Have the Times of the Gentiles been fulfilled?

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
Here is a prophesy of what will occur after the Time of the Gentiles is fulfilled:

Doctrine and Covenants 45:30 - 33

30 And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

31 And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land.

32 But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.

33 And there shall be earthquakes also in divers places, and many desolations; yet men will harden their hearts against me, and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.

and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.

32You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

The question remaining is who be you?

and they will take up the sword, one against another, and they will kill one another.

32You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

The question remaining is who be you?

Since the christ figure with disciples who were martyrs was Theudas by the Jordan river which the main disciples seem to stem from in the AD era, and fire could mean refiners fire=judged and ridiculed then:
the Nazarenes who were death cult & luciferous light worshipers are the fuel for ridicule and he was no longer remembered when he got burried in the trinity of compiled christs into the new
deragatory nickname of IESous(Jesus) (i.e. the swine [forbiden to partake of]).
HENCE: partaking of his flesh is the satanic church's offer of eternity for eating the forbidden flesh of IESous "the swine" like the forbidden apple offering eternity(by Eve[the church] the 2nd bride of Adam[man]) in the Genesis story.

In the days of the Old Testament and New Testament, the gospel was first given to God's chosen people, the Israelites. But through apostasy most of Israel was carried off by the Assyrians and later in 70 A.D. the Jews and any others who remained among them were sacked by Rome and were scattered over the face of the earth. Thus Israel was scattered.

The prophet Jeremiah foretold of this

Jeremiah 13:24-27
24 Therefore will I scatter them as the stubble that passeth away by the wind of the wilderness.
25 This is thy lot, the portion of thy measures from me, saith the Lord; because thou hast forgotten me, and trusted in falsehood.
26 Therefore will I discover thy skirts upon thy face, that thy shame may appear.
27 I have seen thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdness of thy whoredom, and thine abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe unto thee, O Jerusalem! wilt thou not be made clean? when shall it once be?

Also Moses prophesied of this:

Deuteronomy 29:25-28
25 Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the Lord God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
26 For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:
27 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this book:
28 And the Lord rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day.

But it was also prophesied that he would gather scattered Israel home before the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

Deuteronomy 30:1-7
1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee,
2 And shalt return unto the Lord thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
3 That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee.
4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
5 And the Lord thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
7 And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.

After the Lord was to scatter all Israel, there was to be a great apostasy which would cover the whole earth where the true gospel of Jesus Christ would not be found. This was prophesied by the prophet Amos:

Amos 8:11-12
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:
12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

But in the latter-days, God would restore his gospel to the earth and cause a restitution of all things:

Acts 3:19-21
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

When the gospel was to be restored to the earth, it would first come to the Gentile and then eventually to the house of Israel. In the days of Jesus, the gospel was first preached unto the House of Israel (the Jews who remained in Israel) and then through revelation it eventually went unto the Gentile. In the last days, it first was to go to the Gentiles and then eventually unto all the house of Israel. This is what is meant by the following scripture:

1 Nephi 13:42
42 And the time cometh that he shall manifest himself unto all nations, both unto the Jews and also unto the Gentiles; and after he has manifested himself unto the Jews and also unto the Gentiles, then he shall manifest himself unto the Gentiles and also unto the Jews, and the last shall be first, and the first shall be last.

In 1830 the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was restored. The gospel was then first and primarily preached unto the Gentiles. But the time is near at hand when the gospel will go primarily unto the house of Israel. Then shall the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The Lord speaks of this time in the following verses:

Luke 21:5-36
5 And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake.
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judæa flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

There is a double fulfillment of the prophesy of Daniel known as the Abomination of Desolation. This has already occurred once in 70 AD when Rome destroyed the temple and left not one stone upon another standing. Before the Great and Dreadful day of the Lord come, Jerusalem again will be under siege and the temple will be desecrated. If you live to see this sign, know that the end is very near. Two prophets will rise up in the city of Jerusalem and shall prophesy 3.5 years. If you live to see this sign, know that you have until those prophets are killed before the Lord will come. The two prophets, when they are finished with their prophecy of 3.5 years, they will be allowed to be killed by the wicked. Their dead bodies will lie in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 DAYS. After 3.5 days, they will come to life and be resurrected and be caught up into the cloud to meet with Jesus as he comes.

But before all of this, the times of the Gentiles will be fulfilled and there will be great calamities upon the earth, the remnant of Jacob shall be gathered, the city of the New Jerusalem will be built, and the all the house of Israel will be gathered . The Jews in 1948 returned to inhabit the land of Jerusalem. The tribes of Israel that have been scattered are being gathered. Ephraim is receiving his blessing. As a voice of warning, prepare yourselves for the great and dreadful day of the Lord. It will be great for those who are found righteous at his coming but dreadful for those who remain in their wickedness. Repent and follow after Jesus that you may be saved at his coming.

Forum List

Back