Have you ever felt.....

In the left lane of any highway, the fastest speed you are legally entitled to due is the posted maximum. That means if the Max Speed Limit is 65, that is the maximum speed you can do. If a person in the right lane is doing 65, you have no reason to pass them.

If anyone had bothered to actually learned how to drive in this country, the signs say, "Slower traffic, keep right".

I've interviewed a couple of police officers for some public affairs programs, and this subject always comes up. Overwhelmingly, the police have told me that if someone is in the far left lane impeding traffic, even if they are doing the speed limit, they will be more likely to pull that person over. It may not be for speeding, but they'll look for something else.

Their reasoning is this: They are there for the safety of the motorists. A driver in the far left lane impeding traffic is more of a hazard to roadways than someone who is going with the flow of traffic. Even if that traffic is 10 miles over the posted limit. That person is making it more likely that an accident will occur and cause harm to other drivers, just because they are being a douche.

Now, you have to keep in mind we're talking about Atlanta interstates here, with 6 to 8 lanes of travel going in each direction. And the posted limits are jokes, and the cops know it. 50mph on an interstate? You'll get your ass run down by everyone if you do only that.

da man does this...drives slow in the fast lane forcing people to pass in the right lane....his rational...o yea he has one..they all do....its the tru lane....hes doing the speed limit...now this is a major problem with me...causing me to drive most of the time....if you fuss...he will get over in the right lane for maybe 10 miles then back into the left and it does not bother him when people pass on the right....while i think its a highly dangerous thing to do....o great now the fight is on...he is now saying you do this to clear the lane for oncoming traffic coming off the ramps.....i mention he does this in the middle of bum fuck wv where there are no ramps coming on....

but this is a major thing....i would love some reason that he is totally wrong other than the fact he is....

and he likes to drive thru parking lots but take shortcuts thru parked cars...another thing i am nutzo over....he has had 3 accidents in parking lots...no he is not on the short bus....matter of fact he is at the high end of the iq scale....doesnt drive worth a shit!

roadrage.gif

to be fair and balanced: he will point out i have had perhaps 14 auto accidents....and had to go to driving school for tickets...speeding and passing on a dble yellow....and that he has never been on a high risk policy....

all valid points but i still dont drive slow in the fast lane.....or in the slow lane

o great ...i read your post radio...aloud...now he is mad that i called him a douche...i am explaining it was you...

i dont believe that police officer interview bullshit for a damned second. now he is just ranting thanks there radio....he keeps saying..what a crock of shit!

o great ...i read your post radio...aloud...now he is mad that i called him a douche...i am explaining it was you...

i dont believe that police officer interview bullshit for a damned second. now he is just ranting thanks there radio....he keeps saying..what a crock of shit!

Tell him on a road with two lanes of travel in each direction, I think his position makes sense sometimes. Tell him I'm referring to Atlanta interstates with literally 8 lanes each way.

he is telling you he doesnt every drive on an fucking 8 lane highway...that i am not bitching at him on an 8 lane....i am bitching at him on a 4 lane....douche bag he wanted that capped lol...

seems people feel strongly about this issue....i am with the op...stay in the fucking right lane and get the hell outta my way....unfortunately he is not ...he is ... drive in the left lane and do the speed limit....

o and he wants you to know ...he could give a shit what someone on the nets says...

wait wait there is more....whenever he is driving on a road that is more than 2 lanes wide he can always be found in the 2nd from right lane doing the speed limit and has never been pulled by police that have been interviewd by anybody....

now for someone who does care he has ranted for what 5 minutes....

he is telling you he doesnt every drive on an fucking 8 lane highway...that i am not bitching at him on an 8 lane....i am bitching at him on a 4 lane....douche bag he wanted that capped lol...

seems people feel strongly about this issue....i am with the op...stay in the fucking right lane and get the hell outta my way....unfortunately he is not ...he is ... drive in the left lane and do the speed limit....

*shrug*

If you are in the far left lane of travel, impeding the flow, when there are five to seven other lanes available....you are a douchebag IMO.

If it doesn't apply to him, then I'm not calling him a d-bag.

o and he wants you to know ...he could give a shit what someone on the nets says...

wait wait there is more....whenever he is driving on a road that is more than 2 lanes wide he can always be found in the 2nd from right lane doing the speed limit and has never been pulled by police that have been interviewd by anybody....

now for someone who does care he has ranted for what 5 minutes....

I thought I made it clear I was only talking about those in far left lane when there are more than 2 lanes of travel?

I didn't call him a d-bag.

*shrug*

If you are in the far left lane of travel, impeding the flow, when there are five to seven other lanes available....you are a douchebag IMO.

If it doesn't apply to him, then I'm not calling him a d-bag.

out here its if people on your right are passing you....you are going to slow,either pick it up...or move to a slower lane.....i cant stand these idiots who are pulling a trailor and pass me when i am doing 75 in a middle lane....and some of them are in the far left lane....

Rule of thumb if you don't want to get killed you drive the same speed as everyone else speed limit or not.

No one, and I mean no one, ever passes me.

I drive a poxy 4 cylnder Hyundai Getz, but not one passes.

Go Spartans and tell ye that he who drives drunk laid down his life for his car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4W7oZBhAJg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - The Little Nash Rambler[/ame]

I hope you were not going 10+ over the speed limit posted in else its a highway. If highway than you got a point, on road you don't have a case.

No highway. I don't get it when you are going the speed limit FINE but if the SECOND another lane opens on the LEFT stay the hell out of it. Me and the other ten cars behind you would appreciate it.

It can be annoying, but it's downright frightening when someone zooms up from behind and climbs right on your bumper, both of you doing 65 mph.

When I lived in LA, I knew someone who had 14X14" posters he would flash at people as he passed, depending on the situation (such as yours). They were really clever, although he did cause a little more road rage than he expected sometimes. It became a game for him, something to pass the boredom of the commute. One day, when some tailgating asshole shot in front of him (on a surface street), only to be slowed down again because ALL the cars in front were going slow (duh), when we came to the stoplight, he jumped out, ran up to the driver and shouted "DID YOU GET HERE ANY FASTER THAN I DID?!" Now that was funny.

I love those who try to enter onto the roadway from the right, attempting to force one over, even if it is into oncoming traffic.

My spouse is my hero -- about 18 years ago, a toid tried to muscle in from the right instead of waiting for an opening, the spouse had no where to go so cranked the steering wheel to the right at 30 mph, and put the toid into the grassway on the shoulder. No one was injured, and, hopefully, the toid learned a lesson -- wait your turn.

Learn the rules of the road. The driver already on the road is obligated to allow the one coming onto the road to merge.

You're an idiot.

You definitely are foggy. There was no where to go, bub: not to the left, in front, or to slow down. There was no where to go except to but the dummy into the grass. The decision was correct, your reason is not. Now move on.

Last edited:
I love those who try to enter onto the roadway from the right, attempting to force one over, even if it is into oncoming traffic.

My spouse is my hero -- about 18 years ago, a toid tried to muscle in from the right instead of waiting for an opening, the spouse had no where to go so cranked the steering wheel to the right at 30 mph, and put the toid into the grassway on the shoulder. No one was injured, and, hopefully, the toid learned a lesson -- wait your turn.

i hope the asshole did time for it.

Forum List

Back