HBO House of the Dragon vs Prime Power Of The Rings

I am so glad I dumped cable. With my Fire Stick, I CHOOSE which streaming service I want instead of seeing bullshit I am not interested in...plus I am saving a hundred bucks by cutting the cable. I pay 60 bucks for internet only...then I subscribed to HBO, Discovery+, Paramount+, have Netflix and Prime not counting peacock which is free, you tube and a multitude of thousands of free movies from FreeVee, Tubi, etc. Best thing I have ever done is cutting the cable!

I am so glad I dumped cable. With my Fire Stick, I CHOOSE which streaming service I want instead of seeing bullshit I am not interested in...plus I am saving a hundred bucks by cutting the cable. I pay 60 bucks for internet only...then I subscribed to HBO, Discovery+, Paramount+, have Netflix and Prime not counting peacock which is free, you tube and a multitude of thousands of free movies from FreeVee, Tubi, etc. Best thing I have ever done is cutting the cable!

The issue is live sports especially hockey (though I am not going to watch much this year) and other unique channels, especially in Canada I imagine, that we can only access via cable. Channels like A&E we can only access through cable for instance.

There are definitely options out there and if it wasn't for live sports and specialty channels I'm sure cable would be in a tougher spot to maintain subscribers.

The issue is live sports especially hockey (though I am not going to watch much this year) and other unique channels, especially in Canada I imagine, that we can only access via cable. Channels like A&E we can only access through cable for instance.

There are definitely options out there and if it wasn't for live sports and specialty channels I'm sure cable would be in a tougher spot to maintain subscribers.
Firestick has live tv..and a LOT of sports. Those, I ignore, lol.

Stream A&E Channel Live - Only $6.99/mo, Cancel Anytime
Ad·https://www.frndlytv.com/

35+ Channels - Lifetime, Hallmark Channel, The History Channel, UPtv, and More. $6.99/mo. Record Every Movie and Show with Unlimited DVR & Watch for 270 Days. Try Free for 7 Days! 4 Simultaneous Screens. 72 Hour Look Back. 35+ Live TV Channels.
Watch Free for 7 Days · ‎Choose Your Plan · ‎Local Now · ‎Lifetime Movie Network · ‎About Us
Try Free for 7 Days - from $0.00 - Cancel Anytime · More

Search Results​

Featured snippet from the web​

A&E Amazon Fire TV
Navigate to the apps section of your Fire TV. Choose the Entertainment category. Select "A&E" Enjoy all your favorite shows.

A&E App for Amazon Fire TV​

I was paying $190 per month for cable. Sports, which MrG loved and I hated, spanish channels, news out the wingwang (lame stream media) and it was not enjoyable to watch tv for me for many years.

When MrG died, I had to cut back. So after my neighbor kept bugging me to try a fire stick..which she gave me (4k...49.99 thru amazon of course), I gave it a go. Loved it. So I bought another one for the other tv. She bought a smart tv from amazon with it already loaded in so she didn't want her firestick back. Now I pay a total of 48 bucks per month for the subscriptions, plus the xfinity internet/wifi box for 60.00. Sure beats that 190.00 AND I can pick and choose what to watch.

I'll take some pics of the tv screen tomorrow so you can see what firestick looks like and what it offers. Even has a live tv guide of all channels I have in my favs. Some you have to pay for, most are free. And it helps if you have Amazon Prime.

I dont even have a Netflix subscription, let alone any others. I just download all my tv shows and movies from a torrent website. I have for many years.

I am eager to see both! Your thoughts?
I suspect that House of Dragon will be good. Ive heard great reviews, plus HBO is just fucking good at making quality products. Im concerned about the Lord of the Rings series though. They could easily fuck that up.

I suspect that House of Dragon will be good. Ive heard great reviews, plus HBO is just fucking good at making quality products. Im concerned about the Lord of the Rings series though. They could easily fuck that up.
They already fucked it up by not asking Ian to return as Gandalf. And he said himself he was waiting for the call that never came which disappointed him. He WANTED to come back for this series. LOTR and no Gandalf??? Not too thrilled about Galadriel being this new chick either. She is thousands of years old and looks awesome still...so why didn't they ask the original to return as well? Perhaps she is booked for other things but they could have ASKED.

Hobbit Negroes?

Targaryen Negros?

I'll pass on both

1661170448361.png

1661170475587.png

Both suck. But I'd watch more House of Dragon before I will continue with Rings Of Power. Bad acting, bad writing, great scenery but scenery will not save this piece of crap. After all the hype, most were excited about it only to be disappointed. So now Amazon is halting reviews because..drumroll....everyone that tuned in said what I just said. It SUCKS.

Hobbit Negroes?

Targaryen Negros?

I'll pass on both

View attachment 685678

View attachment 685679
Which is why I refuse to watch some of the newest movies. I don't remember the name of the last one I tried to watch and only lasted a few minutes, but they had a queenly woman in medieval times playing a woman of wealth and genteel background....who was black. Sorry, but history says otherwise. And too many gay folks sucking face for "inclusion". No thanks.

Both suck. But I'd watch more House of Dragon before I will continue with Rings Of Power. Bad acting, bad writing, great scenery but scenery will not save this piece of crap. After all the hype, most were excited about it only to be disappointed. So now Amazon is halting reviews because..drumroll....everyone that tuned in said what I just said. It SUCKS.
It was pretty average at best.
Scenery was awesome... and that is where awesome ended.
And the snow troll scene where this 3000 lb. monster was tossing elites soldiers around like matchsticks... when in comes "Elf Jesus"... all 110lb., 5'2" of her literally jumps 15 feet in the air and swishes her sword around to save all the helpless men.
:rolleyes:

and a multitude of thousands of free movies from FreeVee
I have a Roku device, I don't watch TeeVee that much, so I don't pay for any TeeVee, just whatever streaming services are available for free on this device.

I generally don't like shows or movies that have a lot of sex or violence in them, so I watch a lot of comedy, and sit coms. Sometimes I'll just watch family and kids stuff, even though my kid is all grown. I found that I enjoyed them a lot. lol

The other night, I'm watching this movie, "Open Season," on the Roku Channel, b/c I notice over on Tubi, "Open Season 3," is available. So I do a search on the device to see if "Open Season 2," is available on any of the free streaming services, you know, like FilmRise, etc. That is when I find out, oh, hey, there is this NEW SERVICE, FreeVee, that became available as of April of this year? Cool. And it has "Open Season 2," on it. So I can watch all three this week? Interesting.

Anyway. . . On this channel, the most interesting election themed movie, by of all people, Jon Stewart. Now, I have always had a soft-spot for Jon, even thought he has sorta of, lately, gone off the deep end with the TDS and woke crap, but his movie, Irresistible (2020 film), I highly recommend. It is everything that is wrong with American politics, with a twist ending, which I greatly love.

As far as both of these series? meh. I can't see paying any money to watch them on TEE VEE. Lots of other good stuff to watch, w/o investing time in retreads. I am interested in reading the books that the GoT series is based on though. Been wanting to look into get them since this series came out.

TV is not on during the day. I usually occupy myself with hobby stuff. Currently, working on a pencil drawing of a guy I met briefly at the upholstery shop that is doing my friends chair. I knew he was NA immediately (native american), and asked if I could take a pic of him cuz my finger itched (and ached at the thought) of drawing him. I asked what nation he was and he said Apache. I nodded and said so was my deceased husband..yavapai apache. We chatted awhile and he did two poses. One side view with head tilted a tad down, front view pic looking straight at me with the fiercest look he could come up with, which was a bit lacking since he kept trying not to smile at this old woman taking his pic. I asked his name and he said Jacob, and I said no....although its a great name...his real name for me was Walking Tall. He has to be in his late 20's, early 30's, has a buzz cut but a mop on top all spikey in todays men's style, and I told him when I began his drawing that he would have hair down to his butt and a feather in his hair...and I was going to curl the corners of his mouth down a little bit because he did not look fierce at all, lol.

Anyway...off topic and back on....when I tend to turn on the tv is when the sun is gone. Currently watching Survivor....season 1....all the way to now. Should take me a month or so to watch the whole thing. And when not Survivor...its Frasier. Or I Love Lucy. Or shows I grew up with, etc. I NEVER watch the news or new shows ....most suck. And when I need to un-depress myself...I put on LOTRs and Hobbit Movies.

Escape mode. Thats what I call it. I hurt all the time....in memories and in body. So now I just wait. What am I waiting for? No clue. Just waiting.

Forum List

Back