Health care overhaul insures 2.5 million more young adults

If you knew anything about personal responsibility, you'd support the law, because it requires everybody to be personally responsible for their own health insurance. And apparently, health care ISN'T the furthest thing from the minds of the 2.5 million more people who now have health insurance, thanks to the ACA. Get it? Good.

So your idea of "personal responsibility" is doing what your told to do with a gun pointed at your head?

No, that would be considered "fleecing" by most American standards. :eusa_shhh:

If you knew anything about personal responsibility, you'd support the law, because it requires everybody to be personally responsible for their own health insurance. And apparently, health care ISN'T the furthest thing from the minds of the 2.5 million more people who now have health insurance, thanks to the ACA. Get it? Good.

So your idea of "personal responsibility" is doing what your told to do with a gun pointed at your head?

No, that would be considered "fleecing" by most American standards. :eusa_shhh:
-OR- Legalized Theft by those we elect to serve US...:eusa_whistle:

It's not my idea. It was originally a Republican idea. Newt supported it; Mitt still supports it; the Heritage Foundation supported it. If I had things my way, we'd have Medicare for all or at least a public option; but Republicans didn't want to play, so they got stuck with their own idea. And wouldn't you know it? They couldn't even support their own idea. You want personal responsibility? Well, now you have it. You are responsible for your own health insurance. Being a personal-responsibility patriot, you ought to love it. Enjoy.

More good news as a result of the new health care law. Go on, Republicans, tell these 2.5 million people that you want to take away their health insurance.

(CBS/AP) Since the new health care overhaul law took effect a year ago, 2.5 million young adults have gained insurance, according to a new report from the Obama administration.

The report - published Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - shows an increase 2 1/2 times larger than government and private estimates from earlier this year. The previous estimate was that 1 million Americans ages 19-25 had gained coverage.

Administration officials said they now have more data and are slicing the numbers more precisely than the government usually does in an effort to pinpoint the new law's impact.

Under the health overhaul, children can remain on their parents' health insurance plans until they turn 26. Families have flocked to sign up young adults making the transition to work in tough economic times.

According to the government survey, nearly 36 percent of Americans ages 19-25 - more than 10.5 million people - were uninsured in the third quarter of 2010, before the law's provision took effect. Most workplace health plans started carrying the provision Jan. 1, 2011. By the second quarter of 2011, the proportion of uninsured young adults had dropped to a little over 27 percent, or about 8 million people.

The 2.5 million difference can only be the result of the health care law, administration officials said, because the number covered by public programs like Medicaid went down slightly.

Health care overhaul insures 2.5 million more young adults - HealthPop - CBS News

Proof The current US health insurance system is totally fuck and needs to be totally scrapped.

Just had this conversation with my son who was also is awe of the genius of ObamaCare and how its so hard for a 25 year old to get insurance. My reply?

In a Free Market insurers would be offering you blow jobs to get your business because young men don't get sick -- you should be able to get a policy that costs less than peanuts

ObamaCare need to meet the ashheap of history

26 year old children?

That explains dummies like you.

26 year old children?

Well in a liberal household the kids sponge off the parents for a long time.
So when this law was written they knew exactly what age the cutoff would be. :D

Yeah, no shit... I'm guessing JoeFK is one of the aforementioned... hanging around all day, contributing nothing, denmanding that somebody else take care of him.

Vomit... I hate fuckin' vomit.

More good news as a result of the new health care law. Go on, Republicans, tell these 2.5 million people that you want to take away their health insurance.

(CBS/AP) Since the new health care overhaul law took effect a year ago, 2.5 million young adults have gained insurance, according to a new report from the Obama administration.

The report - published Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - shows an increase 2 1/2 times larger than government and private estimates from earlier this year. The previous estimate was that 1 million Americans ages 19-25 had gained coverage.

Administration officials said they now have more data and are slicing the numbers more precisely than the government usually does in an effort to pinpoint the new law's impact.

Under the health overhaul, children can remain on their parents' health insurance plans until they turn 26. Families have flocked to sign up young adults making the transition to work in tough economic times.

According to the government survey, nearly 36 percent of Americans ages 19-25 - more than 10.5 million people - were uninsured in the third quarter of 2010, before the law's provision took effect. Most workplace health plans started carrying the provision Jan. 1, 2011. By the second quarter of 2011, the proportion of uninsured young adults had dropped to a little over 27 percent, or about 8 million people.

The 2.5 million difference can only be the result of the health care law, administration officials said, because the number covered by public programs like Medicaid went down slightly.

Health care overhaul insures 2.5 million more young adults - HealthPop - CBS News

Proof The current US health insurance system is totally fuck and needs to be totally scrapped.

Just had this conversation with my son who was also is awe of the genius of ObamaCare and how its so hard for a 25 year old to get insurance. My reply?

In a Free Market insurers would be offering you blow jobs to get your business because young men don't get sick -- you should be able to get a policy that costs less than peanuts

ObamaCare need to meet the ashheap of history
Precisely.

It's not my idea. It was originally a Republican idea. Newt supported it; Mitt still supports it; the Heritage Foundation supported it. If I had things my way, we'd have Medicare for all or at least a public option; but Republicans didn't want to play, so they got stuck with their own idea. And wouldn't you know it? They couldn't even support their own idea. You want personal responsibility? Well, now you have it. You are responsible for your own health insurance. Being a personal-responsibility patriot, you ought to love it. Enjoy.

With Obamacare you may get your wish. It takes time to push the employers to drop healthcare coverage for their employees and it takes time to push healthcare insurers out of the market, but that was the plan when all along once Obamacare was signed and Kusinich finally understood the goal once he was on Airforce 1 with Obama.

Yeah, no shit... I'm guessing JoeFK is one of the aforementioned... hanging around all day, contributing nothing, denmanding that somebody else take care of him

Actually, I work for a living. I've held the same job for the last 11 years. But don't let that stop you from pretending to know anything about me. Jesus Christ, you are a fucking idiot. Go soak your head some more in your drool cup.

26 year old children?

That explains dummies like you.

26 year old children?

Well in a liberal household the kids sponge off the parents for a long time.
So when this law was written they knew exactly what age the cutoff would be. :D

And when the law was written it was worded so the illegals would fall under obamacare also......through the back door, albeit....but covered.

With Obamacare you may get your wish. It takes time to push the employers to drop healthcare coverage for their employees and it takes time to push healthcare insurers out of the market, but that was the plan when all along once Obamacare was signed and Kusinich finally understood the goal once he was on Airforce 1 with Obama.

I hope so. We need true universal health care. Medicare for all is the least we could do. It's 20-fucking-11 for Christ's sake.

no you don't Joe... yore a "librul"... that means you don't work... you live off the hard work of others... don't you know that by now?

Whenever they get challenged on anything, that's the card they play with more consistency than ANY leftie does the "race" card.

This conclusion is consistent with evidence from Massachusetts. In their December 2007 report, AHIP reported that the average single premium at the end of 2006 for a nongroup product in the United States was $2,613. In a report issued just this week, AHIP found that the average single premium in mid-2009 was $2,985, or a 14 percent increase. That same report presents results for the nongroup markets in a set of states. One of those states is Massachusetts, which passed health-care reform similar to the one contemplated at the federal level in mid-2006. The major aspects of this reform took place in 2007, notably the introduction of large subsidies for low-income populations, a merged nongroup and small group insurance market, and a mandate on individuals to purchase health insurance. And the results have been an enormous reduction in the cost of nongroup insurance in the state: The average individual premium in the state fell from $8,537 at the end of 2006 to $5,143 in mid-2009, a 40 percent reduction, while the rest of the nation was seeing a 14 percent increase.

Ezra Klein - Massachusetts provides evidence that health-care reform lowers insurance premiums

The AHIP is an insurance industry lobbying group, so its hardly surprising that it would produce a report favorable on a program that forces consumers to purchase insurance. Furthermore, Ezra Klein works for the Washington Post, which is the American equivalent of Pravda. So we have a Democrat Party propagandist quoting a lobbying organization.

Yeah, that's credible.

Yeah, no shit... I'm guessing JoeFK is one of the aforementioned... hanging around all day, contributing nothing, denmanding that somebody else take care of him

Actually, I work for a living. I've held the same job for the last 11 years. But don't let that stop you from pretending to know anything about me. Jesus Christ, you are a fucking idiot. Go soak your head some more in your drool cup.

Who do you work for?

I hope so. We need true universal health care. Medicare for all is the least we could do. It's 20-fucking-11 for Christ's sake.

That's your opinion...I understand that. We won't be able to afford it and there is sincere doubt that key components of it is even legal.
I don't care if it's 1900, 2011, or 2099.

Try being responsible for yourself first instead of forcing the rest of us into something we don't want. NOT a big fan of liberty of the individual, are you?

Who do you work for?

I'm self-employed, unfortunately.

no you don't Joe... yore a "librul"... that means you don't work... you live off the hard work of others... don't you know that by now?

Whenever they get challenged on anything, that's the card they play with more consistency than ANY leftie does the "race" card.

Where's the 'race card'? You by just bringing it up, I'm assuming.

Forum List

Back