Health bill prevents asking if citizen

then why did the democrats all deny putting in an amendment to verify status?

In a House committee, 5 dems and all repubs voted for it and 29 dems voted against it...

My understanding is that the amendment required healthcare officials verifying such and there is no way in heaven's name should Health care people be responsible for such...it was a bogus attempt that the repubs needed to spill their spew, that's all...if you look at it closely.

Illegals can not get affordability credits if they are poor to qualify for this plan, that's WHAT IT SAYS and that is what it will be....that is.......if the Senate puts a measure in as well in this manner so that it does not have to be negotiated in the Conference report....

so we need the senate to put in their bill a similar measure...if that happens, then it is a done deal and the measure will be in the Bill coming out of conference.

Health care officials are not going to be the ones doling out the affordability credits, why should they have to verify anything like that? just ridiculous, if it is true...which still isn't confirmed...yet....I realize.
how would it be too hard to check?
thats not what they claim for gun checks

Why don't you find the bill you are supporting and give us a show of it....since YOU are the one that supports it, what does it say...in the devilish details Dive....?

I hate to do this again..

But can ANYONE show me in the bill where it prohibits you from checking ID??

I didn't think so

To stop illegals immigrants stop what brings them here, the employers. G after the employers will drastically reduce the number of illegal immigrants.

When an illegal immigrant is having a health crisis is not the time to crack down on them.

Healthcare reform should be seperate from the illegal immigrant problem.

Denying the illegal immigrants employment is much more humane solution than denying them healthcare.

In a House committee, 5 dems and all repubs voted for it and 29 dems voted against it...

My understanding is that the amendment required healthcare officials verifying such and there is no way in heaven's name should Health care people be responsible for such...it was a bogus attempt that the repubs needed to spill their spew, that's all...if you look at it closely.

Illegals can not get affordability credits if they are poor to qualify for this plan, that's WHAT IT SAYS and that is what it will be....that is.......if the Senate puts a measure in as well in this manner so that it does not have to be negotiated in the Conference report....

so we need the senate to put in their bill a similar measure...if that happens, then it is a done deal and the measure will be in the Bill coming out of conference.

Health care officials are not going to be the ones doling out the affordability credits, why should they have to verify anything like that? just ridiculous, if it is true...which still isn't confirmed...yet....I realize.
how would it be too hard to check?
thats not what they claim for gun checks

Why don't you find the bill you are supporting and give us a show of it....since YOU are the one that supports it, what does it say...in the devilish details Dive....?
i haven't seen it
but it is telling that YOU are here spinning it without seeing it either

To stop illegals immigrants stop what brings them here, the employers. G after the employers will drastically reduce the number of illegal immigrants.

When an illegal immigrant is having a health crisis is not the time to crack down on them.

Denying the illegal immigrants employment is much more humane solution than denying them healthcare.
hey, i agree with that
employers that hire illegals should face stiff penalties that increase with each time caught

Illegals are already covered. They are bankrupting State Governments. Amnesty will legalize them and then the feds. will kick in. It's a fucking Shell Game and Fact Check .Org is a part of it. They are playing word games. Even their American born kids will have access under the proposed law.

I live near Elmhurst Hospital, and the only thing not treated there is farm animals.

Illegal Aliens are already being treated every day. What new Law is going to deny what is already granted under existing law? Who is being disingenuous here? Who do you think you are fooling?

Seven Falsehoods About Health Care | FactCheck.org

False: Illegal Immigrants Will Be Covered

One Republican congressman issued a press release claiming that "5,600,000 Illegal Aliens May Be Covered Under Obamacare," and we’ve been peppered with queries about similar claims. They’re not true. In fact, the House bill (the only bill to be formally introduced in its entirety) specifically says that no federal money would be spent on giving illegal immigrants health coverage:

H.R. 3200: Sec 246 — NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

Also, under current law, those in the country illegally don’t qualify for federal health programs. Of interest: About half of illegal immigrants have health insurance now, according to the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Center, which says those who lack insurance do so principally because their employers don’t offer it.

"Misleading GOP Health Care Claims" July 23

– by Brooks Jackson, Viveca Novak, Lori Robertson and Jess Henig
Sources

Congressional Budget Office. Letter to Rep. Charles B. Rangel. 17 Jul 2009.

Congressional Budget Office. Letter to Sen. Edward M. Kennedy. 2 Jul 2009.

U.S. House. "H.R. 3200." (as introduced 14 Jul 2009.)

Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. "Advance Care Planning: Preferences for Care at the End of Life." Mar 2003.

"AARP Responds to Health Reform Scare Tactics." Press release. AARP 24 Jul 2009.

Keyserling, Jon. Interview with FactCheck.org 29 Jul 2009.

Patient Self-Determination Act. 42 USC 1395cc.

Collins, Sara. Interview with FactCheck.org. 21 Jul 2009.

"It’s Not an Option." Editorial. Investor’s Business Daily. 15 Jul 2009.

Orszag, Peter. Letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Office of Management and Budget. 17 Jul 2009.

Congressional Budget Office. Letter to Rep. Steny Hoyer. 25 Jul 2009.

Posted by Brooks Jackson, Jess Henig, Viveca Novak and Lori Robertson on Friday, August 14, 2009 at 9:09 am
Filed under Articles · Tagged with Barack Obama, health care, health insurance, illegal immigrants, medicare
i read that, then the bill. how much evidence do the retards need to admit they're wrong?

How can you hold the employers responsible for checking status when you refuse to let them check status.. she wondered.

I hate to do this again..

But can ANYONE show me in the bill where it prohibits you from checking ID??

I didn't think so

and no one will. facts and evidence aren't their:doubt: thing.
you're one of the few sane on this board it seems.

The health bill prevents the government from asking anybody if they are a citizen.

Because of the lack of immigration verification requirements in the House health care bill, an estimated 6.6 million illegal aliens could be covered because they meet the financial criteria. Those 6.6 million currently cost the public $4.3 billion in emergency rooms and free health clinics but would cost $31 billion under the House health care system.

HELP STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.......MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD:
What NumbersUSA Is All About | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

read the bill before taking something else as your own.:razz:

Let me get this straight. 30 million US citizens will be MANDATED to buy health insurance or be fined 3800 dollars. But 17 million illegals will still be treated for free? Is that their rebuttal? For crying out loud We are being bamboozled! I would have given Obama more credit if he had said they too will have to pay.

But as someone brought up - as soon as amnesty goes thru this will be a moot point.

Let me get this straight. 30 million US citizens will be MANDATED to buy health insurance or be fined 3800 dollars. But 17 million illegals will still be treated for free? Is that their rebuttal? For crying out loud We are being bamboozled! I would have given Obama more credit if he had said they too will have to pay.

But as someone brought up - as soon as amnesty goes thru this will be a moot point.

i really want evidence of this, i'm doing a debate with someone about this and would like to find this in the bill, ssince you made this statement you must know where to find it yes?

if illegals aren't going to be covered, why are they included in the "uninsured" numbers?

Last edited:

i really want evidence of this, i'm doing a debate with someone about this and would like to find this in the bill, ssince you made this statement you must know where to find it yes?

Factcheck.org is not god, nor are it's claims infallible. Get over yourself. They are in on the scam playing games with words. You think Illegals are not being treated as we speak. You think that the costs are not bankrupting States? That if it is not Direct Federal Money, they are being forthright? You think that Their kids don't count because they are born here. You think that amnesty is not in the plan. Foolish Mortal. You are an idiot.

Factcheck.org is not god, nor are it's claims infallible. Get over yourself. They are in on the scam playing games with words. You think Illegals are not being treated as we speak. You think that the costs are not bankrupting States? That if it is not Direct Federal Money, they are being forthright? You think that Their kids don't count because they are born here. You think that amnesty is not in the plan. Foolish Mortal. You are an idiot.

are adressing him or me?

are adressing him or me?

You. That is irrelevant to the context.

are adressing him or me?

You. That is irrelevant to the context.

uh okay.... never said anything about factcheck, i really do want where it says that to use as a con case for this reform.
foolish mortal?...okie dokie then.
name calling. nice

Forum List

Back