Health Care Endgame: Activate the Public Option

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flaylo, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Sanjay Sanghoee: Health Care Endgame: Activate the Public Option

Competition is supposed to be key in capitalism, so why are the super capitalist Repugs rejecting the public option? If most people really hate government and don't want government because its the devil the private sector insurance companies shouldn't worry about the "devilish" public option, :lol:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,964
    Amen!

3. Gremlin-USA

Gremlin-USA <<< Me in 1970

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    It is not all the Insurance Companies Fault, for instance:

I chose my policy and it bit me I chooses a high deductible and after my Surgery they paid 100% as agreed in my contract. My deductible and copay is 5,000.00, but my monthly Insurance is less than 150.00 per month for male and over 50.

The pricing I have seen for my age under the Obama Plan will be over 400.00 per month and will have a 2,000.00 deductible and 20% copay.... this is not a better Policy by any means and will become forced on everyone in a few years.

The problem was and is the Hospitals, I had a gall bladder removed, an outpatient surgery that lasted 35 minutes, I checked into the Hospital at 9am and left by 12:15, this included of course all the time to fill out paperwork, etc.

The Bill was over 21,000.00 ... for 3.5 hours?

That is not the Insurance companies fault. We need regulation about Gouging....... Hospitals and Healtcare Profession in general are the ones Ripping the People off not the Insurance Companies.......

Having Government force people to buy Insurance will only cause the Gouging of Prices by Hospitals and Healtcare in General, it will not reduce prices, why would anyone reduce prices when they have the market cornered? Does your Cable Company or Power Company ever reduce prices, no.... not until they have competition.

Forcing everyone to have Government Mandated Insurance without Price Gouging Rules only leads to higher Prices.......

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  4. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    Another retard link from the Huff 'n Puff Compost?

:lol:

5. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    Govt doesn't need to be in the HC game at all.

Anything the Govt touches turns into an expensive clusterfuck.

Let the insurance companies compete against each other in every state in the Union. Competition will bring prices down. Not the Govt.