Have Your Credit Cards Been Cancelled?

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Mine haven't.

I bet if I walked into a car dealership right now with the proper down payment I would walk out with a new car.

I also bet if I wanted t0 buy a house right now I could with the normal 20% down.

still great rates on 80/15/5s, where you only need a 5% down payment

this country needs to spend more time looking at hard data and less time getting emotional about the last news story on they saw on CNN

I don't have credit cards *shrug*

but I get offers in the mail all the time :lol:

I haven't had any problem, but according to my local paper, banks are now demanding 40% down for real estate loans.

Perhaps if your credit is poor but I highly doubt that if you have good credit.
No, it was actually for everyone. The people the article feature interviewed were planning on putting 30% down on a condo that cost $435,000ish and the bank changed the terms to 40% down. From the article, they had good credit.

Do you mail them back in a box filled with rocks? Better yet, go to the barbershop, collect a handful of hair. Put the hair in the envelope, mail it back to the credit card companies. Then go back to normal routine. Works everytime.

i have 2 cards. use one (pay the full balance every month), the other isnt even activated. saved for emergencies. but i get an offer for a new card just about every day. i wish the companies would just save their $ and trees and stop already

No, it was actually for everyone. The people the article feature interviewed were planning on putting 30% down on a condo that cost $435,000ish and the bank changed the terms to 40% down. From the article, they had good credit.

What city?

Now that makes sense. If I'm not mistaken Miami is extremely overbuilt and overpriced so naturally the banks will want a large down payment as the prices will likely fall even more, especially for a condo as there is probably a glut of them.

i have 2 cards. use one (pay the full balance every month), the other isnt even activated. saved for emergencies. but i get an offer for a new card just about every day. i wish the companies would just save their $ and trees and stop already

You can actually get cards to stop sending you offers. It's part of the Lifelock service. Probably a way to do it yourself.

Now that makes sense. If I'm not mistaken Miami is extremely overbuilt and overpriced so naturally the banks will want a large down payment as the prices will likely fall even more, especially for a condo as there is probably a glut of them.
Not really. The market has gone down in the last couple of years as the economy has started to lose ground. Now there is a glut, true, but charging people 40% instead of 30% down payment certainly isn't going to help that.

One good thing is that traffic is better as people start leaving.

Not really. The market has gone down in the last couple of years as the economy has started to lose ground. Now there is a glut, true, but charging people 40% instead of 30% down payment certainly isn't going to help that.

A Real Agent friend of mine in the Tampa area tells me a lot of people are paying cash. I really can't blame a bank in a highly inflated area to wait until the dust settles.

np--I'm referring all illegals your way ! Your lonliness will be over soon.

A Real Agent friend of mine in the Tampa area tells me a lot of people are paying cash. I really can't blame a bank in a highly inflated area to wait until the dust settles.
I wonder where they are getting the cash? Is this to snap up repos, or what?

Forum List

Back