Have you seen Shakespeare plays on stage?

Nope. Would like to someday though.

I'd like to experience opera too, but I don't think they'd appreciate two hillbillies in overalls coming to the party.

I like the plays.

But sometimes I hate the idiotic „modern“ ways how they are staged.

Yes. And I liked them, actually, except for the ones faggots wrecked trying to be 'creative n stuff'. Tasteless frauds.

I listen to Opera music all the time, but I doubt if I would sit through a whole one on stage just to hear the one aria I liked out of the whole opera. I get select recordings from vocalists I know I like, like Sumi Jo, Sarah Brightman, Jackie Evancho, Katherine Jenkins, Russel Watson, and Jonathan Antoine.

Yes. And I liked them, actually, except for the ones faggots wrecked trying to be 'creative n stuff'. Tasteless frauds.

I listen to Opera music all the time, but I doubt if I would sit through a whole one on stage just to hear the one aria I liked out of the whole opera. I get select recordings from vocalists I know I like, like Sumi Jo, Sarah Brightman, Jackie Evancho, Katherine Jenkins, Russel Watson, and Jonathan Antoine.
Damn that Bugs Bunny!

And if so …. did you like them?

Been in a few dozen, seen over 100 ... if the actors (and direction) are good... they are fantastic.

Shakespeare was a funny guy.

180122_r31326.jpg

When I was young I used to enjoy every summer going to see “Shakespeare in the Park” (Central Park in Manhattan) with a group of friends. It was free but you had to wait in line for hours, so picnicking with wine was the norm. This was the sort of thing I loved about NYC.

Also saw quite a few (mostly) Off Broadway Shakespeare productions including modern theatre, works like “Waiting for Gordot.” NY had a lot to offer, including plenty of opportunity to see “Off Off Broadway” experimental theatre and showcase performances. Today I only watch TV and some filmed reproductions of classics, and of course regular films and a few TV shows I like.

I liked classical Greek theater too when younger, which I mostly just read in English translations. Saw a few incredible performances in Athens and open air operas in Italian amphitheaters when bumming around Europe when I was 19 or so. Oh and Shakespeare in the cheap London theaters was fabulous! All this just sparked an interest and appreciation for art, but sadly I never had any of the exciting experiences of acting or working in amateur theatre.

Oh, I did join a writers workshop once and wrote a play. Put my whole heart and being into it. It was terrible. 🤭

Last edited:
When I was young I used to enjoy every summer going to see “Shakespeare in the Park” (Central Park in Manhattan) with a group of friends. It was free but you had to wait in line for hours, so picnicking with wine was the norm. This was the sort of thing I loved about NYC.

Also saw quite a few (mostly) Off Broadway Shakespeare productions including modern theatre, works like “Waiting for Gordon.” NY had a lot to offer, including plenty of opportunity to see “Off Off Broadway” experimental theatre and showcase performances. Today I only watch TV and some reproductions of classics there, and of course regular films and a few TV shows I like.

I liked classical Greek theater too when younger, which I mostly just read in English translations. Saw a few incredible performances in Athens and open air operas in Italian amphitheaters when bumming around Europe when I was 19 or so. Oh and Shakespeare in the cheaper London theaters were fabulous! They just sparked an interest in learning more, but sadly I never had any of the exciting experiences of acting or working in amateur theatre.

Oh, I did join a writers workshop and wrote a play. Put my whole heart and being into it. It was terrible.
Waiting for Godot?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back