Have You Heard of the Hidden Buried Treasure of Forrest Fenn?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
That sounds like so much fun--but no updates in a year?
Sounds like this calls for Jim Bowie!

This whole thing sounds cool, this millionaire buried about $2 million in gold in a treasure chest in a secret location and gave clues to find it.

http://dalneitzel.com/

Follow these 9 clues to find Forrest Fenn's treasure!

Hints and Clues to Help You Find the Fenn Treasure

Forrest Fenns Treasure - Clue Compilation

Many claim they’ve solved Forrest Fenn riddle, but treasure hunt continues

So what do you all think; real or hoax?

Yeah, I heard about that, not sure if its real. who knows? but he probably has sold a lot of books

That sounds like so much fun--but no updates in a year?
Sounds like this calls for Jim Bowie!

maybe we should get our team working on it. hell all these great minds in one place? we should have it solved in a week! we split the proceeds of course.

Yeah, I heard about that, not sure if its real. who knows? but he probably has sold a lot of books

It sounds to me like the real reward is the hunt itself, so it is a no lose proposition, no?

This whole thing sounds cool, this millionaire buried about $2 million in gold in a treasure chest in a secret location and gave clues to find it.

So how do you read that poem?

So how do you read that poem?

Looks like a series of ambiguous clues that have more meaning if you buy his books and read them!

:D

The hunt for Forrest Fenn's treasure

Anyone here know the area of the four states noted in the story? There are nine clues in this poem that tell where the treasure is. Fenn has said it is not in a dangerous place and he at 85 years old could walk to it and find it. It is above 5,000' and below 15,000'. I think applying occam's razor would be prudent.

As I have gone alone in there

And with my treasures bold,

I can keep my secret where,

And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt

And take it in the canyon down,

Not far, but too far to walk.

Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,

The end is drawing ever nigh;

There’ll be no paddle up your creek,

Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,

Look quickly down, your quest to cease

But tarry scant with marvel gaze,

Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go

And leave my trove for all to seek?

The answers I already know

I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak

So hear me all and listen good,

Your effort will be worth the cold.

If you are brave and in the wood

I give you title to the gold.

Happy hunting!

It could be somewhere near or below a dam perhaps. Does home of brown refer to brown trout? The blaze could be waiting for the sunset possibly to mark something on the landscape

It could be somewhere near or below a dam perhaps. Does home of brown refer to brown trout? The blaze could be waiting for the sunset possibly to mark something on the landscape

There are a number of videos on youtube regarding this. The area is so large, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana I believe. So yes it could mean brown trout, or a person named brown, either current or from the distant past. Fenn has said a couple people that told him where they were were within 200' of the treasure but they didn't find it. I had seen this on the news the last few years and just ignored it, but it is pretty interesting as apparently nobody has found this yet. And yes the 'blaze' could be a number of things. The sun in just the right spot as you are looking at a rock formation. Perhaps it is a rock with markings on it that look like fire. The thing to do would be to eliminate all the places in those four states that it could not be then start narrowing it down.

There are a number of videos on youtube regarding this. The area is so large, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana I believe. So yes it could mean brown trout, or a person named brown, either current or from the distant past. Fenn has said a couple people that told him where they were were within 200' of the treasure but they didn't find it. I had seen this on the news the last few years and just ignored it, but it is pretty interesting as apparently nobody has found this yet. And yes the 'blaze' could be a number of things. The sun in just the right spot as you are looking at a rock formation. Perhaps it is a rock with markings on it that look like fire. The thing to do would be to eliminate all the places in those four states that it could not be then start narrowing it down.

It certainly is tough, clues can be read in so many ways. I'd like to take a closer look at it just for fun actually.
If the sun has anything to do with it, such as a sunset, then the season would probably matter. I wonder if thats what he could mean by braving the cold. Maybe you would need to be there in winter. maybe its down inside a tree stump or something.

It certainly is tough, clues can be read in so many ways. I'd like to take a closer look at it just for fun actually.
If the sun has anything to do with it, such as a sunset, then the season would probably matter. I wonder if thats what he could mean by braving the cold. Maybe you would need to be there in winter. maybe its down inside a tree stump or something.

Fenn said the treasure is hidden. In an interview the interviewer mentioned it was 'buried' and Fenn said "I never said it was buried, it is hidden". The first two clues would pinpoint the location at least to the immediate area. Where the warm waters end and take it in the canyon down.

Fenn said the treasure is hidden. In an interview the interviewer mentioned it was 'buried' and Fenn said "I never said it was buried, it is hidden". The first two clues would pinpoint the location at least to the immediate area. Where the warm waters end and take it in the canyon down.

I was thinking in the wood might mean inside a Tree stump possibly, but after reading some more now, thats probably too simplistic. I was thinking though that waters high might be a snow pack, somewhere up above.

Maybe warm waters is just shallow water or maybe there is a name of a river that fits that description. Did you buy the book?

Warm waters might be a hot springs that empty into a river.

ok well actually I was thinking, there are a lot of fish farms where they raise trout. there is always a river inlet and outlet.
This could also be the home of "brown" possibly. I'm tempted to get the book now. Did this guy like to go fishing?

ok well actually I was thinking, there are a lot of fish farms where they raise trout. there is always a river inlet and outlet.
This could also be the home of "brown" possibly. I'm tempted to get the book now. Did this guy like to go fishing?

Yes he did. There are many Youtube videos of people recording themselves actually on site looking for this treasure. On one the guy notes Fenn was a fly fisherman and a 'put in' is slang for where a person or fisherman would put a boat in the water. A clearing near a river or stream. Check out some of the videos on Youtube. One of them is even of a guy that goes through how he found the spot where the treasure was but that someone already took it. He goes to a tree and a hole in the ground below it that is square like the chest. I think though that Fenn confirmed after this video that no one had found it yet.

Yes he did. There are many Youtube videos of people recording themselves actually on site looking for this treasure. On one the guy notes Fenn was a fly fisherman and a 'put in' is slang for where a person or fisherman would put a boat in the water. A clearing near a river or stream. Check out some of the videos on Youtube. One of them is even of a guy that goes through how he found the spot where the treasure was but that someone already took it. He goes to a tree and a hole in the ground below it that is square like the chest. I think though that Fenn confirmed after this video that no one had found it yet.

He can confirm that it is still there without going to it, so it is likely monitored by camera, with a solar panel or is close to the grid.

It might also be beneath a waterfall and easily viewed from a homes security camera.

Forum List

Back