Have you noticed? Republicans have no ability to negotiate?

Reagan negotiated with Tip O'Neal. Clinton negotiated with Newt Gingrich. W. negotiated with Nancy Pelosi. The only President that has refused to negotiate in good faith with the opposition is one Barack Obama. He told GOP leaders a month into his first term that "elections have consequences...I won!"...essentially telling them to go fuck themselves! He then told the American people to go fuck themselves when they gave back the House and Senate to the Republicans in the 2010 midterms when he told us all that he had a phone and a pen and he was going to rule with Executive Orders!

@OldStylester

I really like how you said that....right on, perfectly stated. Both parties benefit through division.....Americans have yet to come to grips with the fact that both parties let us down.....Democrats weakest of the two...of course....fuckin' dreamers and psychics....Hahahaha!

Reagan negotiated with Tip O'Neal. Clinton negotiated with Newt Gingrich. W. negotiated with Nancy Pelosi. The only President that has refused to negotiate in good faith with the opposition is one Barack Obama. He told GOP leaders a month into his first term that "elections have consequences...I won!"...essentially telling them to go fuck themselves! He then told the American people to go fuck themselves when they gave back the House and Senate to the Republicans in the 2010 midterms when he told us all that he had a phone and a pen and he was going to rule with Executive Orders!

@OldStylester

I really like how you said that....right on, perfectly stated. Both parties benefit through division.....Americans have yet to come to grips with the fact that both parties let us down.....Democrats weakest of the two...of course....fuckin' dreamers and psychics....Hahahaha!
And just what did McConnell say about Obama Why leave that little item out??

It was Reagan himself that expanded the arms race so much, that the public turned against him. He was pretty much forced by the America people to put a stop to an unsustainable arms race. I remember when it happened. It was all over the news.
The public never turned against Reagan. LOL The arms race was unsustainable alright, for the Soviets. All Reagan did was modernize and restore our military after 4 years of neglect from the idiot Jimmy Carter. The Soviets, in their paranoia and desperation to hold onto their advantage, spent themselves into bankruptcy and finally collapsed. I was around too, and your recollection is a reflection of the liberal propagandists who have been trying to rewrite history ever since Ronald Reagan humiliated them by showing the world what a REAL President is.
A "real" president? Besides raising taxes again and again, what exactly was it that he did?

@OldStylester

Bull fucking shit. Republicans are 90% white. Democrats are a coalition party of everyone else who strength is their diversity.

More lies. Don't be an ignorant turd. Republicans proudly told America what they planned to do and did to this new president. It's recent history. Stop the ignorant bullshit.

The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama | TIME.com

Republican plot to obstruct President Obama before he even took office, including secret meetings led by House GOPwhip Eric Cantor (in December 2008) and Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (in early January 2009) in which they laid out their daring (though cynical and political) no-honeymoon strategy of all-out resistance to a popular President-elect during an economic emergency. “If he was for it,” former Ohio Senator George Voinovich explained, “we had to be against it.”

It was Reagan himself that expanded the arms race so much, that the public turned against him. He was pretty much forced by the America people to put a stop to an unsustainable arms race. I remember when it happened. It was all over the news.
The public never turned against Reagan. LOL The arms race was unsustainable alright, for the Soviets. All Reagan did was modernize and restore our military after 4 years of neglect from the idiot Jimmy Carter. The Soviets, in their paranoia and desperation to hold onto their advantage, spent themselves into bankruptcy and finally collapsed. I was around too, and your recollection is a reflection of the liberal propagandists who have been trying to rewrite history ever since Ronald Reagan humiliated them by showing the world what a REAL President is.
A "real" president? Besides raising taxes again and again, what exactly was it that he did?
You mean besides creating 20 million jobs? Saving the economy? Bringing inflation down to 2% from 12.4% under Carter? Restoring our military? Winning the Cold War? Strategic Defense Initiative (missile defense systems)? Berlin Wall coming down?

The problem conservatives recognize is that republicans have been negotiating (some would say caving in) with Obama for eight freaking years.

Show me where Republicans have been successful at negotiating.

They blackmailed Obama into extending the Bush Tax cuts in the most despicable way possible.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says

The sequester.

They helped BP for no reason whatsoever.

Senate Republicans block BP investigation - Twin Cities Gas Prices

And when it comes to corporations, they are so terrified. Oh, they will leave and we will be left without jobs and become a destitute country.
Well, I have news. This country is stable and has a huge market. Corporations control so much because they control Republicans. If they want to leave, let them. You know they won't leave. Where would they set up? Cambodia? Spain? Brazil? And their asses would be cut off from selling in the US.

When Republicans are in charge, they are all to happy to invade another country. But never want to help this one. Never! And they continue to shovel the wealth of the nation to the top 1 percent.

That's because we found a long time ago, it doesn't pay to negotiate with evil. You just wind up with a slightly lesser evil, but evil none the less.
So you admit Republicans are evil. At least we can agree on that.
Why??? Oh I know. Because we haven't stopped a single lib program, or dem policy

You mean besides creating 20 million jobs? Saving the economy? Bringing inflation down to 2% from 12.4% under Carter? Restoring our military? Winning the Cold War? Strategic Defense Initiative (missile defense systems)? Berlin Wall coming down?
Clinton created 20 million, not Reagan.
U.S. Job Creation by President / Political Party
And what did Reagan save the economy from? The 10 million jobs Carter created in a single term?
Winning the cold war? Hilarious. Reagan only followed policies that had been put in place since 1947. And the super expensive missile defense system has never worked. Never.
A Missile Defense Boondoggle Fueled by Money - Washington Spectator
The Costly Failure of Missile Defense

Republicans worship Reagan to the point of Parody. Once they started the Reagan Legacy Project in the last 90's to rewrite history, we kind of knew that would happen.

About the Ronald Reagan Legacy Project

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/22/books/review/the-legacy-project.html?_r=0
The Legacy Project

How Republicans created the myth of Ronald Reagan
With the Gipper's reputation flagging after Clinton, neoconservatives launched a stealthy campaign to remake him as a "great" president.

I've watched this thing grow since the late 90's and I have to admit. It's bold, It's brash, It's untrue, but it's worked remarkably well. Younger Republicans totally believe it and even some older ones.

They blackmailed Obama into extending the Bush Tax cuts in the most despicable way possible.

The sequester.

And when it comes to corporations, they are so terrified. Oh, they will leave and we will be left without jobs and become a destitute country.
Well, I have news. This country is stable and has a huge market. Corporations control so much because they control Republicans. If they want to leave, let them. You know they won't leave. Where would they set up? Cambodia? Spain? Brazil? And their asses would be cut off from selling in the US.

When Republicans are in charge, they are all to happy to invade another country. But never want to help this one. Never! And they continue to shovel the wealth of the nation to the top 1 percent.

That's because we found a long time ago, it doesn't pay to negotiate with evil. You just wind up with a slightly lesser evil, but evil none the less.
So you admit Republicans are evil. At least we can agree on that.
Why??? Oh I know. Because we haven't stopped a single lib program, or dem policy

You might want to review this list.

http://www.culberson.house.gov/uploadedfiles/list_of_fy16_omnibus_wins_final.pdf

And what did Reagan save the economy from? The 10 million jobs Carter created in a single term?
Winning the cold war? Hilarious. Reagan only followed policies that had been put in place since 1947. And the super expensive missile defense system has never worked. Never.

Republicans worship Reagan to the point of Parody. Once they started the Reagan Legacy Project in the last 90's to rewrite history, we kind of knew that would happen.

The Legacy Project

With the Gipper's reputation flagging after Clinton, neoconservatives launched a stealthy campaign to remake him as a "great" president.

I've watched this thing grow since the late 90's and I have to admit. It's bold, It's brash, It's untrue, but it's worked remarkably well. Younger Republicans totally believe it and even some older ones.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Somebody suffers from RDS. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
History says you're wrong, MF. LOL!

More lies. Don't be an ignorant turd. Republicans proudly told America what they planned to do and did to this new president. It's recent history. Stop the ignorant bullshit.

The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama | TIME.com

Republican plot to obstruct President Obama before he even took office, including secret meetings led by House GOPwhip Eric Cantor (in December 2008) and Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (in early January 2009) in which they laid out their daring (though cynical and political) no-honeymoon strategy of all-out resistance to a popular President-elect during an economic emergency. “If he was for it,” former Ohio Senator George Voinovich explained, “we had to be against it.”

You can't seem to wrap your little head around the fact that the GOP's goal in life isn't to make Barry's progressive "vision" easy to achieve, R-Derp! The Republican leadership met because they faced a Democratically controlled House and Senate with one of the most liberal Senator's in the Senate about to be sworn in as President. They met to try to formulate some type of strategy for dealing with that until they could win back power. What they faced was made abundantly clear by Obama when he smugly advised Eric Cantor that "elections have consequences...I won!" Then Obama, Reid and Pelosi for all intents and purposes told Republicans to go sit out in the hall while Harry and Nancy passed whatever they felt like passing.

Now the reason that Obama, Reid and Pelosi only got that two year's worth of domination over the GOP isn't that the GOP was able to stop them with some "daring" strategy...it's because they WEREN'T able to stop them from passing the ACA or the Obama Stimulus! It was those two "signature" pieces of legislation that convinced the American electorate to send a record number of new Republicans to Congress to put a stop to the progressive agenda that Pelosi and Reid were shoving down their throats!

The Legacy Project

The "myth" that's been created is that Bill Clinton was somehow responsible for the economic success that took place during his two terms. Impress me with your economic expertise, R-Derp! Tell me what policies Bill Clinton put in place that created the Dot Com Boom!

The sequester.

Why do you image that their disinclination to implement the leftwing agenda shows they don't know how to negotiate? That's like saying not buying a car you don't want shows you can't negotiate.

In short: you're a dumbass.

Everyone has the ability to negotiate. The problem is that Republicans don't have the desire to negotiate. They are all partisanshap and are not interested in the best interests of the country as a whole. They hate Obama and they hate Democrats and that is all that matters to them.

So what part of their agenda have Democrats made concessions on?

Everyone has the ability to negotiate. The problem is that Republicans don't have the desire to negotiate. They are all partisanshap and are not interested in the best interests of the country as a whole. They hate Obama and they hate Democrats and that is all that matters to them.

So what part of their agenda have Democrats made concessions on?

You are avoiding the issue here: the real question is why the Republicans are so obstreperous when it comes to working with the Dems ... why are the Republicans so concerned with partisanship that they flush the entire country down the toilet? That's the issue. Everyone knows that the Republican Party has not only not worked with the Dems and the President, they have gone out of their way to be non-cooperative.

The sequester.

Why do you image that their disinclination to implement the leftwing agenda shows they don't know how to negotiate? That's like saying not buying a car you don't want shows you can't negotiate.

In short: you're a dumbass.
images

Forum List

Back