Zone1 Hell is your monster under the bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ghost story lacks evidence - as in, any evidence at all. It's been disproven, friend. Christianity's out - try looking elsewhere for answers.
Disproven by who? You...

For religious folks: the hell you live in terror of is an adult version of the monster under the bed. It plays on a primitive and basic fear of the unknown. Could there be this thing lurking in the shadows beneath where you sleep? Will it drag you under and keep you there forever? Sure, you might look under the bed with a Flashlight and see nothing, the evidence is all inductive, but what if it's there, like people say? And in this nightmare kids' story, only dad can save you, dad who's always watching but will only help you if you swear your love to him and devote yourself to him. Your monster, and your savior, are both monsters.

And you might say, I don't fear the monsters because I worship my dad constantly the way he likes, so I know he'll save me. But isn't that living in an especially twisted sort of terror all the same?

The good news, is the scary children's book about the monsters says all this stuff that's been debunked. The monster, and the dad, never appear in a controlled lab setting and only in folks' imagination. Want me to hold the Flashlight and check with you? There, see, no historical records of any of dad's miracles outside of the story book, no hint of the monster, or of this dad, anywhere in the known universe, only happy creatures going to sleep soundly as they have for billions of years. The end. Sleep well. :)

A true Christian has no dear of hell. Try again.

Disproven by who? You...
I hate to tell you, but the verdict's in, and the "case for christ" didn't hold up in court at all. He could only produce a single self-contradicting document (the bible) in his defense, published 3 centuries after he died by irreputable authors.

Where are the records of the 500 witnesses to his water-walking, or the thousands of witnesses to his multiplying of bread or any of his other espoused magics? With all these wondrous feats why did only a hundred people believe he was god at the time of his death? It seems like only people who never met him could trust him, and few people who met him found his claims believable.

Why did he discourage followers from washing their hands (mark 7) if he knew about germs? Why were all his "prophecies" things anyone who read the old testament could have used, like being betrayed after the breaking of bread - friends broke bread back then so obviously any betrayal would have followed breaking of bread. Or saying "I am isaiah" - when that wasn't even his name.

Why did he call out on the cross, "God, why have you forsaken me!" Unless he realized at the end that he wasn't god and was just a nutty guy?

Christianity is a bologna and cheese sandwich. It's not worth being afraid of a bologna and cheese sandwich. Just add mayo, eat it up, poop it out, and forget about it. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back