Hell On Wheels

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Ok. I am way behind on tv shows. I found it on Netflix.

Have you seen this? I watched the first episode last night. I passed out trying to watch the second one.

I plan to stick with it. I may be the only parent alive saying, "Don't you want to play video games now?"

Man, this is awesome. I just finished season three.

August 2 starts season four.

Well? Nobody watching?

It seems every episode ends with someone being brutally beaten.

Then, by the end of the next episode they're healed.

Well? Nobody watching?

Rock and roll baby

:laugh:

The setting, near Cheyenne, WY is interesting in that it looks nothing like Cheyenne, WY.

The actual geography is relatively flat, and there are practically no trees. The nearest area that looks anything like what is depicted as Cheyenne is actually just east of Laramie, maybe 40 miles away at least two days good riding on horseback. IH 80 makes it slightly easier today, as long as no 18 wheeler gets blown off the road in front of you.

There is, however, a huge BNSF depot there, and historically all sorts of Mormons did pass through the area on their way to The Promised Land.

Well? Nobody watching?

Rock and roll baby

The setting, near Cheyenne, WY is interesting in that it looks nothing like Cheyenne, WY.

The actual geography is relatively flat, and there are practically no trees. The nearest area that looks anything like what is depicted as Cheyenne is actually just east of Laramie, maybe 40 miles away at least two days good riding on horseback. IH 80 makes it slightly easier today, as long as no 18 wheeler gets blown off the road in front of you.

There is, however, a huge BNSF depot there, and historically all sorts of Mormons did pass through the area on their way to The Promised Land.

Was Cheyenne always so treeless? And in the show the land seems pretty flat to me.

But who know I don't really care man that show's great :thup:

Well? Nobody watching?

Rock and roll baby

Was Cheyenne always so treeless? And in the show the land seems pretty flat to me.

But who know I don't really care man that show's great :thup:

Good point, but I lean toward thinking its has not changed much because the wind blows at an almost constant 30 mph, not terribly good for tree-growing.

But yes, the plot is great nonetheless: I particularly like the twist now imposed on the Cheyenne locals as the "Federal Government" moves into town. Practically the entire population of Wyoming (about 580,00) absolutely hates the Federal Government.

Yes I have met them all.

And ANOTHER thing: The seasons never change in Hell On Wheels. I wish they'd at least have a snowfall/blizzard, common to the Cheyenne, WY area where they have so little concern about visitors from outside Wyoming, they don't bother plowing the goddamn Highway, so that if it does snow on IH 80, or IH 25, you're forced to either hunker-down in whatever god-forsaken little berg's motel you can find, or camp out in your car until you thaw out.

I still never travel through WY without a bottle of whiskey and a sleeping bag.

And ANOTHER thing: The seasons never change in Hell On Wheels. I wish they'd at least have a snowfall/blizzard, common to the Cheyenne, WY area where they have so little concern about visitors from outside Wyoming, they don't bother plowing the goddamn Highway, so that if it does snow on IH 80, or IH 25, you're forced to either hunker-down in whatever god-forsaken little berg's motel you can find, or camp out in your car until you thaw out.

I still never travel through WY without a bottle of whiskey and a sleeping bag.

They had a blizzard in the first episode of the current season. People died and Cullen almost froze too. During the winter they didn't work on the railroad.

Saw The Bear Man....Missed the Black Hero and Bear Fight? When did this happen?

Anyway, Black Hero kills Grizzly with a knife. The Highly improbable event leaves a Grizzly Tooth embedded in Black Hero Brain, which impresses the Red Man Painted White, who heals him. Once recovered, the somewhat deranged Black Hero, bear-like, indiscriminately kills and takes human wives regardless of race, including A White Hostage Woman. Of course, she is remarkably hawt.

How this all has anything to do with the plot of Hell on Wheels is unclear, but frankly I'm hoping for a spin-off in which Bear Man continues his Bear-like activities.

I love me some Westerns.....this is a MUST SEE on Saturday nights....I watch it on Couchtuner without commercials...also you can pause it and make popcorn! :popcorn:

Forum List

Back