CDZ Have you looked at the Trump U. Playbook?

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
If you have not, here it is: http://static.politico.com/25/88/783a0dca43a0a898f3973da0086f/trump-university-playbook.pdf .

I've looked through it. I see lots of stuff that looks likes selling methodologies, and very little that looks like anything having to do with providing education at something that is a university.

Some excerpted remarks:

• Page 1: Remember, the "Playbook" is an internal document. It's audience is not folks who would purchase seminars from Trump U.
    The subheading under the document title: "ONE COMPANY. ONE CULTURE. ONE GOAL. Achieving Sustained Profitability in 2010."

You'll notice that the "one goal" is "achieving sustained profitability" for the "one company." There's not any reference to actually educating anyone or to any person who is not on the staff at Trump U.
  • Page 36: Throughout the document, folks who ostensibly are students, are repeatedly referred to as "buyers."
    • Identifying Buyers:
      Once you have the completed profiles, the team should go through each profile and determine who has the most and least liquid assets and rank them using the following scale:

E1 – Over $35,000 of liquid assets
      E2 – Between $20,000 and $30,000 of liquid assets
      E3 – Under $10,000 of liquid assets
      E4 – Less than $2,000 of liquid assets

401ks and IRAs should not be considered when using the ranking system since these are not liquid, available cash.
  • Page 50: Notice there are two kinds of audits and neither of them focuses on the students/buyers or on the quality and content of teaching delivered. In other words, neither has to do with anyone's having achieved their learning objectives. Notice that even the "attendance audit" focuses on whether a "student' has paid the so-called tuition.
    • TRUMP UNIVERSITY CATEGORIZES AUDITS INTO TWO SEPARATE GROUPS: ATTENDANCE AUDITS AND SALES AUDITS:
      • The Attendance Audit:
        A student that has not paid tuition to attend the particular class that they are sitting in on. Example: Attending a fulfillment at a later date or in a different city than the student had originally signed up for.
      • The Sales Audit:
        A student that cannot be up-sold based upon their sales history. Example: A student attending a preview that has already purchased the Profit From Real Estate Workshop, or a student attending the Profit From Real Estate Workshop that already owns the Gold Package/Mentorship Package.
  • Page 81: Note the year this document was published is 2010, not 2016.
    • Reporters are rarely on your side and they are not sympathetic.
    • Once reporters are present it no longer matters why they are there.
    • Expect to be scrutinized.
    • You can only control what you are capable of controlling.
    • Use property rights as leverage: Trump University leases a portion of the hotel’s private property; therefore, Trump University controls that space:
      • Trump University reserves the right to disallow video or audio recording during any event.

The latter half of the document is pure selling skills. Quite literally, it consists of exactly the same training car dealers and door-to-door sales companies used to give (they may still do so...I don't know) to newly hired salespeople. It is quite literally "High Pressure Selling Skills 101." What educational institution pressures folks to buy more classes?

To me, Trump U is the biggest strike against The Donald. Its just my opinion, but it seems to have scam written all over it.

I must admit that I am biased. I am biased by listening to many of the get rich programs avertised on talk radio on the weekends. It's the sellers of the programs that are getting Rich quick.

Trump's defense of Trump U is that most of the students have given Trump U great reviews with the feedback surveys that they use. I do not doubt this. I would be interested in what the reviews would be like a year after taking a class after the students have time to try out some of the Trump techniques.

Last edited:
Trump is a used car salesman who just happened to have more wealth in his family.

To me, Trump U is the biggest strike against The Donald.

I don't know that I can identify a single biggest strike. It's a tie among multiple things, but all of those things contribute to one outcome: I see no basis for trusting in anything Trump says. As I've said elsewhere on USMB, the single biggest factor in what I think about any elected official or candidate is integrity/honesty. Sadly, in this election, it appears that I'll find myself choosing the least dishonest individual and assessing what impact the candidate's dishonesty and lack of integrity (intellectual integrity, personal integrity, etc.) may have on my life or that of those about whom I care most.

I don't know that I can identify a single biggest strike. It's a tie among multiple things, but all of those things contribute to one outcome: I see no basis for trusting in anything Trump says. As I've said elsewhere on USMB, the single biggest factor in what I think about any elected official or candidate is integrity/honesty. Sadly, in this election, it appears that I'll find myself choosing the least dishonest individual and assessing what impact the candidate's dishonesty and lack of integrity (intellectual integrity, personal integrity, etc.) may have on my life or that of those about whom I care most.
Be careful! The least dishonest may simply be the more skilled at lying.

Be careful! The least dishonest may simply be the more skilled at lying.

One can only do the best one can.

Sadly, in this election, it appears that I'll find myself choosing the least dishonest individual and assessing what impact the candidate's dishonesty and lack of integrity (intellectual integrity, personal integrity, etc.) may have on my life or that of those about whom I care most.

Great minds think alike LOL.

That has been my voting philosophy for many years now; vote for the candidate that I believe will do the LEAST HARM to the people I care about.

Sucks to have to approach voting that way. But look at the choices we have been presented with.

Clinton or Tiny Hands Trump?? Good God.

Forum List

Back