped in with Iran and Iraq... perhaps because the Korean War never officially ended and America still has troops stationed over there to prevent the communists in the North from trying to take over South Korea.

After living in South Korea myself and talking to both American troops stationed there and Koreans themselves it seems much more likely that Kim Jong Il is a coward and doesn't have the guts to do anything.

As it stands the North and South are holding reunification talks, and while this is a slow process it is a start. I'd estimate that the reunification process will speed up when Kim Jong Il kicks the bucket from old age.

In other news... why wasn't Cuba included in the Axis of Evil? It is also a Communist state... but they don't have any nuclear power do they?

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    No, I don't think Bush has ever met with Kim.
    Clinton's secretary of state did (that hag). I think she's the highest-ranking American to ever meet with him.

10. Jeepers

Jeepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Somebody negotiated with the cat.. somebody from this administration... bush has condoned this meeting even though his strict conditions have not been met.. bush has infact negotiated with a member of the axis of evil.... as for negotiating with Iran.. anyone with any sense about them agrees that its neccessary... bush confirmed this policy with his actions on NKorea..