health insurance companies going out of business .. DUE TO OBAMACARE!!!

everyone is missing the point.

If the hospitals and doctors weren't ripping off the insurance companies with every maxed out bill. (20$ for a tylanol? / what is the cut off before an insurance company questions the bill?)

If the insurance companies weren't dry fucking us in the ass with skyrocketing premium costs. Although it could be argued that medical fraud by doctors and insurance companies is part of the reason for higher and higher premiums.

Than there would have been no need for the ACA. It is the greed on the part of Hospitals and insurance companies that has brought us to this point. Now that the government has stepped in to lessen their greed, they are whinning and threatening to take it out on the public. I say Fuck them.

YOU total ignored the $600 billion in defensive medicine practiced out of fear of lawsuits!
GREED at insurance companies?

What is the NET profits for most health insurance companies???

CLUE they are 22 on a list of the 50 industries net profits at an average of 4%

Top industries: Most profitable 2008 Profits as % of Revenues
1 Network and Other Communications Equipment 20.4% Why aren't you so angry at this industry??? 20%!!!
2 Internet Services and Retailing 19.4
3 Pharmaceuticals 19.3
4 Medical Products and Equipment 16.3
5 Railroads 12.6
6 Financial Data Services 11.7
7 Mining, Crude-Oil production 11.5
8 Securities 10.7
9 Oil and Gas Equipment, Services 10.2
10 Scientific, Photographic, and Control Equipment 9.9
11 Household and Personal Products 8.7
12 Utilities: Gas and Electric 8.7
13 Aerospace and Defense 7.6
14 Food Services 7.1
15 Industrial Machinery 6.9
16 Food Consumer Products 6.7
17 Electronics, Electrical Equipment 6.5
18 Commercial Banks 5.2
19 Telecommunications 5.1
20 Chemicals 5.0
21 Construction and Farm Machinery 5.0
22 Insurance: Life, Health (stock) 4.6%
23 Information Technology Services 4.5
24 Computers, Office Equipment 4.3
25 Metals 3.9

So why not attack lawyers $100 billion that DRIVES the $600 billion in defensive medicine!

NOT one response!
Why are you people protecting lawyers that are driving so much abuse of the legal system it is being felt ALL OVER!

http://facesoflawsuitabuse.org/facts/

everyone is missing the point.

If the hospitals and doctors weren't ripping off the insurance companies with every maxed out bill. (20$ for a tylanol? / what is the cut off before an insurance company questions the bill?)

If the insurance companies weren't dry fucking us in the ass with skyrocketing premium costs. Although it could be argued that medical fraud by doctors and insurance companies is part of the reason for higher and higher premiums.

Than there would have been no need for the ACA. It is the greed on the part of Hospitals and insurance companies that has brought us to this point. Now that the government has stepped in to lessen their greed, they are whinning and threatening to take it out on the public. I say Fuck them.

YOU total ignored the $600 billion in defensive medicine practiced out of fear of lawsuits!
GREED at insurance companies?

What is the NET profits for most health insurance companies???

CLUE they are 22 on a list of the 50 industries net profits at an average of 4%

Top industries: Most profitable 2008 Profits as % of Revenues
1 Network and Other Communications Equipment 20.4% Why aren't you so angry at this industry??? 20%!!!
2 Internet Services and Retailing 19.4
3 Pharmaceuticals 19.3
4 Medical Products and Equipment 16.3
5 Railroads 12.6
6 Financial Data Services 11.7
7 Mining, Crude-Oil production 11.5
8 Securities 10.7
9 Oil and Gas Equipment, Services 10.2
10 Scientific, Photographic, and Control Equipment 9.9
11 Household and Personal Products 8.7
12 Utilities: Gas and Electric 8.7
13 Aerospace and Defense 7.6
14 Food Services 7.1
15 Industrial Machinery 6.9
16 Food Consumer Products 6.7
17 Electronics, Electrical Equipment 6.5
18 Commercial Banks 5.2
19 Telecommunications 5.1
20 Chemicals 5.0
21 Construction and Farm Machinery 5.0
22 Insurance: Life, Health (stock) 4.6%
23 Information Technology Services 4.5
24 Computers, Office Equipment 4.3
25 Metals 3.9

So why not attack lawyers $100 billion that DRIVES the $600 billion in defensive medicine!

NOT one response!
Why are you people protecting lawyers that are driving so much abuse of the legal system it is being felt ALL OVER!

http://facesoflawsuitabuse.org/facts/

Protecting lawyers? Here is the problem with medical lawsuits, and it starts with the doctor. The Hospital hires the doctor at some astronomical salary, because the doctor says he is worth it (thinks he's god or should at least be paid like one). The insurance company knows how much he makes so they set their premiums accordingly. The suing lawyer who has caught the doctor in a mistake that cost life and/or limb also knows how much the doctor makes, and sets the lawsuit accordingly.
No one else gets sued like this in any other profession, why? No one makes the kind of obscene money a hospital makes.
If there were tort reform, costs still would not come down. My proof...have any of your bills ever gone down by themselves? no.
If a doctor wants to be treated like a normal person perhaps he should be paid like a normal person.

Last edited:
Doctors are closing up too. This is what dictatorship is like. The government takes over an industry and drives out all competition. That was the goal all along. It shouldn't be surprising.

No. This is what a free market is like. If your bloated salaries and no added value to a product can't compete..then you perish.

Nothing "free" about this market, shitforbrains, this is now strictly "gubbmint" market, the gubbmint calls the shot and the IRS is the policman.

Doctors are closing up too. This is what dictatorship is like. The government takes over an industry and drives out all competition. That was the goal all along. It shouldn't be surprising.

No. This is what a free market is like. If your bloated salaries and no added value to a product can't compete..then you perish.

Nothing "free" about this market, shitforbrains, this is now strictly "gubbmint" market, the gubbmint calls the shot and the IRS is the policman.

I don't want useless overpaid banksters coming between me and my physician. Somebody stopped filling the piggies feed trough? Oh my! Looks like they will have to find another tit to suck on.

I don't want useless overpaid banksters coming between me and my physician. Somebody stopped filling the piggies feed trough? Oh my! Looks like they will have to find another tit to suck on.

so now yer straight, it's a "gubbmint" run enterprise. Thanks for playing.

What you want is not a useless banker, but a 20 year old bureaucrat whose last government job was at the post office.

Now you just have the gov't. coming between you and your sugar tit.

What we have is the government shutting down avenues of excessive greed, and the medical community who has been raping the general public for decades doesn't like it. A doctor isn't going to give up his 100k salary or better to come work in a machine shop with me for 35k. Not happening, they will adapt and they will still be doctors, the insurance companies will adapt as well. We will still get taken advantage of but hopefully not as bad. What is going on now is the temper tantrum by the medical community trying to scare everyone, just like your four year old holding their breath.

We should have government oversight of medical care because the TSA has worked out so well.

The VA..Medicare are the most efficient medical care outlets in the country. Ask any of your senators or congressmen or congresswomen about government managed health care. It can't be THAT bad. THEY all use it.

The VA..Medicare are the most efficient medical care outlets in the country. Ask any of your senators or congressmen or congresswomen about government managed health care. It can't be THAT bad. THEY all use it.

Why dont you post the comparative health plans.

The ones for congress then the ones for you and I.

The confusion should be easy to clear up.......

We all know ObamaCare is a power grab. It's not about helping people, it's about power and control, that's it. We all know it and what's more disturbing, so many people don't care. They want to be told how to live their lives. It's freaking mind boggling that their are people who want this.

Forum List

Back