Hell Just Froze Over: DEMS CAVE ON GOVT SHUTDOWN!

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Cave: Dems fold on DREAM pledge, won't demand amnesty as part of year-end funding bill - Hot Air

'Democrats
won’t demand a DREAM bill as part of the package to fund the government this week.'

TRUMP VICTORY:
The President repealed / erased former President Obama's Un-Constitutional attempt to impose legislation - 'The Dream Act' - through Executive Order, FORCING CONGRESS TO DO ITS JOB.

Instead of being willing to do their jobs the Democrats threatened to shut down the government if the GOP did not simply insert / address the passage of the Dream Act as part of the un-associated spending bill. The GOP called their bluff - 'Do It!' The Democrats CAVED!

Democrats are NOW willing to work with Republicans on creating separate Dream Act legislation:

“If Congress goes home for Christmas and leaves Dreamers in the cold, there will be a grassroots uprising that will scorch every legislator who fails to do what’s right.” And now here we are."
- NANCY PELOSI

President Trump FORCED Congress - including the 100% Committed Obstructionist Democrats - to do their jobs!

:clap: :mm: :thewave: :whip: :up: :clap2:

Last edited:
Too bad. I can think of nothing better for this country than federal bureaucrats staying home for a good long while.

The dreamers must be deported. No DACA. No chain migration.
It's going to happen, and by that I mean the Dreamer Act will be written and passed by both the Washington Establishment GOP and the democrats - both of whom have supported open borders and illegal immigration while lying to the American people for decades by promising them they would build a wall.

Trump got rid of Barry's Un-Constitutional ER and pushed the onus back onto Congress where it belongs. I would not doubt, though, to keep his promise to the American people, that he vetoes the bill and forces Congress to take ownership of the entire thing themselves.

Cave: Dems fold on DREAM pledge, won't demand amnesty as part of year-end funding bill - Hot Air

'Democrats
won’t demand a DREAM bill as part of the package to fund the government this week.'

TRUMP VICTORY:
The President repealed / erased former President Obama's Un-Constitutional attempt to impose legislation 'The Dream Act' through Executive Order, FORCING CONGRESS TO DO ITS JOB.

Instead of being willing to do their jobs the Democrats threatened to shut down the government if the GOP did not simply insert / address the passage of the Dream Act as part of the un-associated spending bill. The GOP called their bluff - 'Do It!' The Democrats CAVED!

Democrats are NOW willing to work with Republicans on creating separate Dream Act legislation:

“If Congress goes home for Christmas and leaves Dreamers in the cold, there will be a grassroots uprising that will scorch every legislator who fails to do what’s right.” And now here we are."
- NANCY PELOSI

President Trump FORCED Congress - including the 100% Committed Obstructionist Democrats - to do their jobs!

:clap: :mm: :thewave: :whip: :up: :clap2:

Recall what I stated about this, it was a no brainer and I'm surprised it took the Dems this long to come around, they were cornering themselves. Trump would use this against them and destroy their support. "We support American citizens while they support illegal immigrants. Who should you vote for?

Even lifelong democrats who aren't far left could not support this type of position.

Last edited:
The dreamers must be deported. No DACA. No chain migration.

Hardly noticed in the / by the media, it seems, the last few months is how the Border Patrol Agents have expressed anger at how Trump has left Obama-appointed leadership in key positions in Immigration / Border Security positions. There was an immediate, noticeable impact - a decrease in illegal crossings, etc - when Trump 1st came in. In the last few days it has been reported that the numbers are almost back up to what they were under Obama. Is that because of these Obama-appointed Democrats are undermining Trump's agenda...or something else?

When I see little blurbs in the news like this and apply them to the bigger picture of what's going on - the judicial left pushing back on opposition to Sanctuary Cities, the Dream Act being revived (at least the Constitutional way), it makes me wonder what's going on, if Trump is REALLY committed to ending illegal immigration, or if his agenda is being undermined....

I agree with it

When Obama was President, I condemned the Republicans for trying to add defunding of Obamacare in the Continuing Resolution Bill........I condemn the Democrats for doing the same thing with DACA

Continuing Resolution means you keep Government operating at existing funding. It is not an excuse to blackmail your opponent to get your pet programs in

Forum List

Back