Health Care -- Approval Up 12% After Obama Speech

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
CBS Poll: Americans More Favorable About Obama's Health Plan After Speech
Print Share Email Topics: Politics, Health Reform

Sep 11, 2009

President Obama's Wednesday night speech about overhauling the country's healthcare system appears "to have been successful — to some extent" according to a CBS poll, which "shows that Americans now give him the best marks of his presidency on handling health care, but they're still divided over whether he's clearly explained his plan," CBS News' Political Hotsheet blog reports.

"Last week, just 40 percent of these adults approved of how the president was handling health care. More, 47 percent, disapproved. After the speech, 52 percent said they approved and only 38 percent said they disapproved. Those are the best assessments for Mr. Obama's handling of health care shown all year by CBS News Polls." For this poll, CBS re-interviewed 678 adults on Thursday who were first questioned in another survey conducted August 27-31 (9/11).

The Hill's Blog Briefing Room writes about "the bad news: Almost half said Obama had not clearly explained the details of his health plan. And less than a quarter indicated the health proposals under consideration would 'help them personally,' according to CBS. That number in particular, CBS adds, has not changed much in the past week" (Romm, 9/11).

CBS Poll: Americans More Favorable About Obama's Health Plan After Speech - Kaiser Health News

Don't know what a winger is, I only follow RCP to get an idea of poll data.

I like RCP. I actually check it often, along with FiveThirtyEight.com and a bunch of thers. But realistically, the average is much more reliable than any individual poll-- same as during the general election.

BHO is popular and the cons are not. Simple. Reform of health care is going to pass.

I like RCP. I actually check it often, along with FiveThirtyEight.com and a bunch of thers. But realistically, the average is much more reliable than any individual poll-- same as during the general election.
Its far more likely BO got a 2-4 point bump that will disapear as the weeks move ahead from his speech.

I seriously doubt the 12 points.

Its far more likely BO got a 2-4 point bump that will disapear as the weeks move ahead from his speech.

You probably didn't believe the polls that predicted Obama would be president.

apg_dan_rather_070919_ms.jpg

Rasumussen vs. CBS. Who do you trust?

You probably didn't believe the polls that predicted Obama would be president.
You probaly would be more credible if you didn't post like an asshole.

I had Obama winning in september.

And if you believe there is all this sudden support, what is stopping the bill from being passed Monday?

Well?

BHO is popular and the cons are not. Simple. Reform of health care is going to pass.

BHO is popular and the cons aren't in OPPOSITE world, where you reside.

Reform of health care may pass...and that will be the end of the Democratic Party as it now exists.

Xenophon-thesillycon, believe the bounce. You guys have acted so stoopidly that you will see moderate Pubs joining the majority. You guys are so toast!

Political Junky, you will only make them cry.

The poor and working classes in the social values groups have been switching in their millions over the last two years to the majority. They will uphold the legislation, and will beat down the Joe Wilsons of the wierd world.

BHO is popular and the cons aren't in OPPOSITE world, where you reside.

Reform of health care may pass...and that will be the end of the Democratic Party as it now exists.
The end for the Democratic Party as when they passed Medicare?

We learned our lesson. Millions didn't protest the passing of Medicare.

Forum List

Back