Hawaii: Live Volcano is Spewing LAVA in the air. So, Comes Hurricane Lane to spread it everywhere!

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hurricane Lane is poised to give Hawaii an unusually major encounter with a major cyclone -- and could batter the Big Island with rain and tropical storm force winds as early as Wednesday night.
The Category 4 storm's dangerous center could make landfall this week, but even if it doesn't, it should draw close to the islands Thursday through Saturday, bringing destructive winds and as many as 20 inches of rain onshore, forecasters said.
The state is bracing for a powerful punch: The governor has declared an emergency, and all public and charter schools on the Big Island and Maui County are closed until further notice.
upload_2018-8-22_17-43-19.png

Hurricane Lane is heading for Hawaii as a dangerous Category 4 storm - CNN

DANG!? That got to be crazy if you are close to the area.
SEE what spewing up into the air.! WOW!
Add 100 mph winds blowing poison and lava somewhere inland.

• Banned
DANG many places should have LAVA in their homes now. That were safe.

upload_2018-8-22_17-54-15.png

Hurricane Lane has strengthened into a Category 5 storm as it rolls toward Hawaii — just two weeks after Hurricane Hector passed the islands. Hurricanes rarely make landfall in Hawaii, as the Central Pacific does not see as many storms as the Atlantic or Eastern Pacific, and the Hawaiian Islands present a small target in the vast Pacific Ocean. Only four named storms — two hurricanes and two tropical

DEVELOPING: Hurricane Lane strengthens to a dangerous Category 5 storm on course to Hawaii

A lot of whoppers hitting Hawaii, maybe it's their loser 9th circuit court getting pay back from a higher power LMDAO!!

I did my search first before posting................

upload_2018-8-22_17-24-5.png

I thought it's a typhoon?

Tropical Storms in the Atlantic are known as Hurricanes. Tropical Storms in the Pacific are known as Typhoons.. I find it telling that NOAA has now merged the two in an attempt to bolster the numbers.. But it is a necessary condensing of terms.. It will make it easier to deal with storm numbers in the real world.

I thought it's a typhoon?

I wondered the same thing, but looked into it. Found this:
What is the difference between a hurricane, a cyclone, and a typhoon?
The only difference between a hurricane, a cyclone, and a typhoon is the location where the storm occurs.

Hurricanes, cyclones, and typhoons are all the same weather phenomenon; we just use different names for these storms in different places. In the Atlantic and Northeast Pacific, the term “hurricane” is used. The same type of disturbance in the Northwest Pacific is called a “typhoon” and “cyclones” occur in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean.
Hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, tornado - what's the difference? | African Reporter

The real danger with this combination will be the winds blowing the toxic volcanic gases onto densely populated areas for any meaningful sustained period of time.

Forum List

Back