Heather Zichal: Obama’s climate plan to focus on efficiency, renewables and EPA

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Heather Zichal: Obama’s climate plan to focus on efficiency, renewables and EPA

By ANDREW RESTUCCIA | 6/19/13 3:33 PM EDT

President Barack Obama is poised to flesh out in the coming weeks his second-term climate change agenda, a three-part plan that will focus broadly on energy efficiency, renewable energy and Environmental Protection Agency regulations, a top White House adviser said Wednesday.

White House energy adviser Heather Zichal said the president is “going to be speaking about climate change in the weeks ahead.” POLITICO reported last week that the plan is likely coming in July.

The president, for his part, on Wednesday promised more action by his administration.

“Our dangerous carbon emissions have come down, but we know we have to do more, and we will do more,” Obama said in a foreign policy speech at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.

Read more: Heather Zichal: Obama?s climate plan to focus on efficiency, renewables and EPA - Andrew Restuccia - POLITICO.com

Last edited:
Great... Maybe he'll throw some more of our Tax money at companies like Solyndra.

• Banned
If he was serious he'd double nuclear through building the latest in that....Get that to 40%. After that he could double or triple Wind, solar, wave, thermal on down the clean list.

That's if he was serious. The fact that the left won't use nuclear tells me that global warming isn't that serious.

I have no problem with nuclear, other than the cost. And the siting. Fukashima was an example of idiotic siting. Behind that station, in the hills, were stone tablets from centuries ago warning not to build below the tablets. We have a nuke in California that is in the same category. However, at the time it was built, we did not know of the Cascadia Subduction Zone quakes.

Nuclear is a good load base, just spendier than hell.

I've heard Obama is going to bypass congress again by using the EPA to raise the tax on the coal industry. Sounds like he wants to tax them out of existence. Higher prices for the low and middle class is at hand.

In other words -- NEGAWATT generation, more Bureaucracy and Tinker Toys.

The guy appears to be TRYING to tank Wall Street.. His timing on this shows NO CONSIDERATION for the anxiety that this will cause for new investments and manufacturing infrastructure build-out in this country.. Really appears to be scuttling the ship on purpose..

I've heard Obama is going to bypass congress again by using the EPA to raise the tax on the coal industry. Sounds like he wants to tax them out of existence. Higher prices for the low and middle class is at hand.

That's his plan. Tax coal and hold up renewables.

Remember when many liberals told us that Obama doesn't have any influence on energy prices? I do... And thanks for admitting they were lying.

That's his plan. Tax coal and hold up renewables.

Remember when many liberals told us that Obama doesn't have any influence on energy prices? I do... And thanks for admitting they were lying.

Obama can tie it up with red tape and raise the standards. :eek: He's the one that enforces the law. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back