Hawaii state representative was beaten by homeless

quorthon

Jan 21, 2015
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/30/tom-brower-beaten-hawaii_n_7698086.html

CIuPrfYUMAAIDqO.jpg

This oaf representative made himself a public image of a fighter against the homeless. Destroying homeless’ shopping carts with his sledgehammer, making photos of homeless, making photos of himself with his sledgehammer… But during his political career he hadn’t realized that politician should love people, not hate them. Now he’s in the hospital with serious head injuries. What a shame, Mr. Brower!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/30/tom-brower-beaten-hawaii_n_7698086.html

CIuPrfYUMAAIDqO.jpg

This oaf representative made himself a public image of a fighter against the homeless. Destroying homeless’ shopping carts with his sledgehammer, making photos of homeless, making photos of himself with his sledgehammer… But during his political career he hadn’t realized that politician should love people, not hate them. Now he’s in the hospital with serious head injuries. What a shame, Mr. Brower!

Only pussies wear gloves like that and what's with the keys hanging from his wrist?

Only pussies wear gloves like that and what's with the keys hanging from his wrist?
I don't care how he looks, Mr. Gold Member, and the thread is not about representative's mode of dress. He fought against homeless with his camera and got a bash from them. Do you have a point?
It's nice to see that the homeless in Hawaii are somehow managing to get enough protein in their diets to whup some ass. :thup:
Why protein? Hatred is what helped them to give him a good lesson.

I don't care how he looks, Mr. Gold Member, and the thread is not about representative's mode of dress. He fought against homeless with his camera and got a bash from them. Do you have a point?
It's nice to see that the homeless in Hawaii are somehow managing to get enough protein in their diets to whup some ass. :thup:
Why protein? Hatred is what helped them to give him a good lesson.

Seems to me threatening homeless people with a sledge hammer dressed like an idiot deserves an ass whooping

Hawaii Declares Homeless Emergency...

Homeless emergency declared in Hawaii[
October 18, 2015 - Hawaii is a place many go to kick back, relax and enjoy the good life. But for others, it's a land of struggle.
That's why its governor on Friday signed an emergency proclamation to tackle homelessness in the state, saying the measure will help turn around the lives of young and old. "Homelessness remains a serious issue in every county throughout the state," Gov. David Ige said in a press release.

NEWS RELEASE: Governor Ige signs emergency proclamation to address homelessness statewide: David Y. Ige | GOVERNOR’S OFFICE NEWS RELEASE: Governor Ige signs emergency proclamation to address homelessness statewide pic.twitter.com/l4wIEwmwVo
— Governor David Ige (@GovHawaii) October 17, 2015

Hawaii has an estimated 7,620 homeless people, said the governor's spokeswoman Cindy McMillan, citing a 2015 statewide count. This may not seem like much compared with other places -- to this point California has about 114,000 homeless, New York has more than 80,000 and Texas about 28,500, according to the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness -- but it's all relative to the state's total population. At 465 people per 100,000 citizens, the Aloha State has the highest rate of homelessness per capita of any of the 50 states, according to Scott Morishige, the governor's point person on this issue. Hawaii's population is about 1.36 million, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. "The alarming increase in unsheltered individuals and families over the past two years is particularly significant on Oahu," Morishige said of the state's most populous island. "This proclamation will expedite the state's plans to help these individuals and families to more quickly transition to permanent housing."

Specifically, the emergency proclamation allows the spending of over $1.3 million to fund homeless services and help set up permanent homes for families and the chronically homeless. The latter effort will include building a transitional housing facility for homeless families. "The biggest deficit in the system is shelter space for families," Ige told reporters.

MORE

CIuPrfYUMAAIDqO.jpg

You're an idiot. Two of the attackers say they are sorry and want to give back the guy's camera

HONOLULU -- A Hawaii state representative was allegedly beaten by several members of a Honolulu homeless encampment on Monday after he refused to stop videotaping them, according to Hawaii News Now.

Isaiah Totoa, 17, who was involved in the altercation, told Hawaii News Now that he and a friend were angry after Brower refused to stop filming them.

"How would you feel if I walked in your house and just started recording you, right? We live here, this our house, respect it," Totoa told Hawaii News Now. "We don't choose to live like this. If I had a choice to go to a house right now and live in that house... trust and believe, I would be in my house. I wouldn't be living underneath one tent."​

CIuPrfYUMAAIDqO.jpg

how was he not arrested for destroying someone else property?

kind of an assbag thing to do, destroy what little a person has and make their life even harder.

not one for vigilante justice, but justice was not being done.

Sledgehammer dude got some karmic justice himself. I would like to believe karma will bite him in the ass again and he winds up pushing a grocery cart himself.

I'm not surprised Hawaii has a massive homeless problem. That seems to be the trend in every liberal hell hole in this country.

Forum List

Back